Recent content by sikpuppyonglory

1. sikpuppyonglory

26inch wheels in 27.5inch size frames

thanks for some of the feedback guys, have recently read that Transition Bikes tr500 is compatible with both wheel diameters also, like I said it is what the consumer wants to buy, not what the manufacturer wants to make you buy, just be a shame if most mainstream bike manufacturers don't keep...
  2. sikpuppyonglory

I think with all the latest gadgets and attachments that have been made for mountainbiking, eg: adjustable headcups and adjustable bottom brackets, better suspension, more gears "still wondering why we have now made it to the 11 single gear setup, surely this would create a flimsy rear wheel due...
  3. sikpuppyonglory

from what I could possibly work out with front sus, is all they would mainly use a longer internal stroke, I believe the stanchions themselves wouldn't change in length, but would run a slightly longer casted arch & lowers, thing is though, if you did run 26inch in 27.5inch frame, would that end...
  4. sikpuppyonglory

So, what would stop me if I was to buy a new model downhill bike running the 27.5inch geometry & turn around and slap in 26inch wheels, because I don't want to or feel the need to run a larger diameter wheel & if I did, I could always slap my 700cc roadie wheelset in, just because I can. As a...
  5. sikpuppyonglory

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

will now have to google it to remember the plot & the other main character, lol.
  6. sikpuppyonglory

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

bryan brown & what's his name???( played batman's butler ) movie something about something then using the special effects & makeup in movies to clear their names of some supposed wrong doing..... sorry bit vague I know, but haven't seen these movies in such a long time ;p
  7. sikpuppyonglory

Yup boys n E shredders

toodles, gamble me a verdict.... so thoughts, pro's and con's of the Gambler Please :noidea:
  8. sikpuppyonglory

2014 Parts/Bikes Thread

Yep, gonna buy me a set of Oral B/shimano teeth cleaners for sure..................... NOT
  9. sikpuppyonglory

Downhill maintenance

P.S. If the shocks are new, really why would you need them serviced so soon????? but if bike and suspension is 2nd hand, then fair enough, spend the money to lube & get new seals:thumb:
  10. sikpuppyonglory

Downhill maintenance

If you bought the Norco 2nd hand, then yes $200 seems legit, but if you bought it brand spankers new from the shop then no, as most shops that I'm aware of on a new bike do a quick re-tune and re-tension after a couple of weeks for nothing, unless you completely destroy something on your bike...
  11. sikpuppyonglory

Yup boys n E shredders

latte sipping racer boys....... Sorry bud, forgot spandex was all the rage once again....... Lol.
  12. sikpuppyonglory

Yup boys n E shredders

put yo glasses on nig 11.15pm to 1.22am is what Ze bull channel was quoting for live feeds luv. but yes alcoholic consumption will happen :kiss:
  13. sikpuppyonglory

Bloody roadies; a mountain bikers perspective

Nice read there Dozer, Pro's to riding a roadie: 1. cruising along at 50 kph on the highway, 4 semi's go past you doing 100 kph, your speed increases to 85, maybe 90 kph for a short period of time :rockon: 2. hella easy to bunny hop at 70+ kph when you realize a cattlegrid is right in front...
  14. sikpuppyonglory

Earning an overnight stay at Geelong Hospital, care of Turbulence - You Yangs

wait until you break a ti fork spring & punch a 7metre gap, nearly ends real bad........... nosepick to harsh 50/50 landing is sweeter than honey, anyday of the week. lol.
  15. sikpuppyonglory

Earning an overnight stay at Geelong Hospital, care of Turbulence - You Yangs

Yep, the old glory's can take an absolute beating & keep going that's for sure, good to see you were not seriously hurt though bud.