Search results

1. CanCer

STOLEN Specialized Langster - SS, Flat Bars, Perth

Hey guys, Came outside this morning to jump on my road bike and go to work and it's gone -_- Was there when I left for work yesterday morning, so it's been nabbed between yesterday morning and the wee hours of this morning. Was taken from Dianella in Perth, Western Australia. Pics of...
  2. CanCer

General Perth Riding Talk

Doesn't seem to be another general thread for talking about being on your bike so I'm making one =P Went out Friday night for 4-5 hours in the city, ended up at Burswood skate park, the end bowl down there is absurd, I think I died about four times before we left. Then to Goat Farm yesterday...
  3. CanCer

Mace Gear - Who in Aus sells it? Online or LBS in WA.

Item: Mace Gear - Specifically gloves Location: Online or in WA Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever it costs Extra Info: So I've emailed the distro listed on the Mace site a couple of times with no reply, trawled all of the Aus online bike stores I could find, no joy. The only place I...
  4. CanCer

Mace gear

Way back when I was riding a lot I had a heap of Mace gear for downhill, that has since been borrowed and lost or grown legs and walked, and I want to get some of the gear back again. So I'm looking for people who have the following, prefferably new or newish condition, or someone who knows a...
  5. CanCer

The last couple of years, condensed

Alright. I've been away for far too long, looking at my profile it's been a little over 2 years since I posted or was on here at all, so now that I'm getting back into what I used to spend my entire week doing, I need to catch up, and fast. So, I want people to give a run down of the most...
  6. CanCer

CBD antics - Part II

**If you haven't read the thread, its here** Alright everyone, I'm one of the other guys going with spicer spicer to Perth, and we've got enough time to do anything, but we can't decide what to do first. So........ You're going to help us. Idea that gets the most votes wins. Then we'll...
  7. CanCer

Mirrors - A Reflection?

Siting here writing my speach for school, I've decided to offer it up for constructive criticism to the only group of people within whom I feel i belong, a group of faceless usernames on the net :o So here it is, my speach entitled Mirrors. A Reflection. It is copyrighted to me too, just...
  8. CanCer

AFI Jackets

Does anyone know if it's possible to get jackets that are the same or similar to the one's Davey Havoc and band are wearing in the Miss Murder filmclip? With the press studs all along the right shoulder... I want one for a party at the end of the year, I know it'll be expensive(sp) but it'd...
  9. CanCer

WA mountainbike park - Theory only so far... Hopefully evolving into more however...

How likely do people think it would be for a council/capitial city board/whatever to give money/assitance towards building a proper riding 'park"? There was a thread in General Discussion a little while ago (http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=926&highlight=WA+left+out) that was a...
  10. CanCer

SRAM X.7 Rear mech and shifter

What: SRAM X.7 rear deuralliar and x.7 shifter Price range/Willing to Pay: $60-$75 for the pair Location: Perth, WA Extra Info: Would rather get the two as a pair...
  11. CanCer

Lean on wallrides(*banks*)

Has anyone had success with building northshore-esque wallrides? Something like this one here : I'm thinking of making one at the bottom of a 4x style track i'm building at my mates place, in order to aid withturning, and in the place of a berm, which would be hard to build given the...
  12. CanCer

Round or flat slats

I'm planning to spend this weekend building random things in my mates backyard, and hopefully i'm going to start some northshore/trials lovechild stuff there, as it's really the only thing the areas good for. Thinking about putting the slats on for riding, would it be alright with half log style...
  13. CanCer

Mace SWAT Jacket & Urbans

What: Mace SWAT Jacket Price range/Willing to Pay: Around $100 probably, the lower you go the happier i get... Location: Perth/Bunbury, WA Extra Info: Umm none really, preferably medium, but not too sure right now What: Mace Urabn Knee/Shin/Arms Price range/Willing to Pay: $30 for arms...
  14. CanCer

Force distribution...

Does anyone know of any engineering/geometry/physics stuff that you could use to work out where the force is applied while riding on northshore? The kind of stuff that could be used to work out high stress areas and areas you need more support etc.? And where to put the nails and things...
  15. CanCer

Suppress and regress?

Recently, as in the last couple of months, i've been through a whole lot of bad times while with a now ex girlfriend... things such as: -Saving her from suicide, three times -Being blamed for keeping her alive -Trying to help her get over rape -Protecting her from her peadophile father...
  16. CanCer

Changing soil to be more workable?

Recently some land's opened up at my mates house (all the sheep died so now we've got a nice big empty padock), and we've convinced his parents to let us turn it into a jump/4x/random stuff track. However we're faced with a big problem. The dirt thats in the area is just crappy sand, with...
  17. CanCer

Seat strengthening

Recently while doing some DH riding on my XC bike i've somehow bent the seat to what can only be called a perfect curve, which i should be quite proud of, except for the fact that it mans that any time i ride i slide off the back and onto the rear tyre. If i can get it back into shape, and...
  18. CanCer

Photoshop: Teach Me?

Hey guys Through browsing the pages off and on the last few days I've been seeing a large number of photoshopped images, of things suach as bikes with new colour schemes and the like. (For example, here, the third post down) Can anyone who knows how to do this, and has some spare time...
  19. CanCer

atomlab stem, HALO wheels

What: Atomlab General Issue stem (any length) Price range/Willing to Pay: around 30-40 bucks Location: Bunbury, WA Extra Info: umm..... don't mind about postage? What: HALO 26" wheels Price range/Willing to Pay: 80-90 each, mayb a little more Location: Bunbury, WA Extra Info: looking...
  20. CanCer

Filmmaking warning noises?

hey i was wondering what things riders have come across in DH racing that people who are filming/photograohing have used to comunicate the fact there's a rider comming what works and what doesn't... cause in my eyes there'd be nothing wose than havin a great run down, hearing "Rider!"...