Search results

1. H

Travelling with a DH bike

Heading overseas with my dh bike. What are peoples opinions on removing the forks when packing it in a bike bag? Guess the main reason Im asking is being dual crown forks they're a bit more annoying to remove than single crown.
  2. H

VIC Withdrawn from sale - please delete

Took it for a ride today, too much fun to part ways with it. Sorry peoples.
  3. H

chain length question

i've got a banshee rune and looking at switching to a 34t up front. the rear cassette is a 11-36. the chainstay length is Low - 437mm (17.2") / Neutral - 434mm (17.1") / High - 430mm (16.9"). my derailleur cage length is mid. how do i pick the right chain length?
  4. H

VIC please remove

forks and wheels sold, now selling frame (will put in appropriate thread)
  5. H

VIC (VIC) 2015 Giant Revolt 2 large SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

item 2015 Giant Revolt 2 large frame price SOLD PENDING PAYMENT location northcote/ringwood/tecoma, vic. reason for selling don't use anymore/gone back to mountain bike for commuting. details of bike can be found here - https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/model/revolt.2/19009/76723/...
  6. H

sold

sold sold sold
  7. H

[VIC] Cane Creek Double Barrel Air - SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Item: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air (267 mm x 90 mm (10.5 in x 3.5 in)) Location: Belgrave, Victoria 3160 Item Condition: As new - never been used Reason for selling: Not needed. Bought on a whim thinking I'd get around to using it, happy with titanium spring on my current shock...
  8. H

Canyon bikes coming to Aus

Bored at work and stumbled on this small article - http://www.bikeradar.com/au/news/article/canyon-bicycles-coming-to-australia-43803/ Definitely looking forward to this happening, the Torque DHX and Strive have been on my 'must ride' list for a while.
  9. H

(bit of a noob) question about cranks

I was lucky enough to get a RaceFace SixC 170mm crankset recently as a gift. Currently have a Scott Gambler with a Shimano Zee crank and was thinking of replacing that with the SixC. The zee uses a pressfit bb. Do I need any special bb fitting to use the SixC with the pressfit bb?
  10. H

riding with altitude masks?

seen a fair few people at my local gym training with altitude masks on. anyone had any experience with them or used one whilst riding?
  11. H

BC Bike Race?

Just watched the short movie Seven about the BC Bike Race over on pinkbike and its motivated me to give it a crack within the next two years. Has anyone here done it before? Just trying to gauge how hard/technical the riding really is.
  12. H

Sus eBay - 2012 Turner DHR

Please delete.
  13. H

chainring question

I've got a 40t ring on my commuter/am/enduro/awesome hardtail bike. I was riding to work this morning and noticed that the chainring looks buckled. Is this a common thing to happen? I cannot recall ever striking it on anything (no bashguard, so I'd definitely know if I did.) What could be the...
  14. H

BTR Ranger - anyone actually ridden one?

http://www.btr-fabrications.com/products/ranger/ - can't seem to find much in the way of proper reviews. Anyone in Aus ridden/own one?
  15. H

[VIC] - In need of a LARGE Giant Glory (frame only)

Looking for a Large Giant Glory frame - 2011 model onwards. Preferably within victoria, but willing to pay postage. PM if able to help.
  16. H

Ticket2rideBC - general opinions

Looking at going to whistler September next year. Will be travelling solo and never been to whistler before. Found ticket2ridebc via Google. Seems like a good option from what I can tell. However, so far I've emailed them and messaged them on their Facebook site. Close to a month ago now, still...
  17. H

Airbrushing services in Melbroune area

Looking for a decent airbrush artist/ airbrush-er to do some custom work on a frame I'm building up. Anyone have any recommendations?
  18. H

When to replace a helmet? (not full face)

Thought it may be applicable to this section - When should I replace my helmet? Had a decent crash riding to work today. Landed quite heavily on my left army/shoulder which resulted in me 'whipping' the ground with my head. Quite distinctly remember hearing and feeling a solid 'thud' when my...
  19. H

How far do you ride in a year?

Bit of a random topic maybe, maybe not. I want a new bike. However I want to prove to myself that investing in a new bike will be worth my time (and money..) so my question to you fit focussed burners - how many km's do you reckon you'd average over a year? I'm talking about general All...
  20. H

2008 Giant Reing X1 headset question

I've got a new set of forks with a 1.5" steerer tube. I'm using the forks as part of a hardtail build. Also in possession of a 2008 Giant Reign X1 frame with a 1 1/8 " headset and fork on it. Considering switching the forks between the hardtail build and the Reign. Is there a 1.5" headset...