Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
http://instagr.am/p/CEWPHmPHlsY/ So i posted this a little while back, but hadnt fully comprehended how it worked.
How's this any different from a slower engaging hub? Has it just gone full circle?
The only difference is even a very low POE hub might engage quickly depending where it is in it's rotation. This is always ready to move.

It might have some benefit with chain slap forces, but yeah. I can't see much sense for most of ours trails. Euro alps for a bit of fatigue reduction maybe...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
http://instagr.am/p/CEWPHmPHlsY/ So i posted this a little while back, but hadnt fully comprehended how it worked.
How's this any different from a slower engaging hub? Has it just gone full circle?
I don't understand...what benefit is supposed to come from allowing that kind of free play in the crank?
Nothing like a low POE hub. POE only changes the play when changing from coasting to pedalling.

This is supposed to reduce the tug on the crank that results from chain growth from suspension movement. The kickback pulls the chainring rather than the whole crank, taking that loading off your legs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well now I have to ask, does this deliver an actual benefit? Or is it another solution to a problem the doesn't really exist? Sounds like shit to me, but my pedalling knowledge is very limited.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with both :)

As duck said it is designed to stop pedal kick caused by the freehub due to suspension movement.
But as Zaf said it will only be 'if' the suspension movement is fast and hard enough to engage the hub while still rolling forward. Less points of engagement would slightly overcome this than a high POG hub.

So basically it would only be effective on a large hit at very slow speed. Maybe slightly more effective on a high pog hub.

Regardless, I think it is a waste of time and money.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I regularly go over 12km/hr on my bike which is the speed kickback is not noticable (if my memory is working that well) on my frame according to Pinkbike's by the numbers frame geo series.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
98% of riders, burners excluded, adjust the rebound knob once and consider it done.

Like wise, it’s why dual air while VASTLY superior, was dumped, and gave birth to the gazzion variants of messing with solo air via vorsprung, debonair rebirths, etc, etc.