Recent content by crosser

1. C

NSW SOLD: 2015 Norco Threshold SL CX 58cm

Price drop to $2600 o.n.o.
  2. C

NSW SOLD: 2015 Norco Threshold SL CX 58cm

Item: 2015 Norco Threshold SL CX 58cm Location: Hornsby NSW Item Condition: Bike was ridden for less than a month (<300km) and is in excellent condition except for a scratch in the paint on the chainstay caused by a chain suck incident (see photo below). The stay was examined by the shop...
  3. C

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

We haven't completely decided yet. Top of the Southside loop would be cool, but it makes the timing a little more difficult if the start/finish are not in the same place and there isn't much space for people to gather up there, but we'll see.
  4. C

Old Mans Valley Bike Festival By now OMV has become so much a part of our lives that it is difficult to remember when, only a few years ago, one walked past that sad-looking privet forest thinking ‘man it would be great to build some singletrack in there, but stuff like that never happens, not...
  5. C

All good ideas. I think even just a big ALL TRAILS CLOSED sign on the fire road gate on Quarry Road and at the TAFE end would be sufficient (in addition to the fairly unambiguous strip of bright orange storm fencing currently in place at the main trailhead. These three points of entry are...
  6. C

It's too bad the council rangers were unresponsive, but if you contact Anthony Newling, who is very helpful and approachable, he can perhaps word them up that this is happening, and if there is a particular time they are showing up on these "bikes" they could keep an eye out. Mountain bike...
  7. C

I spoke to Anthony Newling from Council the last time this happened and just to clear up any ambiguity: riding any motorised vehicle is illegal at OMV. Alex did well to talk to them, but it would also be good to try calling the council rangers (I know...) and to let Anthony know what happened on...
  8. C

Absent the Texas Rangers, call the Council Rangers I ran into Anthony from Hornsby Council this morning at OMV and mentioned that motorcyclists had been on the trails. He said the best thing to do is to call Council's rangers on 9847 6666. During business hours this will go through to the...
  9. C

cyclocross

This is a good guide to tubelessness and CX, with a list of tires that have worked: http://www.cxmagazine.com/going-tubeless-cyclocross-tires-racing-recommendations I run Stans 29er rims, so set up was easy and I can run low pressures without burping. I think going tubeless is one of the...
  10. C

We'll send the turkeys to the next IMBA workshop and they can build stage II.
  11. C

The IMBA way really works!
  12. C

I think if a Council ranger hung out by the trailhead (hiding behind bushes perhaps) on a day like today (sunny day after rain, school holidays) there would be a good chance of catching somebody red-handed, that is, brown-tired.
  13. C

It's school holidays again and some maleducati took it upon themselves to remove the storm fencing on Quarry Road and have a little private ride. I saw four or five teenagers on expensive duallies at the gate and told them it wasn't cool to ride after the biblical rain we've had, but clearly the...
  14. C

We suggested half-jokingly at one of the build days that there should be a website called hornsbymountainbiketrail.com or the like which would consist of nothing but the words TRAIL CLOSED on a red background or TRAIL OPEN on a green background. Maybe it should be flashing in some kind of...
  15. C

Good for you. The Council webpage, their Twitter account and the SNORC Facebook site all show that the trail is closed, so I'm not sure where she got her (mis)information. To judge from the tire tracks visible this morning it was only a tiny fraction of the riders OMV normally sees on a Sunday...