The QUICK question thread.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
As per previous discussions, a lot of folk only run a 180mm rotor on the rear of their hardtails (myself included). Some brakes with more modulation (like SRAM or Hopes) you might get away with a 203mm, but it's still a lot.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
As per previous discussions, a lot of folk only run a 180mm rotor on the rear of their hardtails (myself included). Some brakes with more modulation (like SRAM or Hopes) you might get away with a 203mm, but it's still a lot.
I was talking to some people that run 160mm on the rear so they don't launch forward when modulating a manual, I was curious to see if this was a common thing for riders to do. I'm definitely going to be running a 203mm on the front!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I still always giggle when people confuse SRAM lack of power with modulation. :p
Hopes are not a lot better in that regard. Do love being able to get a feather-touch out of 'em though without feeling like I've dropped anchor.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it possible to just buy a brake lever/blade? Manged to bend one of mine today (Code RSC) and really don't want to have to fork over heaps of $$ to replace everything...