Search results

1. R

GST and customs

Hi has anyone ever brought in anything from over seas via courier? I know goods under $400 will pass thru tax free, but what if the item coming thru is a personal item such as a camera? not bought brand new? will i still get taxed for it? its a camera i got last yr but left it back home in...
  2. R

digital still camera....which one?

Hi all i'm in the market for a digital camera and have narrowed my choices down to these 2....... Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 Canon Powershot S1 IS now i know canon is one of the leaders when it comes to camera and optics, and their range of accesories are wider, but the S1 IS doesn't accept...
  3. R

04 saint/xt/xtr disc brake calipers

quick question here......are there any differences in these 3 brake calipers besides the weight difference? what i know at the moment is they are all 2 piston, one-piece alloy calipers and look virtually the same........with the xtr one looking a bit slimmer, but the saint and xt models look...
  4. R

learning Trials

ok being really shit at DJs i'm attributing that to my lack of bike handling skills.....so to help me with that i wanna learn some basic trials to help me become more at one with the bike........are there any riders here who are just venturing into trials? this whole forum seems to be choc full...
  5. R

Beginner trails

hi all i'm looking for some easy xc trails easily accisible by train......i'll be riding single speed and will be bringing some girls who are virgin xc'ers......any suggestions??
  6. R

Shiver SC questions...

i just did a bit of a search and found out that in 04, they reduced the travel from 120mm to 100mm... anyone knows why? i'm not too versed with all its terms like HSCV and ETA... if you were a rider who does lots of street, lil dirt jump, and dual crown cuz its a bit restrictive for dirt jumping...
  7. R

Folk, Rhythm & Life

Hey all, just got back from FRL off Eldorado, man that was one huge weekend of music, booze and good weather... Anyone here went as well? I was part of the film crew covering the party...
  8. R

cromo and rust

righty my gimp is finally in and is being built up as i'm typing this.... anyway its my first cromo bike since the 80's and i've forgotten how to care for it.....is there anyway to hold of rust and corrosion as long as possible? i know i'll be keeping it nice and lubed and making sure muck...
  9. R

looking for a good car mech located in melb...

hi all i've just bought a car and need to have the gearbox looked at by someone who knows whats he/she's doing.... anyone knows any good honest mechs who will give me straight answers to my questions? also anyone knows roughly how much a tranny rebuilt will cost? cheers
  10. R

04 marz forks

hi all, anyone know when the 04 marz forks will be in stores? was thinking of getting some drop-offs or jr t's.....also anyone know what price range they will be in?
  11. R

24" Tyres

Righty'O i've gotten myself into a sorta dilemma here.....i just purchased a 24" wheel with the idea of fitting in a gazza jr 24x2.7 tire into it.....a quick phone call later and i find out that no one is bringing in the gazza's anymore!! all they have is whats currently in the store which is...
  12. R

tire clearance and choice

Anyone knows whats the largest tire i could fit into a kona roast? will a 24x3 kujo fit in it?? what are some beefy 24" tires that are out there? i came across a website a while back but i can't remember the address. it the actual size of tires when inflated compared to the stated...
  13. R

Tire clearance for Kona Roast

Anyone knows whats the largest tire i could fit into a kona roast? will a 24x3 kujo fit in it?? what are some beefy 24" tires that are out there? i came across a website a while back but i can't remember the address. it the actual size of tires when inflated compared to the stated...
  14. R

24" wheel price and where to build?

Hi all i've finally buggered my rear deore hub laced to a ditchwitch just doing just normal street and some real wussy jumps...........i'm looking to build up a stronger rear wheel........haven't got a budget yet as i dunno how much these things cost...........i've been looking at the alex DX32...
  15. R

Help on Car rego...

Hi all, i'm about to purchase a really old car with a reconditioned engine. I know shit about what to do so here are my questions and hopefully some of you'll know what to do... How do i go about transferring the ownership of the car to myself? The rego on the car has expired, how do i get...
  16. R

Frame only for under 1k

Hi all i've just started dirt jumping and street and i wanna get a frame thats more suited to my riding. with a budget of 1k what are your suggestions in regards to which frames i should be looking at?? i preferrably want something which will allow me to fit in a 24"x3" tire in the...