Search results

1. T

DT350 Non-Boost to Boost end caps?

Looking to convert a 15x100 wheelset to 15x110mm, nothing fancy. But all of the suppliers are saying it cannot be done, and that no-one ever does this with hubs (tell that to Hope, Mavic etc). Surely the DT350s are convertible from 15x100 to 15x110 with an accompanying 5mm brake spacer? Or have...
  2. T

Banshee 27.5" dropout kit Gen 2/3

Item: Banshee 27.5" dropout kit Gen 2/3 (bolt up flip chip) Location: Melbourne With MTBDirect no longer listing them, and Missing Link not returning calls, I am searching further afield. Anyone have a dropout kit?
  3. T

HyperGlide+ on RF Narrow Wide chainring

Following on from my fwits post, here is what a HG+ chain looks like on a brand new RF NW chainring. https://gfycat.com/hilariousdishonestgarpike Looks like the profile of the rollers is slightly different causing it to be slightly out of alignment with the teeth and therefore roll up on the...
  4. T

Anyone make a 20mm to 15mm axle sleeve?

Before i fire up the lathe and make one out of 4130 I thought i may as well just check if anyone knows of one. There are tons of the cheap alloy 15mm>9mm axles, and a few from 12-9mm, but I cant seem to find any 20-15mm except for one guy in the US who makes them (but isnt available currently...
  5. T

Shimano XT brakes - M785 vs M8120

Planning the new bike build, and Im planning on using the new XT 12sp drivetrain, with older symmetric cranks and a Raceface NW ring. But have now come to the brakes. I have some M785s spare currently, but wondering whether i should just splash the pot the extra $500 for the M8120 brakeset? Are...
  6. T

Kids MTBs - jump from 20" to 24" ?

Ok, my eldest seems to be going through bikes like they are going out of fashion. We are planning on getting him a new bike soon as the single speed he is using currently has him quite limited on both hills and descents (it was a free BYK so wasnt going to say no) He is quite tall and lanky and...
  7. T

Replacement for XT M772 Rear Derailleur?

Searching around for a replacement for the old XT M772, non DynaSis rear mech https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xt-m772-shadow-9-speed-rear-mech/rp-prod20700 Most of the shops want to sell me a Shadow+ mech, but that wont work with the road shifters on the Frankenbike. Anyone know...
  8. T

Recommend me a good rolling CX tyre

Anyone want to recommend a good rolling, relatively puncture proof, 29er CX tyre? This Schwalbe CX Comp is no more. It has ceased to be. The CX Comp was good on gravel, but sucked on hard pack, and the rear tyre is showing signs of casing failure too. Considering a Ravager in 38C or a...
  9. T

What is a good one bike solution?

Thinking of downsizing to a 1 bike stable from my ageing collection of a 26” 160mm enduro, 29” steel hardtail and an old 26” DJ hardtail. I feel like frame designs and pedalling efficiency have come far enough that a 1 bike is workable, especially as I’m getting old and creaky. Thinking a...
  10. T

Sold Fox 40 FIT RC2 (2011)

Item: 2011 Fox 40 FIT RC2 (26") Location: 3031 Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: Exploring bike split (unused hero bike) Price and price conditions: $400 Extra Info: Pondering splitting up the DH bike rather than selling whole. Pictures:
  11. T

Sold 2006 Specialized Demo 9

Havent touched this in years, and cleaning out the garage, so looking to move it on. Item: 2006 Specialized Demo 9; Saint/Hone build; 2011 Fox 40s Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Good, fresh rebuild Reason for selling: Unused :( Price and price conditions: $800? Extra Info: 2011 Fox 40s...
  12. T

Shimano Centerlock Through Axle Crushwasher?

Went to change discs on the MTB the other night (damn you rock), and the little crush washer pinged off into the unknown of the grate drain outside our garage. Now this normally wouldnt be a problem except that its a through axle nut, not the normal QR ones. Looks like this: Now the couple of...
  13. T

Sold FREE - 29" WTB SX19s on Novatecs, and Jet Black Rocket 26"ers

Item: WTB SX19 29" on Novatecs Item: Jetblack Rocket 26" Location: Melbourne, 3181 Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price conditions: Free, pickup only, if not gone in few weeks ill take to CERES. Pictures:
  14. T

B-screw mods for road bike derailleurs (CX stuff)

Ok, tried asking this on some road forums and they were all NFI due to it not being Durace etc Have Shimano 105 5700 setup on CX bike, running 1x10. Dont want to shell out for 1x11 and hydros just yet. Want bigger rear cluster. Wondering if its possible to do the B-screw mod on a 105 mech...
  15. T

VIC SOLD 29" WTB SX19s on Novatecs - Commuter discs $50

Item: WTB SX19s on Novatecs. QR 29ers. Location: Inner West Melbs Item Condition: Good. Reason for selling: Surplus, too many wheels Price and price conditions: $50 pu Extra Info: Yeah, commuter wheels. Upgraded ages ago, now surplus Pictures:
  16. T

Kona Minute (also considering other long tails)

Bit of a long shot, but ive been wanting a Kona Minute for a while now, and then they stopped making them. Anyone have one that they are looking to move on. Also considering other longtails too.
  17. T

First Kids Pedal Bikes

Ok, moving on from that balance bike thread i started a few years ago, looking to get a first pedal bike for the little man's third birthday. Pretty sure I have narrowed it down to either a Byk 250 or a Specialized Riprock. The Speccy looks like it has a few more bits that are compatible...
  18. T

What happened to Trailmix?

Went for a ride out at Lysty the other day, for the first time in ages, and when i was about to get a nice hot cup of joe at the end Trailmix was gone. What happened?
  19. T

XC The Kool-aid machine (Niner MCR)

Finally succumbed to a non-26er and bought a Niner MCR and fork off here. Transferred most of the bits from my old XC bike over onto it, but picked up a cheap wheelset (Crossrides) and a set of Easton Haven carbon bars for it. Rides well, but feels bloody weird currently, but not sure...
  20. T

SOLD Crank mounted dual bike rack (like old Grip racks) - $50

Item: Crank mounting dual bike rack Location: Melbourne, Prahran Item Condition: Rock solid Reason for selling: Taking up too much room in my garage Price and price conditions: $50 pick up only Extra Info: For a 50mm square hitch only. Made about 7 years ago, and has been half way around...