Recent content by clintooo

1. C

SOLD - Reynolds carbon 29er tubeless wheelset [Perth]

thanks for that. they are a light wheelset. i only raced them and used mavic slr as my main wheelset. But having said that, I have seen other 70+ riders using those as their only wheels, and they have held up. wheels have sold.
  2. C

SOLD - Reynolds carbon 29er tubeless wheelset [Perth]

Item: Reynolds Carbon 29er wheel set tubeless Location: Perth, but happy to courier Item Condition: very good Reason for selling: not really racing and I’m moving overseas Price and price conditions:$500 Extra Info: A set of Reynolds wheels that came on my Cannondale team scalpel from...
  3. C

Virtual Cycling DVD's for indoor trainers?

I have a couple of spinnervals and a carmichael training system vids I find them great to use. there are a number of various types of work outs. what I like about them is you dont have to think about it or remember when you should be on it for your next interval. they tell you what to do...
  4. C

Crank brothers cobalt 3 29 wheelset?

a mate I ride with has had them for about 6 months. we had a bitch of a time getting nobbly nics to seat, but once we got them inflated, they seem fine. I had checked a few times early on and he wasnt getting any burping issues. the wheels seem to have held up well,no issues with them...
  5. C

Anyone else read the new Flow mag yet?

I got a full refund, but was told there were only 4 other people with the Zinio issue. Seems they are all on this site :)
  6. C

delete/sold

If the total order value is over $1000, dont use fedex. They will charge you the gst, duty and their "processing fees" as a matter of course. if you go ups or even usps it will normally come through without getting charged the gst. Also you can use a mail forwarder such as ship2me.com they...
  7. C

Cape to Cape MTB on Cycling Central

I can attest to it being a great event. Well organised and a great variety of trails/tracks. Definitely doing it again next year. It is quite a family orientated event too. We hired a house for 4 adults and 3 kids. THe wives and kids went out in the mornings and collected us at lunch time...
  8. C

PERTH : Good bike fitting service?

are you looking at using his coaching services? I would be interested in knowing how that goes. I had been thinking of trying 6 months on the carmichael site, or maybe just one of the training peaks downloads, but am unsure. More just for a bit of motivation and improve fitness in time for...
  9. C

Best bike rack ever !!!!

Hi gcouyant Are you able to make your 4 bike rack convert to a 2 bike rack? The reason I ask is that I usually only carry 1 or 2 bikes, but about 25% of the time I carry 3 or sometimes 4 in a squeeze (XCs on a Thule oldstyle rack). So I would buy a bigger 4 bike carrier, but I would prefer...
  10. C

Anyone else read the new Flow mag yet?

I'm the same. I joined the royalty version as I thought would be good to get the hard copy and the online copy. However, after I paid my money, i was then told my first hard copy would be issue 2 in Jan/Feb next year. So I thought ok I will just read it online. However, the link doesn't...
  11. C

Bike repair stands.

i have had one of the cheap $89 stands from torpedo7 for about 5 years. Stand is great and I have had no problems. Other than some surface rust on the head unit from when I wash my bikes. Holds my roadies fine, epic 26er and my mates giant 29er well and stable. the park tools ones look...
  12. C

Friggin UST tyres...

I had the same trouble. A non UST set of rims running Stans rim strips. Maxxis crossmax on the rear and Kendal Nevegal on the front. I broke 3 tyre levers getting the maxis on. When I went to change them out, I broke another tyre lever before giving up and getting the stanley knife out and...
  13. C

Carbon wheels. Disc brakes?

Colnago have or are releasing a frame with the disc mounts. there was a writeup on it in Bicycle magazine, i think current issue or last month if you use zinio. Does look good. they claim it is safer on descents and provides more controlled braking...
  14. C

Anyone ridden the Munda Biddi trail in WA?

How did you do the transport side of it? By that I mean the pickup drop off, or did you just ride back? We had been contemplating doing some longer sections as training for the cape to cape, but we were never really sure about how you go leaving your cars etc. and where to leave them. Given...
  15. C

Anyone ridden the Munda Biddi trail in WA?

I've not actually ridden much of the Munda B trail itself. However, there are various other MTB tracks that intersect it and use sections of it to link up trails so I have ended up riding various sections of it. I have ridden a fair bit of it around Dwellingup, where it is quite a bit of...