slimjim1's latest activity

• S
    slimjim1 reacted to Cardy George's post in the thread Little Things You Hate with Like.
    Mezcal 1, tyre lever 0 Well, it took 20 or so years, so I can't complain
  • S
    slimjim1 reacted to Scotty T's post in the thread E-line the new French-line? with Like.
    The e-lines and French lines are getting silly at Stromlo. I want to go around in a quad with a trailer of big rocks and fix them all...
  • S
    Mogo was fantastic. Lots of good trails but mainly XC oriented (some more enduro type of trails if you knew where to look). Woodburn...
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread Shortest 150mm dropper?.
    The Rainier is a good post, ultra reliable, unaffected by cold weather etc, and it's ridiculously easy to service as well. I just find...
  • S
    Interested...miss my old Manic post.
  • S
    I'm in ACT and have a 150mm PNW Rainier I'd happily swap for the X fusion if the PNW is shorter (no idea whether it is or not).
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread All Mountain Tyres.
    I've run both Wild AM front/Wild AM rear and Wild AM front/Force AM rear. The bike is definetely slower on the double Wild setup, not...
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread Fire Warnings.
    Mogo has been decimated...the town, the trails...thankfully they managed to save the zoo.
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread All Mountain Tyres.
    This is my goldilocks tyre...If I had to choose one tyre from here on, this is it.
  • S
    slimjim1 reacted to Hipstar's post in the thread All Mountain Tyres with Like.
    Tried the Michelin Wild AM on the Intense. On dry dusty crap, my god do they hold on. Roll awesome too. Sent from my SM-G977B using...
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread 27.5 is dead.
    I've been riding a few 'superboost' 157mm bikes (I actually bought one). There's literally no downside to 157mm...Boost148 is something...
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread Pushy’s Sydney Store?.
    Indeed
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread 27.5 is dead.
    Agreed, 27.5 was a way for companies to obsolete 26 without putting in the effort developing half decent 29ers (Giant). 26 and 29 are...
  • S
    slimjim1 reacted to LPG's post in the thread 27.5 is dead with Like.
    Nothing wrong with 27.5 as such but once you have 2 relevant wheel sizes it seemed pretty ridiculous to add a third. There really isn't...
  • S
    slimjim1 replied to the thread 2020 Norco Optic C1.
    The Manic has been the best post I've owned (several command posts, fox transfer, pnw rainier). Even better when I matched it up to the...