Search results

1. alpinestar12

30.9 seatpost

Item: 30.9 seatpost, pref. black, not super short Location: I'm in Bris, but will pay postage if you're willing to send. Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $100 for the right post Extra Info: I actually want two posts, one pretty cheap and one high quality. Show me what you have and I'll...
  2. alpinestar12

VP-Freeing

Here's my Downhill/whatever bike: VP-Free, Large, Anodized Slate DHX 4.0, 8.5 by 2.5 for lower BB and slacker HA Boxxer Team 721/Pro 2 with DT Competition XT Drivetrain Saint Brakes and a few other parts... It's very smooth, much more so than the old Coiler! Cheers
  3. alpinestar12

Boxxer bushings

My boxxer bushings have a 'join' in the coating on them - they are smooth for most of the way around, but have a slightly rough vertical line. Is this normal?
  4. alpinestar12

Snow Season 2008

So who is planning to hit the white stuff on the slopes this winter? I'm at my mate's house, we're gonna book Queenstown for July very soon. 5 days on the snow, 2 free days, flying direct to Queenstown there, through auckland on the way back. Can't wait.
  5. alpinestar12

no 2009 sunday?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=376911
  6. alpinestar12

Cheques?

Well I was supposed to recieve a cheque for a decent sum of money a little while ago, but I never recieved it. The people who were supposed to send it said they did, and I trust them at that. So my cheque has gone missing, either on the way here, or between the letterbox and me (which is quite...
  7. alpinestar12

large frame

Hey guys. I'm looking for a new frame for my XC/commuter bike. I found a 22" norco frame in a bike shop, it has around a 615mm top tube. I am 187cm or so. Do you think it would be too big for me?
  8. alpinestar12

Mavic D321 and Avid Rollamajig

What:Mavic D321 or 729, dark grey, 32 hole Price range/Willing to Pay: up to around $50 Location: I'm in bris, will pay for postage Extra Info: must be dark grey andodized. What: Avid Rollamajig or simmilar cable router Price range/Willing to Pay: a little Location: as above Extra...
  9. alpinestar12

Mavic

And my template is where?
  10. alpinestar12

Single Pivot Placement

would like some information comparing the different single pivot placements. There are low pivots, just near the bottom bracket, eg. Kona, Rocky Mountain, new Turners and such. Then there are high foward pivots, eg. Cannondale, Yeti ASX, Ellsworth Joker etc. How do they compare in aspects...
  11. alpinestar12

Megadeth song

looking to download a song but I don't know what it's called. It's by megadeth and it has a speaking intro, something like: "Sentence you to life imprisonment with no possibility of parole" "what do you mean life? I ain't go no life" could someone please tell me the title of this...
  12. alpinestar12

Nike Air Whistler's in QLD?

Has anybody seen these shoes in QLD? I would like a look and a try of these shoes.
  13. alpinestar12

Mah Coilah - EXTREMELY UPDATED!!!

I've been riding this bike for just over 3 years now. Frame: 2004 Kona Coiler with 5" travel, Large 18". Shock: Fox Vanilla R Fork: 2004 Z150 Freeride, Thanks Leitch! Headset: FSA XLII cartridge Front Wheel: Mavic 321 laced to an unbranded black 20mm hub, Thanks Junior! Rear Wheel...
  14. alpinestar12

Cheap Thrills

OK, we've had a Simple Pleasures thread, now I thought we could have a Cheap Thrills thread. I was driving home on a country road tonight. The sky was overcast and dark, and there were no other lights or cars around. On a straight bit of road that goes down a hill and up another hill, I...
  15. alpinestar12

Chain reaction down?

I have tired chainreactioncycles.com yesterday and today and It hasn't been working for me. Just me? Or is their site down?
  16. alpinestar12

24t chainring and 36t bashring

What:A 24t chainring and a 36t or 38t bashring, both to suit 4 bolt/104 bcd cranks. Price range/Willing to Pay: up to 30 for chainring and 40 for bashring Location:Brisbane
  17. alpinestar12

large XC frame

What: looking for a large XC frame, alumininium or steel. Must be large, maybe XL. Location: Preferably Brisbane. Willing to pay: up to $300
  18. alpinestar12

creaking headset

hey, I recently installed new forks and a new headset on my bike. forks are Marzocchi Z150's and the headset is a FSA XLII cartridge. It didn't creak for a while bit then it started creaking. I have regreased it twice and it didn't change anything. Any suggestions? Do I need to run grease...
  19. alpinestar12

hayes pad wear and pistons

Well I've been getting uneven pad wear on my rear HFX nine for quite a while. I got new pads and a new rotor at the start of this year. Now one pad is down to metal on one side, the trailing edge, and has about one mm of pad on the other side. I have been trying to get my caliper aligned for...
  20. alpinestar12

SOLD >> Stinky Dee-Lux 2004

Item: Kona Stinky Dee-Lux Frame: Kona Stinky Dee-Lux 2004 in Green, 17" Shock: Fox Vanilla RC, serviced recently Forks: Marzocchi Junior T, badly scratched stanctions Front wheel: Mavic EX 721, straight gauge spokes, unbranded (possibly formula) 20mm hub, Nokian 2.3 Rear Wheel: Dice...