Search results

1. nickhagee

please remove!

yes and that was starting price mate... also hate to be a pain everyone but iv just decided to have the bike shipped over, sorry everyone
  2. nickhagee

please remove!

please remove.... sorry guys, decided to have bike shipped over Pictures: i apologise for upside down photos, i dont know why they are flipped
  3. nickhagee

Acros Hydraulic shifters, 8,9 or ten speed compatible.

oh boy oh boy. now comes all the hydraulic problems that can come with brakes like pressure build up, blah blah. the pressures would have to all remain the same for each indexed gear to work perfectly, but when changes in temperature can change pressures in the system you will fiddle with it...
  4. nickhagee

SRAM X3 or SRAM X4

just get what will work. with a cheap shifter i guarentee you arent going to notice even a slight difference between a deore and xtr derailleur (or x4 to x0 for that matter) high quality chain, cluster and good, snappy feeling shifters is what will make your gears feel tops
  5. nickhagee

Sold!

sold please remove!
  6. nickhagee

Sold!

bumpy bump
  7. nickhagee

Protec helmet comparison

anything with the eps foam so when you smash it, it saves your noggin. then throw it and get another
  8. nickhagee

Sold!

* bike: trek fast track 470. full cro-mo frame and fork. 56cm top tube. 59cm seattube (about a large, keep in mind old school sizing) * Location: camira near brisbane. will post. i will use greyhound frieght last i checked they charge $110 and they dont offer insurance. if you want to use...
  9. nickhagee

The great hub debate - Hadley vs King vs Hope vs ??????

mmm dt swiss are the best hubs by far i know someone who's had a dt 240 hub on their road bike since 2001... the bearings are still feel good as new in fact the whole wheel stayed true. this year is the first time a spoke key has touched the nipples and dt's ratchet system works a charm
  10. nickhagee

2010 Fox 831 - DJ/4x fork

its seems to have been fox's reputation to make a plusher feeling fork than anything else, but they just require more regular servicing than other forks to keep them running so good.
  11. nickhagee

dt-swiss wheels

most tyre/rim combos are easy enough to get off by hand. you lift the section opposite the valve over the bead of the rim and push your body weight on your hands, pulling the tyre right off. only really stubborn, tight tyres require tyre levers. with the pinching of your tubes, after rolling...
  12. nickhagee

Elixir problems yet again!!

recently got a pair on a new bike and had the same problem where the pads sat too close to the rotor. i actually had to push the pistons back in as they were already sitting pumped out, then progressively align the caliper and straighten the rotor (sometimes, came out of the box a little bent)...
  13. nickhagee

World Cup World Cup #7 Bromont DH Results

such small margins!! amazing love brycelands riding at 0:55
  14. nickhagee

Specialized SX Trail 4X, FreeRide, DJ build.

if your gonna go all out just take the plunge and go chris king
  15. nickhagee

Who runs derailleurs!

i recently converted to single speed no regrets!! the bike is better in every way
  16. nickhagee

Juicy 3, 5 and 7's Discontinued.

WHHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! now no one has to ride this s***!
  17. nickhagee

Norco 2010 Launch

yyyyyuuuuuuuuckkkk edit: what cranks are on the ryde????
  18. nickhagee

Post your all mountain/ light freeride bike

mmmm joplins are the greatest! and once you've used one it's hard to use anything else absolutely beautiful mannn. i love these
  19. nickhagee

XC Stem Length and Bike Sizing

my personal opinion is that you go with what you find comfertable im getting a new stumpy (m) in 1 or 2 weeks and am going to swap the stem for a 60mm straight away (yes i have ridden one with the stock stem length) because i prefer to have my hands not so far in front of the wheel my 2c
  20. nickhagee

Favourite part of all time.

lock on grips no one wants twistie if they aren't on a moto... 10/10 if the clamp works and the rubber compound is nice and supple.