Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
TV setting. Might be called 'oversampling' from memory?
I got it, it was called 'over-scaling' on the video card program/app. Set it back to 1080P and adjusted a sliding bar back a couple of clicks till the task bar appeared.

ozzybmx

@rockmoose what's happening with the dropouts ? Is it Bluetooth connectivity ? That would be giving me the shits big time.

I have my Power source, Controllable and Cadence off Bluetooth and the HRM off ANT+

Worth noting that my new set up with the old computer had old Bluetooth connectivity which was weak as shit, I bought a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (dongle) from JB's and its back to full strength.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
@rockmoose what's happening with the dropouts ? Is it Bluetooth connectivity ? That would be giving me the shits big time.

I have my Power source, Controllable and Cadence off Bluetooth and the HRM off ANT+

Worth noting that my new set up with the old computer had old Bluetooth connectivity which was weak as shit, I bought a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (dongle) from JB's and its back to full strength.
I generally run off the tablet for portability and ease. That won't run your ant+ because stupid Android grumble stuff reasons. I ran it off the laptop a couple of days ago, thinking it would automatically do the ant+ thing. It didn't.

I need to download something for the laptop to recognise ant+, then hopefully I will be fine.

ozzybmx

Damn, I thought the ANT+ was plug and play. Are you running Windows 10 ?

I put Windows 10 on everything I owned a few years back and shit just plugs and plays.

Download Windows 10 from Microsoft and buy a $4.50 key (they've put the price up, used to be $3).

This will give you full Windows 10 Professional.

I did load it onto an old laptop and it basically killed it. The laptop was too old to run 10 and it takes too long to load and process stuff now.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I have this problem with my Macbook. I still think Zwift's shit software is the major issue, but if I'm doing a workout using erg mode, I have to run my BT headphones off my phone because HRM/Kickr/Airpods is too much load and the erg either drops out completely, or the resistance/power changes lag by 20-30sec making the whole thing a nightmare.

rockmoose

Damn, I thought the ANT+ was plug and play. Are you running Windows 10 ?

I put Windows 10 on everything I owned a few years back and shit just plugs and plays.

Download Windows 10 from Microsoft and buy a $4.50 key (they've put the price up, used to be $3).

This will give you full Windows 10 Professional.

I did load it onto an old laptop and it basically killed it. The laptop was too old to run 10 and it takes too long to load and process stuff now.

Yeah, it's running Windows 10. Certainly nothing happened when I fired it up, just connected everything Bluetooth as usual.

It is so random and luck of the draw when/if it will drop out. But if I try to run trainer, HR and cadence it WILL drop out.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, it's running Windows 10. Certainly nothing happened when I fired it up, just connected everything Bluetooth as usual.

It is so random and luck of the draw when/if it will drop out. But if I try to run trainer, HR and cadence it WILL drop out.
Did you try getting Zwift to search for new devices? I had to do that when I switched to an external Ant+ antenna (when I was actually using my trainer last year), and then it came up with the Ant+ version of the same devices.

rockmoose

Did you try getting Zwift to search for new devices? I had to do that when I switched to an external Ant+ antenna (when I was actually using my trainer last year), and then it came up with the Ant+ version of the same devices.
No, how do I do that?

ozzybmx

No, how do I do that?
Firstly, are both the ANT+ and Bluetooth symbols emitting halo rings at the top left corner (red circle) ?

Next as Beeb says, click unpair (Yellow circle) and when you click search again, it will give you options of connecting via ANT+ or Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is 16 times faster than ANT+ and when I used ANT+ instead of Bluetooth, the bike stopped for no apparent reason numerous times while I was still pedalling.

Might just be my connection but I would use Bluetooth for Power Source and Controllable Trainer, then either for Cadence and ANT+ for HR.

rockmoose

Yep, I do all that, but when I go to re-pair, only Bluetooth shows up???

I'll have another play later, but have a hot date with my ZA group recovery ride, so hope my tablet doesn't drop out.

ozzybmx

Yep, I do all that, but when I go to re-pair, only Bluetooth shows up???

I'll have another play later, but have a hot date with my ZA group recovery ride, so hope my tablet doesn't drop out.
You slut, that's your 4th hot date today !

Do you have the ANT+ Symbol emitting halo rings at the top left.

Here's what mine looks like.

ozzybmx

93 watts while you're standing up close to the telly? Given up on weight doping and just left an electric drill hooked up to the cranks? :p
Hahaha... missus was hanging washing out, told her to start pedalling to wake the sensors up, that's her flat out... in zone 5 :p

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
if you have the device connected via bluetooth, it wont connect again with ant. you'll need to disconnect the bluetooth first and try to reconnect again.

...i think