Recent content by peej

1. P

VIC Southern Exposure Surfcoast 100

what he said ? I didn't see too many photogs out on course, but would be interested if there are any available such as in previous years
  2. P

Mt Buller- Autumn 2012

I have been meaning to get up there on a road trip all summer, now that summer is technically over, I'm wondering if I've missed the boat. My mates and I were thinking of going a week or two after easter, does anyone know if you will still be able to ride up there weather permitting of course...
  3. P

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

This was my 3rd year of doing the 50k, and I was in the 2nd group that went up the Thompson's track loop. My mates & I reckon even though it was a mistake this was a better option. I just love that single track descent even if it means walking up the 'sledgy'. The 2nd group of the 50k was larger...
  4. P

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

50km entry Ive done the 50k shorty for the last few years, and this year was concentrating more on the Alpine Classic 130k, which I happily completed. Anyways the lure of an event in Forrest was just too great once again, as I heard that they had released some more entries for the 50k event...
  5. P

Two lights? Or is one enough?

Slightly OT, but I've just ordered a magicshine 900 lumens (for the helmet) and a flood to through zooming cree p4 off deal extreame. I'm assuming that the charger will be US style two pins, I'm assuming that I'll be able to use a universal travel adapter to charge this up. What have others...
  6. P

2011 an Otway Odyssey

50K rider too - This was my 2nd 50k Shorty, and I was much more prepared than last year. This year when I crossed the line I was able to eat food and hold a conversation which was more than I could do last year. I was just over 4.30hrs, as I came in just after Jason English (but he'd done 50k...
  7. P

2011 an Otway Odyssey

On Saturday I rode both Southern & Yaugher trails which were in great nick considering the rain that fell (or didn't in Forrest's case) on Friday night. I noted that there were a few trees down on the course, unfortunately I can't recall all of them, although there was a pretty big one down at...
  8. P

Dirtworks 100 track & weather conditions

I saw the wombat too and thought to myself, well it is called the Wombat State Forest....
  9. P

Dirtworks 100 track & weather conditions

I agree with this too, I'm not too fussed about the race pack but it would have been nice to know about the 56km bit as I know a few people were pushing themselves for that last 1 or 2k's that became 7 or 8 k's I must say fantastic single track in that area I'd love to go back there another...
  10. P

buller and forrest: trail conditions

well I went down to Forrest this morning and was rewarded as usual. I took Rolands advice and took track 6 real easy as it was slippery in some sections. Although the trail has held up really well. Actually number 4 was worse than with some decent ruts and puddles. i also stopped for a beer...
  11. P

buller and forrest: trail conditions

Mmmm beer, easy to be distracted....was thinking of heading to Forrest for a ride today/tomorrow (depending how long the leave pass is for !) maybe a blast on 4, 5 & 6 then onto a marriners loop at Yaugher. Is anyone able to report on the state of the trails after all this rain ?
  12. P

DT Swiss X1900 Mtb Wheelset Thoughts?

Did you end up getting these ? I'm in a similar boat at moment looking at these wheels for the price and I'm trying to find a reason why I wouldn't buy them.
  13. P

Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

I went out today, rode from iron bark basin through to Angelsea on an assortment of trails. There were a few sections where there was still water at the bottom of the little valleys but considering the rain fall over the past few days, it has held up quite well. With a few sunny days this week...
  14. P

Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

I was out there a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly good for the amount of rain we have had. I plan to head out tomorrow. I will report back on the conditions. :)
  15. P

Halls Gap Trails ?

thanks for the advice guys...doesn't sound that thrilling, I may do a couple of day trips in the car and see what I can find. Otherwise I might just see what the access roads are like to atleast keep the training going.