Search results

1. phil p.

Thor Kits for DH/4x?

Hi all, I'm looking at buying a complete Thor Core kit for racing as I really like the designs more than other brands on the market. I'm just wondering if I can get peoples opinion and experience with it before I buy. I'd particularly like no know how breathable the kit is and how the gloves...
  2. phil p.

Hutchinson Barracuda for 4x?

Hey, I'm looking for a new set of tyres for 4x and have come across these. I'm just interested in what people think about using these for fourcross racing. They seem light and fast rolling with a decent amount of grip. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
  3. phil p.

XT crank problem

Hey guys, I'm just fitting a set of xt cranks and bottom bracket. I'm just looking for a quick answer to my problem. I've fitted the bottom bracket and everything seems fine, but then I try to insert the driveside crank and it seems to get jammed early when I try fit it through the bb. Does...
  4. phil p.

Which Bottom Bracket?

Hey Guys, So I own an Giant 05 STP0 with a 73mm bottom bracket shell and am running a TruVativ Giga Pipe DHLT ISIS splined bottom bracket (which has totally shat itself) with a 113mm axle. I run TruVativ Holzfeller ISIS splined cranks and an e13 lg1 with the bottom bracket mount (seems to run...
  5. phil p.

Chain Tension Problems

Ok, so I yesterday I took my cranks, chain etc. off to have a look at my bottom bracket as it was making annoying creaking sounds when i pedalled. Afterwards I went to put my cranks and back wheel back on and got the chain to a good tension. But the problem that I have at the moment is that the...
  6. phil p.

Shoe Shipping

Hey Just wondering if someone can tell me how much it would cost to get a pair of shoes shipped to Australia through danscomp.com I'm looking at getting these in black. Thanks in advance.
  7. phil p.

Kink Whip 09

hey guys, Firstly I've searched and could'nt find anything. I've decided to get myself a bmx and have been looking at the 09 kink whip. I'm looking at getting it off dans comp and the total I will be paying (including shipping to aus) is very close to $600. Can anyone tell me if this is a good...
  8. phil p.

Prac Track - Trail Log (Update Pg2)

Hey guys, I've started building this trail a few weeks ago and construction has slowly moved along since then. Basically it's going to be a kind of practise/razzing light DH trail and will hopefully include most features of a DH course (just scaled down abit). Although it is not an ideal...
  9. phil p.

4X Custom STP0

Just thought I would post up my bike. It's an 05 giant stp zero and it's taken a fair amount of riding since I bought it. It's main usage is for 4x and general razzing. Sorry for any shithouse photos. Here it is close to stock: Here it is at the moment: Frame - Giant STPzero 05 (Metallic...
  10. phil p.

Western Wedgetail

Hey guys, Just wondering if someone can give me directions to where the beginner DH track starts at stromlo. thanks.
  11. phil p.

Gear Cable

Hey, I just did a search and could'nt find anything on this so yeah. I'm just wondering what good brands and models of gear cables there are and what you guys would recommend. Also, what price would i be looking around? I'm guessing even the top brand would be fairly cheap? Thanks.
  12. phil p.

ultegra sl 9sp?

hey, Dunno if this should be in the road section but ah well. I'm just wondering whether you can run a shimano ultegra sl rear derailleur with a 9sp mtb setup? Also, is there a large difference in the shimano 105 and ultegra derailleurs? thanks.
  13. phil p.

Which derailleur?

Hey, So, I just got a new shimano ultegra 9sp (11-23) cassette and am looking at getting a new derailleur to replace my old one. I am currently running a sram x7 shifter & derailleur and want to get something that is shortcage, not overly expensive, good quality, and suitable to my cassette...
  14. phil p.

shimano compatible trigger shifter

Item: shimano or any shimano compatible trigger shifter Location: canberra, ACT Price range/Willing to Pay: depending on type of shifter. open to offers. Extra Info: Probably changing from a sram to a shimano road derrailieur for the mtb so looking for a sram style trigger shift that is...
  15. phil p.

Gate starts/balance practise

Hey, Did a search but could'nt find anything very helpful. I've been racing 4x for a short time now and am really interested in getting my gate starts and balance better. At the moment i'm having trouble balancing or trackstanding in the gates (during the starting call), and the fact that I...
  16. phil p.

brindabella challenge 4x

just wondering what time the 4x is on today. It isn't very clear on the brindabella challenge or corc sites. thanks.
  17. phil p.

105 derailleur w/ x9 shifter

Just a quick question. Is it possible to run a shimano 105 derailleur with a SRAM x9 shifter? Thanks!
  18. phil p.

funn chain reaction price

Hey, I'm looking at buying a funn skinny RL saddle off chain reaction online and was wondering if someone could help with the shpping cost to oz for this saddle. I figured the saddle itself is about $65aud but am confused with the postage costs for the website. It says $30aud for the smallest...
  19. phil p.

road cassette compatibility

Hey, I was wondering if you can run a normal mtb deraillieur with a road cassette, or a road deraillieur with a mtb cassette. Or can you only run road components with other road components and vice versa for mtb? Thanks.