Search results

1. JIM80B

XC Trails near Thornton and Beresfield

We used to regularly enter the trails there by riding along the back of the houses...thus making the dogs bark. It is easy to avoid now though by entering using this trail http://app.strava.com/segments/3309428 As pi11wizard said...Strava search will show you some great trails in that...
  2. JIM80B

Convict 50 Difficulty

Was that your silver Specialized with the taco'd front wheel? That was completely bent back on itself. Can't imagine what condition the frame was in. It appeared as though a young female was dusting herself off and about to remount. Was she involved? Maybe I have the wrong incident completely...
  3. JIM80B

Convict 50 Difficulty

I've done it 4 times. The 50km race has no real technical sections. The descent from 35km is a doozy. But if you get plenty of braking done BEFORE the waterbars, which can buck you off, it is all very rideable. The climb is less than rideable for most. There are about 3 areas on course where...
  4. JIM80B

Riding in the Hunter

If you're working in the Valley then a stop at Singleton XC track on your way home from work certainly wouldn't go astray. That's a great track. Can't believe noone has suggested it. I've often thought of taking my bike with me when I've had meetings in the valley with a view to stopping at...
  5. JIM80B

consumer boycott- ???

Boycott? I was hoping to pick up some cheap Livestrong or Mellow Johnny's gear in the ensuing firesale. :heh:
  6. JIM80B

XC & ROAD - Mark's Chinese Carbon Builds

The stickers will definitely stiffen it up a bit. Personally I like the bike, apart from the wheels being too big and it not being a Santa Cruz frame. Plus, how stiff can a paper mâché bike be anyway?
  7. JIM80B

The "I just don't like those XXXXX brand bikes" thread

Hate: Avid - chatter anyone? Giant - because they're too hard to go past based on value for money. China9er's that are tarted up with green KCNC components. Mechanics that charge $160 for new chain & gear cables then the next day you have to line up to get the free mechanic at an event to...
  8. JIM80B

July HMBA social ride/ camping weekend

What a champion bloke.
  9. JIM80B

Fork instalation

I have had people tell me that my fork was on the wrong way!
  10. JIM80B

appendix, recovery time

Anthiron's experience sounds closer to mine than some miraculous recovery! Bardles, there was no 4th incision but i could feel (still can) something deeeeep down in the same area that I had the pain in the first place (right hand side). Wish I had've been in your area when I needed it done...
  11. JIM80B

Garmin edge training techniques.

pistonbroke, Strava is king. the search function on strava has had a major facelift and your can search courses by name, rides by area and segments or climbs as well. I am not sure if they've got their export option sorted yet (they had to take it down to refine privacy issues) but I have...
  12. JIM80B

appendix, recovery time

I had the key hole method on the last day of August 2011. Sorry if I am raining on your parade, but I didnt get back on the bike for 7.5 weeks (end of October) and that was very painful. I have never been the guy with the ripping 6 pack but the trouble is that they fill you full of air and...
  13. JIM80B

Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

Canoe bridge b-line? Here is a longer option that could be set up as a b-line for the canoe bridge! http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/12/18/bikerumor-pic-of-the-day-the-water-course/
  14. JIM80B

Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

Socks are great! I believe someone from Max Adventure saw Flamin' Trek in the toilet before and just assumed he'd be an XS shoe size, going on common ratios. :wink: Pinkbike, I find the t-shirts at Wollombi Wild Ride work well, as you tell them your size. Gels, bars, spares are always...
  15. JIM80B

Forster/Hallidays Point?

Have a look at this thread from two weeks ago. http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?234843-MTB-near-Blueys-Beach-Bulahdelah-Forster-Tuncurry
  16. JIM80B

Highland Fling 2011

So, you're a self confessed Measure-bator. Don't worry. 99% of riders do it, and the other 1% are liars. It is a shame that I am not at the Fling this year, as seeing exactly how much slower I am than everybody else via Strava is always interesting (and depressing).
  17. JIM80B

tailbone pain help!

I can't offer any solutions, but I broke my tailbone on a hardtail and used it as an excuse to buy a duellie. It healed with some time off the bike and hasn't given me any grief since. My tailbone had the muscles spasming around it and that was some of the worst pain I've ever felt (having...
  18. JIM80B

Spin Bikes - What model do you have and would you recommend it?

Whatever you decide, don't bring this up with her. Recipe for disaster. Sorry I can't help more.
  19. JIM80B

Maitland to Glenrock

Some mates from work did this last weekend. http://app.strava.com/rides/1673699