Recent content by korgi

1. K

Post Your XC Machine

I don't own a scale at the moment so will need to wait until I get to the LBS. Should be fairly light but I'm no weight weenie and the parts had to be reliable as well. So XTR pedals instead of CB eggbeaters for example.
  2. K

Post Your XC Machine

Thanks. I've only had one 1 1/2 hour ride so far as it was only completed on Saturday and Melbourne weather and trails are shite at the moment. Happy so far but need to play with the shock settings more to get them to my liking.
  3. K

Post Your XC Machine

Yeti ASR - new build Finally built up my new ride and rode it yesterday. Yeti ASR, Rock Shox SID Team, XX Drivetrain, Hope Tech X2 Brakes, Chris King BB and HS, new XTR SPD pedals. _DSC3456 by korganowp, on Flickr _DSC3453 by korganowp, on Flickr _DSC3451 by korganowp, on...
  4. K

Hope Distributor In Australia?

Thanks everyone for the responses. Didn't think of that - though will this work as Hope discs are 183mm instead of 180mm standard? Not that 3mm is much.
  5. K

Hope Distributor In Australia?

The last part I need for my Yeti bike build is an adaptor for my disc brakes. I could get this mail order from the UK but it might not make it here by Xmas. Anyone know who or if there is an Australian distributor or retailer? Cheers Korgi
  6. K

Sram XX - Cassette & Chain Compatability Question

Thanks - looks like we were typing at the same time. And I thought I had made my mind up! Cool will think about the XO cassette. Problem with the X9 is that it doesn't seem to come in the 11-36 that I want whereas the XT, XTR and XO do. Thanks for your help.
  7. K

Maybe both have a vested interest in saying that!:) They both designed systems that were meant to work with components of a certain spec and everything else might not be as optimal in their eyes. And there is the issue of competitors and lost sales! From a google search for the last hour, it...
  8. K

Thanks for the reply. I just visited the Cannondale site as I was quite sure that I saw a bike at BSC Bikes with Sram XO 10 speed and an Shimano XT cassette, and I found this: http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/eng/Products/Bikes/Mountain/Hardtail/Flash/Details/2728-1FS2S-FLASH-Hi-MOD-2 So it...
  9. K

Hi Everyone I'm getting close to finishing my new bike build. I have xtr m980 pedals and Hope x2 brakes on the way. I just need a cassette and chain. I have a full XX drivetrain so far. The XX cassette seems to be priced ridiculously for a disposable item. I was waiting for the XO...
  10. K

New Yeti frame - build and Melbourne bike shop question

It's one of the last US made ones - 08 ASR-SLC. From some internet research: "Yeti took the last remaining golden made frames and painted them with a special color scheme" It cost me A$1,260 delivered door to door in 4 days all costs inclusive. No customs or GST. It would be cheaper...
  11. K

Lotus Elise for the racetrack:D. Another of my toys with wheels.
  12. K

Thanks Casnell. I'm in Ivanhoe East, so we are virtually neighbours!
  13. K

Hi I recently purchased the below frame from Jenson USA. I have a few questions regarding the build. 1. It's supposed to take a 27.2 seatpost but my Syntace post of that size doesn't slide in smoothly. I measured the seat tube ID and it's more like 27mm. Can anyone recommend a good...