Recent content by Mr_Gareth

1. Mr_Gareth

Hey Ben. Giant Trance SX has been sold sorry,

Hey Ben. Giant Trance SX has been sold sorry,
  2. Mr_Gareth

VIC WTB XL DH Bike - Only stuff in good condition 2014 or newer please.

Mate, honestly it's the world's simplest wtb post. Using the template literally didn't change the content in my one sentence title/thread. But if it makes you feel better then sure
  3. Mr_Gareth

VIC WTB XL DH Bike - Only stuff in good condition 2014 or newer please.

Item: XL Downhill Bike Location: NSW Vic Price range/Willing to Pay: $3000 Extra Info: Only stuff in good condition 2014 or newer please.
  4. Mr_Gareth

VIC sold

Are these still available? Can you please reply to gareth@macktronix.com.au?
  5. Mr_Gareth

Want to buy 2010 Or Newer GIANT FAITH

Location ALbury NSW Frame is a large and I would be lookihng for around $2200 considering the upgrades and money that has been spent on it. I am considering selling my 2010 faith at the moment. I had a pure Glory which is used fopr DH and this was used as a trail bike which I used for most...
  6. Mr_Gareth

WANT TO BUY 2010 Giant Faith

I am considering selling my 2010 faith at the moment. I had a pure Glory which is used fopr DH and this was used as a trail bike which I used for most other things. It is in great nick and has a choice of 2 wheel sets which are in good condition including the original wheels and also a newer set...
  7. Mr_Gareth

What has happened to 4X in Australia?

Ha! Have to race my hardtail with the bmxers at the local bmx track!! Can i get in touch with anyone around the albury wodonga area that knows of any decent 4x tracks close by? Is that one in sydney people r talking about open to the public?
  8. Mr_Gareth

What does less Fork Rake do for you? 2010 Glory 0 vs 2009 0

Yeah think that should work nicely, im going to give myself some more sag in the rear and do the front up a bit stiffer, that should work awsome. Geeze new gear can be a bit tricky until you understand it properly,
  9. Mr_Gareth

And then why the hell do giant bring both the rc4 and the dhx5 with 500lbs springs!? they should have a lighter spring as a base reference for tuning.
  10. Mr_Gareth

Ah ok thats what i thought and talk about when im talking about rake, but i went on the giant site and the geometry section states head angle and frk rake as two seperate geometries. fork rake looks like its a measurement in mm from the front hub horizontally to where it meets the head angle.
  11. Mr_Gareth

I suppose im more talking about the headangle then the rake of the forks, but the HA has to be less for sure. Yeah i get a feeling in the back like its getting hung up in the first part of the travel heaps more once the dampenning comes in i suppose thats the difference. I think the spring...
  12. Mr_Gareth

Yeah i was thinking that however im 6 foot 5 and weigh 103kg so 2 kg wont make much difference haha. The bike itself is heaps more poppy and easy to get off the ground tho where the old one stuck down a bit better. just when pushing through a succession of rocks it doesn't go over the rocks...
  13. Mr_Gareth

Hey guys just a thread to explain to me why in 2010 the glory has gone to having less rake? What advantages does having less rake do? When riding my 2010 Glory I feel like it wants to put me over the bars heaps more, especially in the rougher rocky stuff. I know the feeling of my old 2009...
  14. Mr_Gareth

New Shuttle Trailer design

duuuuude that ns rack is wicked! so simple but for some reason those kinda things just doesn't occour to people sooner. cept for they are milking it way to hard.. prices are way to steep for what they are. poor grip lol. id be tryin to hush that up.
  15. Mr_Gareth

Freeride park building in wodonga

Fellas, im gunna have to say im leading away from the can. it has some decent natrual features and its span is great for xc, but apart on race days, there is no way to shuttle it, and to be honest, the dirt is sandy crap thats really hard to work with. Wodonga is 5 mins away, and Barrandude 5...