Search results

1. Specialized Freerider

Choice of Hubs

I'm getting a better idea now, thanks. It's just that hubs are one of those parts where it is quite hard to really test ride a number of them. With parts such as forks you can really narrow your choices down and try a few out. My current ones are good and as I have always said that until...
  2. Specialized Freerider

Choice of Hubs

Sunn ringle - loud??
  3. Specialized Freerider

Choice of Hubs

Im about to build up new wheels for my Demo 8 and just need some help. I have run Mavics 721 on the Specialized hubs getting on a couple years now. Im going to buy the Mavic 721 again as they are reliable and strong as hell. on to the hubs. Hubs are the one part that really I have not that much...
  4. Specialized Freerider

Maxxis Minion PSI

40.... That was very high! Thought of meeting somewhere in the middle?:D
  5. Specialized Freerider

Maxxis Minion PSI

Alright, just covering their arses.
  6. Specialized Freerider

Maxxis Minion PSI

Sorry guys I mean't HIGH not LOW! What Im wondering is why is the PSI rating go from 35-65 when we all run them at low 20's? It's not a big deal just wondering.
  7. Specialized Freerider

Maxxis Minion PSI

On my minions it has a PSI pressure of between 35 and 65 PSI. Why is it so high - 35!? Anyone know? Thanks
  8. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I went and got some for brake fluid are re-bled both ends while watching the video. It worked really well and the end result was great! The Avid bleeding manual I found to be not detailed enough as I found a number of points the video brought out that the manual did not. Thanks guys.
  9. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

Both sides of the pads through out the entire rotation. Also when bleeding which way should the pad dial be adjustment be turned? Thanks
  10. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I used the avid bleed blocks supplied. I just would have thought that the blocks would have kept the pistons back at the right distance so it would work? And also if the pad adjustment knob does not move the pistons whats the diference between it and the lever adjustment?
  11. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I tried it however there is still rubbing. You can only push the pistons back in so far as well. I don't know!?
  12. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

Thanks for the help, I will give it a go. Now another quick question, I know how the pad and lever adjustments work!, however Im just wondering how others adjust theirs? I mean in what order, do you first adjust the pads then the lever or the other way around?
  13. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I don't think I did because as soon as I took the bleeding block out I put the wheel back on.
  14. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I have just bled both my front and rear Juicy 7's, I replaced the rear pads however the fronts were still very good so I put them back in. When I put the wheels back on the pads were rubbing even though I backed off the pad contact adjustment. I've read through the manual and can't find...
  15. Specialized Freerider

WA Designs for MTB dirt jumps

Mate, this is a funny one. There is no perfect jump, all are different and have their own uniquness. What I can sugest is to sketch up a few of your own ideas, then try them out. Also your the best one that knows the area that you have to deal with - adapt them to landscape.
  16. Specialized Freerider

Fox40 axle

Lighter then the original 40 axle? There already super light, interested in your improvements though.
  17. Specialized Freerider

Brake Pad Change

Thanks for that, we'll see how it goes.
  18. Specialized Freerider

Brake Pad Change

Just wondering if most guys replace your brake pads when you bleed you brakes even if they are not completely worn out? Or do you just replace them when they need to be replaced? Also is there anything different between Avid's dot 5.1 and other brands?
  19. Specialized Freerider

MTB Magazines

I really dont think AMB has much DH in it at all.
  20. Specialized Freerider

Rotorburn, the new Farkin

Mate thats great! The name was getting to me and it was as you said can sometimes be awkward. Thanks