Recent content by Canbaroo

1. C

Canberra Centenary Trail in a day

That's a slight exaggeration mate .... it's called the Centenary Trail 'cause there's only a hundred of them. .... speaking of which. I was out doing an easy Nth side loop on Tuesday and got picked up by Dan Mac and Bec Henderson as I was negotiating one of said gates. Thought Dan paid...
  2. C

24 solo nationals easter

Ooooops! Apologies Courts for my slanderous inference! No paying attention .... I'm pleased to hear you have a bit more stamina than the other pretender:friendly_wink: Coming along nicely, a dozen or so starters at the moment, might end up with twenty which is the upper limit of my...
  3. C

24 solo nationals easter

Saturday 19 April CORC gave all us members a 2014 Calendar [for Christmas!] to hang on the back of the door to the throne room which has all CORC run club and national events. It says Onya Bike Nat 24Hr Solo Champs Saturday 19 April [Easter Saturday]. On your usual 50k limit you should be...
  4. C

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Knp A great build plasticmann! What a joy to get out on your very own pony into some of our great high country trails. I've just done a couple of days up there myself ... did 3 hours up and back on the Island Bend FT on Monday and yesterday rode up through Snowy Plain as far as Grey Mare...
  5. C

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

I'll second that! If we're going to start testing harmless self inflicted substance abuse then we should start with Cornik's performance enhancing testosterone levels.
  6. C

....... bit of a new twist, they usually want to marry me:love:
  7. C

NBN should have you on line down in Adelaide in 2016 lad... but rest easy, after 2010 this will be a doddle, you will get those 16,17th laps in no probs. With a name like Steve you will survive! Thanks mate, your enthuiasm is only matched by your good looks..... however this is a major...
  8. C

Wow! A course that ordinary [and older] humans can ride.... I might even enjoy it:flypig:
  9. C

Oh? So it wasn't the course at all…. Well Crumble it's not surprising that the secret training peeps, me included, have been trawling around the 2010 24hr solo Stromlo lap because that's what the WEMBO website said was going to be 'the lap'. But when we check back to the event website it now...
  10. C

..... some took up golf! Well Mr Dreggsy, your 2010 post race post was one that I read through ..... Taking up eating and golf is bad for your health...:nono:
  11. C

Four weeks out and silence reigns .... In 2010 when the earlier version [Adrenalin] of this event was hosted here in Canberra there were 1844 posts and 185 pages on Rotorburn. About 150 of those pages preceded the start of the race with a great deal of discussion, banter, 'sold out' and...
  12. C

2013 Mongolian Bike Challenge

Maybe 2015? If I do TDR next year [starts June 13?] I might not be finished by September 1.:deadhorse: It's sounding a bit soft for me .... but the camping options might be to your standards? "108 athletes from 23 countries were transferred today by private coach from the Bayangol Hotel...
  13. C

2013 Mongolian Bike Challenge

Mongolian Bike Challenge rolls of today with a big contingent of Aussies [25] inc 'Femenina' Jess Douglas and Beth Thompson who will give the ladies cat. a shake. Last years mens winner, Canadian Corey Wallace [Kona Team] will be fav. in the mens. He then heads down to Canberra for the World...
  14. C

2013 Back Yamma Bigfoot

Congrats on the win... Well done JD and to Ms Webb winning the ladies 50k. There was a lot of class from Canberra sprinkled right through the field ... I thought the race plate number seedings were a bit rude. You had #1 and I had #96...... as it turned out they were right on the...
  15. C

2013 Tour Divide

... a Repost from the US Bikepacking.net TDR thread I know nothing ..... contact Peter Moore below. If you are in Melbourne, Australia that is, Jesse Carlsson, Liam Crowley and Hugh Harvey will be speaking about their Tour Divide experience on Wednesday night 28 August. Register to come...