The QUICK question thread.....

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Does "tropical strength" bug repellant only work for tropical bugs? 'Cos the temperate-region bugs where I am are ignoring it. Sounds like 100 Chris King hubs whizzing around my head. :mad:
They whizz, but do they land? Tropical strength generally = DEET = no bites = carcinogen. Good shit.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Did a bike service and chain was pretty gone. Was a surprise to me, but in fairness lost count of when this particular chain went on. Could be a fair bit, could be short. Anyway cassette is about 300kms old, but the NW has been on there for a while. Took a look and compared it to a almost new 34t road compact chainset and is it just me or it the NW due for replacement? It's only gone through one cassette.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Did a bike service and chain was pretty gone. Was a surprise to me, but in fairness lost count of when this particular chain went on. Could be a fair bit, could be short. Anyway cassette is about 300kms old, but the NW has been on there for a while. Took a look and compared it to a almost new 34t road compact chainset and is it just me or it the NW due for replacement? It's only gone through one cassette.

View attachment 371095
I find a cassette (well the sram steel ones) outlast two NW chainrings.

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 371095
Is it noisy with the new chain, if not just keep riding it ?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I find a cassette (well the sram steel ones) outlast two NW chainrings.
Funny you say that. I had the bottom of the line sram cassette that chewed through an entire freewheel body but itself - went through about 4 chains by the time I took it off. Looked mint when I took it off but the individual sprockets was a deal breaker for me - freehub bodies aren't cheap.

Looks like new NW chainring it is then.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Hey all, do I need to use these joiners when putting on a different rotor (Shimano RT 66 203MM)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I hate it when my rotor bolts loosen. I wish there was a cure for that, other than those ludicrous metal shim things.