Search results

1. jetbike

Tasmanian Trail

http://www1.parks.tas.gov.au/recreation/tastrail.html Anyone ridden it? Any recommendations? How long? Best time of year (I'm thinking spring or autumn)? Cost? Can I ride a touring bike, or do you need an mtb bike? Is there an ideal bike that sings out? I'm thinking an xc bike with...
  2. jetbike

The Single Speed Thread

Tyre Recommendations I'm planning to ride my rigid 1x1 around manly Dam as often as possible. I have chunky 2.4 Kenda tyres from an old 2001 GT I had (tyres in v good condition). I considered these as they have high volume, which I assume will counter the lack of suspension. Am I on...
  3. jetbike

The Fixie Thread

Urban or Rural I ride fixed in Sydney and I freaking love it. I reckon the fixed gear bike is the perfect ride for city streets; responsive, practical and maintainence free (largely). Also it's the most fun I've ever had on a bike, literally playing in the traffic. I'm on holiday in Byron...
  4. jetbike

The Fixie Thread

Not Fixed, but hey A-freaking-mazing. I'm not a bmx rider, but hat's off all round. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVc0vA8NzY&feature=related
  5. jetbike

The Fixie Thread

Rod's bike = event of the year.
  6. jetbike

Sunday at the Movies

Earlier this year we screened “Stars and Wattercarrier’s” and before that “A Sunday in Hell”, now the last of the Jorgen Leth trilogy. “The Impossible Hour” Following Danish racing star Ole Ritter as he tries to regain the hour record in Mexico. He had set the record in 1968, only to have it...
  7. jetbike

Le Tour de Sydeny Sunday 29 July

Sounds great. Thanks for organising Carlin. Your energy puts me to shame. You gonna ride it fixed? I've gotta work. So, no go for me. Next time. Have fun. Let me know where you end up. If you're having a refreshing and rehydrating beverage at about 6:30pm I may come and join you all.
  8. jetbike

Riding In Byron Bay?

Very cool. Thanks very much. Now I can buy a house there.
  9. jetbike

Riding In Byron Bay?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there much riding to be done in and around Byron Bay? I might be moving there soon. I've just got back into this off-road lark and want to carry on up the coast. It's a very out-doors type of place and I assume there'll be loads of singletrack and...