Recent content by smegoal

1. S

Wtb 24/26 small dual frame/bike

Hi Item full name and model etc.24/26 small dual frame/bike Location (cairns will ship) Item condition description I have just done up a bighit Grom for one of my kids Problem is I have 4 the big kids can fit my bikes. But bubbles will need a dh bike of her own. I really only want a frame...
  2. S

yari damper upgrades

I would prioritise the damper over the coil as the yari's old damper lacks any useful compression damping. And if you go to a coil you will have a less adjustable fork then you have now (no tokens or pumping the pressure up) which still has almost no useful adjustment for compression. I think...
  3. S

yari damper upgrades

I went and did repeats of a rough fast section of track this morning. It starts with a S bend on a moderate decline covered with roots. Into a loose dusty berm then a drop, landing onto a down slope with lots of roots and rocks. A fast straight section with lots of chatter then flattens off and...
  4. S

yari damper upgrades

Haven't tried the debonair but one plus with it is if your fork/frame can take a extra 10mm of travel at the front. Just order the deborn air with the longer airshafe. Easiest way to tell, if your fork has 2 scale for sag mine has 150 and 160. So I could have put a 160 air shaft in. Norco design...
  5. S

yari damper upgrades

The fast damper is very easy to install $ 391 for self install. Undo allen key take noob off, undo damper remove, tip out old oil put new in measure from crown oil height, put new damper in. done. If you already have a charger damper I see no reason to change it for the fast yari up and one...
  6. S

yari damper upgrades

I rode down the roughest track I do regularly and it was a big improvement. In the middle section (2 fast point and shoot straights with roots and drops everywhere) I felt a lot more comfortable and quickly found I could let off the brakes and lean back and let the bike do it. After that I was...
  7. S

yari damper upgrades

I got the Luftkappe on friday and took the family out for a ride on sat and did not feel any real difference. Then on sunday I went out on my own it felt better the rougher and faster it was. Very happy with it for 90 $ fork feels much smoother at the top. It also did not feel like it was diving...
  8. S

yari damper upgrades

Hi I have been looking at upgrading the damper in my yari (norco sight). There is one track which after I ride (if I haven't been there for a bit) I always start thinking my fork must be due for a service. I think it's just rough enough to show up the poor damper in the yari where every other...
  9. S

stacking post mount brakets

Cheers one new bracket ordered
  10. S

stacking post mount brakets

I think I've stuffed up I ordered a 203 rotor for the front of my 2017 sight it currently has a 180 rotor with a bracket. So i ordered a 180 to 203 bracket instead of a 160 to 203 bracket. My question is can I stack the new bracket on top of the old one or should I just order the right one. Cheers
  11. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New bearings in the bottom bracket, new pads front (first set of metal pads) 2nd hand set of pads in the back (had been contaminated but soaked in metho for a month so will see how they go. Greased front and rear wheel bearings my 7 year old cleaned the cassette for me and a little bit of oil in...
  12. S

Hi all from cairns

champs were a big hit all my kids loved it. Great way to spend a week end.
  13. S

Hi all from cairns

I have been riding for about a year starting of with 2 afternoons a week doing laps of smith-field and a family ride most week ends. But since trying some of the tracks that come down from copperload I am finding I rarely go all the way out to smith-field when I'm not with the family. I'm...