Search results

1. L

07 Prophet RS upgrade advice

G'day guys and girl, I have a 07 cannondale prophet frame built up to be an enduro DH bike. The only issue at the moment is it bottoms fairly easy on its Float R rear shock. Can anybody help me spec a better rear shock that will for my bike? currebtly spec for: 3:1 Regressive rates...
  2. L

Hayes Stroker Trail issues

I have 2010 Hayes Strokers on my trail bike and they keep loosing power/pad contact point. After the first lap the brakes go from working perfectly to the leavers almost at the bar. Iv bleed them twice now and it's always the same story. Any ideas?
  3. L

Cannondale 07 Prophet rear shock

G'day all. I have an old 07 prophet that has been built up as an AM bike and does a excellent job of it. The only component I feel isn't performing at its best is the rear shock. Can anybody with familiarity with the prophets recommend me a shock. Current stats from the manual: Eye to eye ...
  4. L

Disc Brake adaptor Help!!!! OLD STYLE FRAME

G'day guys. I'm in the middle of doing a restoration of an old Garry fisher frame and I have just discovered the brake adaptors I was going to use won't fit on the frame. Can anybody with knowledge of old model bikes please help !!. Brake mounting (frame) = 44mm hole spacing Brake mount...
  5. L

NSW WTB, Ridgid forks, V-Brakes & Leavers, Simple RD and shifter

Item: Ridgid fork for a MTB Location: anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: $30 Extra Info: pictures please Item: V-Brakes and leavers Location: anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: $25 Extra Info: pictures please Item: Rear mech and shifter. Location: Anywhere Price...
  6. L

Jocky wheel dropping the chain?

G'day guys, just after a bit of trouble shooting. My lower jocky wheel keeps dropping the chain between the when and cage. What could be the cause? -2010 SRAM XX on a 2010 superfly -checked the cage is done up tight -doesn't look twisted by sight. Cheers
  7. L

Chain ring replacements for XX

G'day guys I need a replacement for my 2x10 chain rings on my XC bike. At the moment it's running XX and XO running gear but I'm not nearly good enough to new that much weight saving. What's a good durable replacement I should get that's a good balance between weight, performance and durability...
  8. L

Need a heavier coil. Is 500lb to large a leap?

G'day guys, I have a 2010 Jamis Dakar 2 with a DHX RC4 on the rear. I'm around 80kg even with gear on and i find that i'm bottoming out (hitting seat) on most landings or even jumps is my landings not perfect. I'm reasonably new to the DH scene so i'm not a very smooth rider and as such i'm...
  9. L

NSW Fox Spring 450-500 X 3.25

Looking for a fox steel spring 450x3.25 or 500x3.25
  10. L

DH Suspension setup Help- jamis BAM 2010

Gday guys I know this is a recurring topic but I have setup the bike via guides on other threads but it's just not working for me. I am currently trying to setup my DH bike and I can't get the settings right. It continually ends in the rear tire clipping the seat. What pressures and spring...
  11. L

Crown Race for TH Industries bearings (Cane creek or FSA)

Im using a E13 reducer cups with TH-873 1-1/8" ACB 36x45 cartridge bearings in it. Sadly I do not have the Crown race for these bearings. From research i believe cane creek and FSA produce a crown race for these bearings but i cant find a seller. Does anyone know where i can obtain one, or have...
  12. L

Which conversion headset?

G'day guys. I have a 2010 Dakar DH frame that has a 1.5" head tube. Since I can't find any 2nd hand DH forks available in a 1.5" headset I need to reduce it to a 1 1/8". Can anyone recommend a good conversion headset? Or possibly a shim so I can install a standard 1 1/8". ? Cheers
  13. L

NSW Headset- reduce 1.5" to 1 1/8 steerer

Gday I'm looking for a headset that's a reducer headset from a 1.5" steerer to a 1 1/8 steerer? Tell me what you have. Cheers
  14. L

NSW Triple clamp forks with 1.5" steerer

Im looking for a set of triples with a 1.5" steerer. Looking to spend upto $350
  15. L

NSW SOLD!!! 2008 Rock Shock Totems with mission controll. Will SWAP for tripples

Item:* 2008 rock shock Totem with mission control 1.5" - I will happily SWAP for tripples Location: Sydney Item*Condition: A+ hardly a scuff on the lowers. Slite scratch on the left stanchion but its very shallow. Can barely be felt by a finger. Reason*for*selling: want to put triples on...
  16. L

NSW SOLD !!! TREK Remedy 7 $1700 with upgrades

Item:* 2010 trek Remedy 7 (17.5") Location: Sydney Item*Condition: Great, barely ridden. Was purchased in mid 2011. Small pin head size chip on the top tube. Reason*for*selling:^^^^^^ bearly ridden due to a new XC bike, might consider a DH bike for something different...
  17. L

SRAM XX Drive train died, what to replace it with?

G'day guys, my Superfly's drive train recently suffered a quick and painless death the other weekend. And Chain suck punished my frame as well :(. Now im left needing new large chainring, Cassette, and chain. What do you guys recommend?, it was equipped with full SRAM XX before but i don't...
  18. L

Holding bikes by the rims

Is it okay to hold a bike to the roof by a hook through the front wheel?. A lot of bike companies produce racks like this but i would be worried that prolonged pressure in a single spot would damage the rim either by warping it or loosening the spokes. Has anyone got any experiences with...
  19. L

What Size frame for me?

I'm looking to make the move into full XC from FR and AM and i'm unsure what size frame to get. Iv been looking at the Garry fisher (2010)/ Trek Superfly bikes and im stuck between the 15.5" and the 17.5" frames, Iv been offered a really good deal on a 15.5" Fisher superfly but i'm uncertain...
  20. L

Setback seat posts

I recently reduced my stem from 80 down too 50mm. And as such i'm feeling pretty in control but also very cramped. I'm all the way forward on my saddle rails which is concerning but still feeling cramped when peddling an incline or on seated flats. Would a setback seatpost solve my problem...