Recent content by NetBiker

1. N

MTB to Road - New Bike Advice

Thanks for the replies, It sounds like a relatively stiff race style bike is more the go. Titanium is interesting haven’t heard of this type before. Also sounds like 105 is good enough but if I can go higher then sweet. The wheels are likely to be the winner in this level of bike I am guessing...
  2. N

MTB to Road - New Bike Advice

Hi everyone, I am pretty into mountain biking and want to start getting into some road riding as well for some fitness training and general riding with mates as something different. I am not sure if I would do racing, if so only relatively social. I am no pro but I know how to ride relatively...
  3. N

Ourimbah DH - ReBORN

Snip snip snip
  4. N

Riding evenly after a knee operation

I just measured my legs. Both are pretty close in size, there is probably 5mm circumference difference (favouring the non-op one). But my legs are only about 450mm circumference measured at about 5cm above the knee, which obviously isnt big. My right leg defiantely feels stronger though and...
  5. N

Wow, thanks for the great responses, I didn’t quite expect such good detailed suggestions. I am not particularly keen on stopping using clips, I have pretty good shoes now which are suppose to ease pressure on your knees by having a slight offcamber angle to them. I never usually find I get...
  6. N

I had a knee reconstruction about 1 year ago which they call a TTT. Its pretty major surgery (for a knee) where they break your leg to change the angle of kneecap and put a few screws in there, tighten things up etc. It took me a long time to even walk properly again and now I have well and...
  7. N

All Mountain Tyres

Hey paulb I also have a Pivot 5.7. The Kenda Nevegal on the front is brilliant hey, I have had them on other bikes and they have been rubbish, these ‘signature’ models must be completely different rubber. The Slant 6 on the back rolls ok and generally handles not too bad but I find tends to...
  8. N

Clipless Shoe Types

I have the 661 Filter SPD skate shoe style clip in shoes which have been pretty good to learn on and are good to walk in too. I was reading in Aust mountain bike magazine about the 3 different types of shoe, comfort (im guessing what I have, look like walking shoes), trail (xc slimline style)...
  9. N

Europe Trails

I am pretty interested to hear some answers for this, Europe looks wicked. I will be hopefully be riding France for a day (was thinking Les Gets bikepark) would be keen if anyone had any info to add about hiring, travel to get there etc. for stuff in France. Staying in Anneacy and only have 1...
  10. N

Ourimbah Club Series Downhill Round 2 1 May CANCELLED

You will probably have less time on your hands after school and uni, along comes other things-work, parties, dinners, travel, girls, other shit, girls...
  11. N

CRC issue

I didnt get a false purchase but the bank said I have to take a replacement card otherwise I would be liable for all costs-fair enough. They also said that fraud can happen up to 2 yrs after the compromise so thats why they think its better to be safe then sorry. I know that the banks...
  12. N

Making it ride better...

Thanks man, Why you getting rid of the DHX 5 air? for even more weight saving? The RP23 is a much smaller shock without the piggyback so I guess that would be a compromise between performance and weight
  13. N

Making it ride better...

Hey Guys, I have a 2010 Commencal Supreme (not the DH version) which is an awesome bike, espeically for DH and jumps but I am possibly looking to make it a little lighter/rideable for XC, uphills and all mountain stuff, Its stock apart from replacing the tyres to 2.5” minion front and 2.35”...
  14. N

2011 snow thread

15. N

Red Light Camera Fine

Dont know why people want to contest these things, you ran a red light, accept it. If everyone gets off these things then they wont do anything to slow people down. Havnt had an accident or fine in 30yrs? good on you, you may be a safe driver or you may have been lucky-I havnt assulted anyone...