Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
if you have the device connected via bluetooth, it wont connect again with ant. you'll need to disconnect the bluetooth first and try to reconnect again.

...i think
Aha. That sound like a good idea. I'll try turning off the bt, and fire it up with just the ant+. Then, hopefully each time I start up, I can choose.......... maybe.

But not tonight, I couldn't bare anymore slut shaming.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I had the ant+ halo doing its thing, before I had the ant+ dongle. It also does its halo happy dance on the tablet.........
Dont know whats going on there. If I pull my ANT+ dongle out of the side of the computer, the halo stops pulsing.

if you have the device connected via bluetooth, it wont connect again with ant. you'll need to disconnect the bluetooth first and try to reconnect again.

...i think
Yeah I reckon thats right, Bluetooth can only connect to 1 device at a time. ANT+ can do multiple but not as good or over as great a distance.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Dont know whats going on there. If I pull my ANT+ dongle out of the side of the computer, the halo stops pulsing.

Yeah I reckon thats right, Bluetooth can only connect to 1 device at a time. ANT+ can do multiple but not as good or over as great a distance.
Bluetooth is a synchronisation, devices form a 1-1 secure connection. Some Bluetooth devices can do multiple connections but most can't.

Ant is more of a transmission, it sends a signal and anything that can see it can receive it.

My trainer will happily transmit to multiple computers in ant, but connect it via Bluetooth and everything else locks down.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

rockmoose

I can connect trainer, HR and cadence via Bluetooth. In fact, it often does it anyway, and I have to unpair my cadence before starting, as I know I won't make it through the workout. But running trainer and HR, or trainer and cadence through Bluetooth is not a problem............. until it is..............

rockmoose

Got shafted with my second group recovery ride, yesterday.

It shows up in my feed, but not on my Zwift Academy log.

Just finished my final workout, so might do another, boring as hold music, group recovery ride, this afternoon.

That will push me over 300k's for the week........ and I haven't ridden a real bike in almost a month.

The only question remaining, is should I push for a century tomorrow, to knock off 400 for the week?

rockmoose

Yo @rockmoose y'know you can just... not do the group recovery rides yeah? :p
I wish. Can't pass ZA without doing 2 of the pointless fuckers. I've done 4 now, and only got the first one ticked off.

I do a 2w/kg recovery ride every second day, between workout days. I don't need to do it with 400 other bozos, most of whom deem it essential to show everyone how amazing they are, racing off at 5+w/kg.

The beacon rider is constantly dragging them back, and patiently explaining just what a recovery ride is.

These rides are always as glitchy as hell too. I wonder if the beacon playing with the space-time continuum has anything to do with that.

Anyway, I should just be like @Jpez and leave the bike at home, get out for a power walk.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I wish. Can't pass ZA without doing 2 of the pointless fuckers. I've done 4 now, and only got the first one ticked off.

I do a 2w/kg recovery ride every second day, between workout days. I don't need to do it with 400 other bozos, most of whom deem it essential to show everyone how amazing they are, racing off at 5+w/kg.

The beacon rider is constantly dragging them back, and patiently explaining just what a recovery ride is.

These rides are always as glitchy as hell too. I wonder if the beacon playing with the space-time continuum has anything to do with that.

Anyway, I should just be like @Jpez and leave the bike at home, get out for a power walk.

Are you in home detention or something?

ozzybmx

I'm having an issue with workouts.

The trainer is ramping up and slowing me down that I am in my lowest gear, its telling me to do 200w at 90rpm and the trainer has me down at 35rpm.

Off to G00Gl3 to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

ozzybmx

Looks like its me :rolleyes:

THE SPIRAL OF DEATH
If you understand how Erg mode works, you’ll understand what we like to call the “Spiral of Death”. This torturous event happens when you are in Erg mode attempting to hold a particular wattage, then your legs get tired and your cadence slows. In order to keep hitting the wattage target, your trainer will then increase the resistance (see examples above).
This increased resistance naturally slows your cadence even more, which means the trainer piles on more resistance… until you come to a grinding halt.
Feeling the spiral of death beginning? Ramp up your power a bit while shifting to an easier gear so you can raise your cadence. If you’re out of gears, the only way out of the spiral is to push harder, increasing your cadence so the trainer will reduce its resistance.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Looks like its me :rolleyes:

THE SPIRAL OF DEATH
If you understand how Erg mode works, you’ll understand what we like to call the “Spiral of Death”. This torturous event happens when you are in Erg mode attempting to hold a particular wattage, then your legs get tired and your cadence slows. In order to keep hitting the wattage target, your trainer will then increase the resistance (see examples above).
This increased resistance naturally slows your cadence even more, which means the trainer piles on more resistance… until you come to a grinding halt.
Feeling the spiral of death beginning? Ramp up your power a bit while shifting to an easier gear so you can raise your cadence. If you’re out of gears, the only way out of the spiral is to push harder, increasing your cadence so the trainer will reduce its resistance.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The trainer is ramping up and slowing me down that I am in my lowest gear, its telling me to do 200w at 90rpm and the trainer has me down at 35rpm.
I've had this before but only very intermittently, and not the spiral of death which comes about from tired legs. Couple of times the trainer has bugged out and pumped the resistance so high I literally can't turn the pedals, and because I can't turn the pedals it won't clock that it's trying to kill me and reset. After much WTFing the first time, easiest thing is just to unplug, count to ten, plug back in and re-pair. Pause your workout if it's in ERG or if you're in a race, just give up and go have a beer.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
See, I'm not full of shit................. on this particular occasion.
I guess my question is, are you doing ZA because it's a structured workout program, or to get a Strava/Zwift badge that says you finished it? I haven't "joined" ZA but all the workouts/rides are available as events etc still... Just don't do the annoying group rides and do everything else, and get the same benefit and less time spent being grumpy :)

Edit: sorry I forgot the digital kit, too... Obviously that bit is important :p