Recent content by Olie1584

1. O

What does your day look like?

I spend a lot of time at work. Not work and not bikes.
  2. O

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Transitioned my roadie into... Commuter-Spec! F+R fenderz Ultra-Blinder 9000 lights Saint Flat Pedals. It looks amazingly shit.
  3. O

Went for a sufferfest xc ride with some mates. Lasted about 1 climb before training turned into "how fast do you think you can hit that flat turn/jump/drop without killing your self"
  4. O

Who's using pinch flat protection

I did the same thing to my minion SS last year. I managed to repair it and it was fine for another 6 months until the tread wore out. A few drops of thin CA while squeezing it open and a piece of gaffer tape behind it. Hit it with some kicker while closing the gap as tight as possible and...
  5. O

Lame claims to fame and shame.

All the time at work. I get called out by name for thanks by plenty of big name artists/celebrities at live shows. Also plenty of "celebrities" for whom I go "who are you again?" Also lots of things I refuse to admit to.
  6. O

All Mountain Tyres

Yeah it's a skinny 2.3 for sure.
  7. O

All Mountain Tyres

First ride with the aggressor on the rear yesterday. Certainly took a little getting used to after having the minion SS on the back for a good year now. Once I got past not having those minion side knobs, and having to rip the rear brake to lock it up things got great fast. This thing...
  8. O

I gave myself a stans shower while prying a well seated minion SS off. It was... sticky. Replaced it with and aggressor and went for a ride. Much more betterer tyre for loose, rocky adelaide trails.
  9. O

Confessions from the fuckwits

Running late for work this morning, grabbed shoes; instantly remembered there was a screw missing from one of the Spd plates. Sheeeet. So I did the obvious thing and decided to change the pedals to flats... with a drill + hex bit. First one was a 2 second success, the second one I did from...
  10. O

Went for a boys weekend up at Melrose, smashed some PB's
  11. O

WTB: 26" QR Front, Front Hydro, 9-speed Triple

Not very; that was what was on there, but a 42 is close enough.
  12. O

Dear Santa............

Box o'clean clean up you filthy bugger!
  13. O

WTB: 26" QR Front, Front Hydro, 9-speed Triple

Attempting to rebuild my old specialized FSR-XC so i'm after some older parts Item: 26" front wheel with QR, prefer something XC-esq Location: Adelaide, SA Item Condition: Good Please Price and price conditions: Doesn't need to be anything too fancy Item: Front hydro, preferably shimano or...
  14. O

All Mountain Tyres

Currently tossing up between keeping my 2.3 HR2 on the front, or swapping it for something a little meatier like a DHR2, MM or HD. The trails here in Radelaide get fairly hard-pact with areas that seemingly have marbles over hard clay. Thoughts? Definitely keen to throw a aggressor...
  15. O

Went looking for a cheapish roadie for commuting, and getting my fix once parks start closing on hot days. Rang my dad to get his 5c on the ones I was looking at, got a reply of "they are all shit; don't bother, just take my spare bike and I'll upgrade." Carbon azzuri, with 2 wheel sets for...