COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"Australia's highest profile sporting event"

If we don't host it another country will apparently nick it very quickly.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

So.... apparently it is. We shall see.

moorey

call me Mia
"Australia's highest profile sporting event"

If we don't host it another country will apparently nick it very quickly.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

So.... apparently it is. We shall see.
What country that COULD hold it in the current environment ISN’T a covid hot mess? Or you mean steal for future?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
On further reflection I must agree. Sports are for doing not watching. Time spent watching sport would be far better spent doing sport/exercise/being outdoors...
Exceptions for me being Rugby (can't play it anymore and still deluded enough to think Australia can actually win a Bledisloe sometime in the next 50 years) and F1 (cus it's still pretty good and good luck trying to play it yourself).

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Exceptions for me being Rugby (can't play it anymore and still deluded enough to think Australia can actually win a Bledisloe sometime in the next 50 years) and F1 (cus it's still pretty good and good luck trying to play it yourself).
but you can get pretty good sims for F1, hasnt been a decent rugby game since jonah lomu rugby on PS1, and that was mostly from the commentary. Kids don't understand when i say they are digging like as demented mole.

F1 went ahead with a long schedule last year albeit without crowds. that got them the tv rights money. Id bet on melbourne going ahead with or without crowds this year. Last year showed there were plenty of circuits not in the regular calendar that were very popular when added and would happily bid for melbourne's spot. it only got cancelled here last year as covid was a rapidly expanding unknown at the time and a mclaren staffer tested positive. After that shutdown the show continued even when perez and hamilton got diagnosed.

as for watching rugby, the private school boys in charge are kidding themselves if they think disjointed super rugby alone is worth the same $25 i pay for kayo that covers northern hemisphere rugby and most football leagues, league, afl, F1, nhl, WRC. Used to be an avid rugby fan but ever since they overexpanded with the kings then had to muddle their way out I've lost most interest. Seems they are expecting a lot of rugby fans are fans of no other sport.

Minlak

custom titis
So people think that the vaccine is going to put life back to normal?? People are just not aware it doesn't stop you from transmitting the virus - the virus lives in your nasal passage - its very possible for you to be in contact with the virus and carry the virus without developing the virus once you are vaccinated.