Bargain buys thread

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Pushys express post for a $1 min spend $30, applied at checkout. Not sure how express with Aus Post but still cheap!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Good find! Do Five Tens size up accurately? I'm looking at EU 48 size Freeride Pros (same as my Shimanos).
I've only had one pair, Hellcats, sold them after 10 or so rides as they felt really heavy.

Reckon I used reviews and YouTube to work out the sizing... its a pain, but less pain than ill fitting shoes.

There should be some five ten demons around here with a few pairs.

FWIW, mine fitted well and they were 43's... many other bike shoes I wear are 44's. So may run slightly large.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good find! Do Five Tens size up accurately? I'm looking at EU 48 size Freeride Pros (same as my Shimanos).
From my experience your flippers are going to be trouble. I have had a few pairs and the sizing length is inconsistent an width is almost always narrow.

moorey

call me Mia
I've only had one pair, Hellcats, sold them after 10 or so rides as they felt really heavy.

Reckon I used reviews and YouTube to work out the sizing... its a pain, but less pain than ill fitting shoes.

There should be some five ten demons around here with a few pairs.

FWIW, mine fitted well and they were 43's... many other bike shoes I wear are 44's. So may run slightly large.
Wait, what? All my Five10’s...and I’ve got/had run 1/2 a size small...like Clickwork.

ozzybmx

Well there you go, I have wide feet too. I checked back on emails before answering you for the size.

Def 43 in five ten Hellcats.

Both my current Ion Rascals and Spech 2FO's are 44's.

Minlak

custom titis
Well there you go, I have wide feet too. I checked back on emails before answering you for the size.

Def 43 in five ten Hellcats.

Both my current Ion Rascals and Spech 2FO's are 44's.
If your like your 2F0’s then you will want 44 in Five Tens - I have had to sell any 5:10’s after I buy them as they squish my toes - I love my 2FO’s fit soo well ( -48 2FO and 13 US 5:10)

Minlak

custom titis
So much confuse. :(
I love 2FO most comfortable shoe for me I have ever had - the main issue I get with shoes is pain in my little toes due to wide feet and a previous history of wearing the wrong size shoes. He may not get the toe pain but I have found the 5:10’s seem great when I first put them in and hurt after around an hour or so as they are narrower and less forgiving in construction

moorey

call me Mia
I love 2FO most comfortable shoe for me I have ever had - the main issue I get with shoes is pain in my little toes due to wide feet and a previous history of wearing the wrong size shoes. He may not get the toe pain but I have found the 5:10’s seem great when I first put them in and hurt after around an hour or so as they are narrower and less forgiving in construction
You know the 1/2 sizes give extra width, not length?

Minlak

custom titis
You know the 1/2 sizes give extra width, not length?
Yessum had one pair in 13 and one pair in 13.5 same result for both - it may be unique to my feet - just offering my personal experience as he mentioned 2FO and I currently have 2 pair of them

ozzybmx

If your like your 2F0’s then you will want 44 in Five Tens - I have had to sell any 5:10’s after I buy them as they squish my toes - I love my 2FO’s fit soo well ( -48 2FO and 13 US 5:10)
My 2FO's are a little bit more roomy that the Ions, they still feel good though.

So much confuse. :(
Yep, cant even try any on locally either usually, just easier buying online and taking a chance... not just for the price but range of styles and colours that never get brought to Australia.

Then if they do, they will probably be mail order from another state at Aussie prices.

Minlak

custom titis
My 2FO's are a little bit more roomy that the Ions, they still feel good though.

Yep, cant even try any on locally either usually, just easier buying online and taking a chance... not just for the price but range of styles and colours that never get brought to Australia.

Then if they do, they will probably be mail order from another state at Aussie prices.
Does MTB direct still sell them? They are good with shoe returns as long as shoe presents as new

ozzybmx

Does MTB direct still sell them? They are good with shoe returns as long as shoe presents as new
Not sure, I do know I paid the equivalent of $120 for the Hellcats (just looked), they were nearly $200 here at that time.

I listed them on a local Fakebook MTB buy sell page for $120 and they cleaned up basically like new, no scuffs or crashes on them. IIRC I took a $100 offer on them from some happy local who came and picked them up.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Schwalbe tyres (NN, MM, HD etc) in various sizes for 50 bucks at TBE. Not great descriptions on which versions though..

Recommend me a combo to try on pea gravel..