Recent content by Calv

1. C

Zappos.com worth buying from or not?

In the case that this is isn't spam, I'm not aware that Zappo's ships outside of the US. I live in Canada now and my gf and I have both bought shoes through them, and we've had to have it shipped to a PO box in the US and pick it up.
  2. C

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. Have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on various beers, especially Fatman's opinions and very informative descriptions! Still training my palate to notice more of the flavours, etc. Right now I'm more of a "I like the taste of that...
  3. C

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

I'll second the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Sat down to a nice cold one on the couch after last night's toonie ride! If you can get your hands on it in Oz, I'd also recommend Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale.
  4. C

Yet another 'help me fix my computer' thread, alll my stuff is invisible

Hey Ross, I had a quick Google on Windows Repair malware and it seems very similar to the Antivirus 2007,2008,2009,2010 famly of fake virus scanners. They're a pain but can usually be removed with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. http://www.malwarebytes.org. If you can't use your browser on the...
  5. C

CAN 2010 July - Whistler.

You summed up exactly what I was thinking but didn't say. I just provided what he asked for lol If you have that sorta cash to spend , then definitely give a thought to the guided options that Ryan has suggested.
  6. C

Fire your travel agent mate. I'm not 100% sure about being bike friendly, but a few calls/emails should answer that. I think it'll be a safe bet that they will be more than accommodating given the length of your stay. Fairmont Chateau - http://www.fairmont.com/whistler Westin -...
  7. C

Did you mean Mt Washington on Vancouver Island? Sun Peaks is on the mainland near Kamloops :) Speaking of Mt Washington. Has anyone ridden there? Thoughts?
  8. C

Whistler 2010!!!!

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/residence/summer_rates/index.htm That's 2009 summer rates, however the info other than prices should still pretty similar.
  9. C

Official kentlyn thread

I'm not jumping into the track debate as I'm moving back to Canada soon, but just so there's no confusion or assumptions, BlackCommoUte is not Adam from the bike shop (who also drives a black Commodore ute). I have spoken to him and confirmed it is not him.
  10. C

Image to Text converters

No worries Matt. Hope it worked out. If you run into any troubles, just PM or post in this thread. :)
  11. C

Image to Text converters

Hi Matt H, The nifty piece of software is called OCR (Optical Character Recognition) The OCR component within Office is called Document Imaging and it's not installed in Office 2007 by default. You can add it though by inserting your Office 2007 CD and selecting Add Features or Add Components...
  12. C

DH Diamonback aint crap!...

I'm guessing it does, going by the nick on the top of the shock resevoir. Nice ride mate, but you might want to look into cutting your seat post back a little to avoid it hitting your resevoir under compression.
  13. C

Sold

Free bump. C'mon guys, the man needs to eat!
  14. C

Official kentlyn thread

hahaha my next dentist appointment is the Monday after Canberra ....those girlfriend's of ours are costing us some dosh lol I don't think I'll make it out to Kentlyn beforehand now as we're leaving pretty early in the morning for Canberra now. But I'm definitely in for next weekend though...
  15. C

Official kentlyn thread

It doesn't take much to turn Kentlyn to sand yeahyeah! I haven't been out there in a few weeks so I might try and head out for an early morning Saturday ride before heading to Canberra. It all depends on when Andrew wants to leave as I'm catching a ride down with him. Have you found that cowbell...