Search results

1. J

2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships - Intense Battle

just ride Only been watching this thread for a couple of days. WEMBO & 24hrs of Adrenaline both have the same goal to my knowledge - run successful 24hr events for people who wish to race or ride them. Both have passionate people behind the organisation and if you want to get a World Class...
  2. J

Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

Get 10 SS mates, get them to collectively email Mick...and voila, I would imagine it would be hard to say no. You want something, you go get it!
  3. J

Forrest 6 Hour - June 5 2011

I really really REALLY wish norm would train and get fast again..and not just on downhills! I am the jealous one Rishi
  4. J

...boyfriend that rides fast ...
  5. J

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

Thats going to happen to any tyre when you do that! I have been using Rocket Rons since 2009, fave tyre ever. One issue at Mt Buller in a race, hit a rock at the wrong angle, pierced tyre, but that was just random bad luck on my part. Happy camper here.
  6. J

World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships

my answer Let me be honest here...and if you want to crap on about my comments, then whatever, but this is heartfelt shit going down. When I went to Canada in 2009 and came 4th - the experience was totally amazing, I loved Canada, but the whole travelling overseas and racing thing was brand...
  7. J

Solo 24hr enduro tips.

no sleep On my first 24hr solo - at Redesdale no less, back in 2007, I slept for maybe 1hr...it was horrible. Regretted doing it and vowed to never again sleep... and it was so hard to get out again in the cold night. If you want to do your first 24hr solo and have no regrets and...
  8. J

Giant anthem x3

Xo I have lost maybe 3-4 XO carbon cages on my RD - yes, ....all it takes is a tough woody twig and you are rat shit!
  9. J

Giant anthem x3

I know a shit load of people male and female that name their bikes Courtenay.
  10. J

You Yangs trails now closed! 04/02/2011

trails mtb101 - pics would not do justice, to ride is the only way to truly appreciate and peoples feedback in words documents the awesome changes. Some of the changes arent huge, just realignments, some are totally different like Lactic, its almost a new track!
  11. J

Cressy...and more Cressy is very schmick now...very schmick - and FFFFAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaassst! So fast that I think I am riding slower to combat the fear of what MIGHT happen should I case it! Def a 5" + travel bike with a lowered seat would have the track most enjoyed with some armour on...
  12. J

Correction By the time our courses are run on the dates that are listed on our website - the You Yangs will be open! Mistake on play of words - official opening is yet to be announced - apologies but we wont be riding there until we get the go ahead from parks vic. Keep in touch with...
  13. J

Heyfield & District Community Bank - Blores Hill 6 Hour Enduro - WRAP UP!

not coming Late decision made, but not coming on the trip over to Blores Hill tomorrow. Have a great time to all, jealous of dry trails, indeed some fun to be had, cant wait to find out how it all goes. Jess
  14. J

race profile Profile looks unbelievably fun and fast and thank you!
  15. J

Forrest Festival 2011

Good Morning! As stated: Forrest is a growing tourism based town in the otways. History of the trails here is older than even I really know, however a few years back now the state govt earmarked the town as being suitable for MTB "tourism" and injected some cashola for some pretty cool trail...
  16. J

Forrest Festival 2011

Not a competition...just an offer of something different. Agree here. Clashing dates & competing with the market of racing participants is not the aim of the Forrest Festival. From my understanding it stems from such deeper reasons: - Providing an opportunity for the local community...
  17. J

Solo, was thinking team but got my arm twisted to do solo, good training lead up for Mawson Marathon anyway. Normie is looking after me, bugger he says, he wanted to race - NOT. Did an 8hr enduro the other day in Townsville, gee time goes quick.
  18. J

In! I am in...cant wait, something different, never been there, should be fun, change is as good as holiday...all that jazz. See you there.
  19. J

Townsville Hotrock 8

Great time in townsville Thanks dags, had a ball. cant wait to be back and really see the area proper and ride trails all day long. Wonderful vibe, great people, great track, well done Townsville Rockwheelers. Dont forget to come to Forrest Victoria to check out what we have down there.
  20. J

Pack for rain and cold Ross at the risk of sounding negative, which i dont mean to do... I personally will be packing a very warm SKI jacket, a big polar fleece blanket, I will not be using crossmark style tyres, but instead my fave rocket rons which are good in wet or dry for forrest...