Search results

1. S

Help me with a SNAKE!

nzhumpy, it would have been the same species - Common/Green Tree Snake. The Duckmeister, Browns are amongst the most timid/shy/nervous of the lot. What is often labeled as aggression is really just defensive behaviour. Don't be threatening and they won't be defensive.
  2. S

Farkers of days gone by

Never been banned in my life! 2003 represent.
  3. S

Brisbane DH Scene

Hey guys, I bought Jillian Duncan's book the other day and it seems there are a whole lot more DH tracks around then when I was riding ~8 years ago. I'm considering getting a DH bike now but thought I'd ask on here if there's much of a scene happening? A lot of guys were getting out of it...
  4. S

Email/IP listed with Spamhaus? Help!

The issue isn't getting removed from Spamhaus - I've done that a couple of times. The issue is it keeps telling me I'm sending spam when I'm not. Obviously I have some malware or something like that that's commandeering my email addresses? I'm using a Mac, that shouldn't happen right?
  5. S

Email/IP listed with Spamhaus? Help!

Hey guys, Again, I'm posting a tech question on Farkin as it usually pays off. Just went to reply to an email from one of my company email addresses and I got this error - nschwcmgw06p BigPond Outbound [OB105. Connection refused. 60.226.8.14 is listed on the Exploits Block List (XBL)...
  6. S

Wall mounted DVD player

Missus is crook and has to spend a lot of time in bed... Bedside has been an option, but would involve over 10 metres of cable to get to the TV and a visible hole in the wall for the cables to go into.
  7. S

Wall mounted DVD player

Hey guys, Google hasn't been my friend, so I'm turning to Farkin yet again as I know there's a bunch of tech savvy people here. Just bought a 50" plasma for the bedroom...wall mounted directly across from our bed, all hidden cables etc. I obviously want to be able to play DVDs, but I want...
  8. S

Remote Accessible Hard Drive

JB swapped what I had for the My Book Live without any cost - it's working exactly as I want it too and was dead easy to set up. Very happy.
  9. S

Possible Great Wall and Chery recall

Just read that article...didn't think it would make it, but then again, we did virtually the same trip in 2007 - me in a 1990 4x4 Hilux and a mate in a new 2wd Rodeo! Not exactly challenging, just hit the dunes with speed.
  10. S

Possible Great Wall and Chery recall

Not true. I'm currently in the market for a 2007+ SR5 dual cab, diesel Hilux with under 100,000km. I won't get any change from $35,000. They are $55,000 drive away. $20,000 depreciation equates to around $4,000 a year if purchased at the ticket price which is rare.
  11. S

The problem is I'm not technically minded - this is convenient, simple and makes senese. Everything you said went over my head...NAS? Mirrored?
  12. S

Just went back to JB and they exchanged what I had for a 3TB WD My Book Live...this seems to do what I want. The bloke at JB thinks I may have trouble putting the MYOB data file on it though...we'll see tomorrow.
  13. S

Hey guys, My second IT related question on a MTB forum in a day...go me. I've wanted to set up a remotely accessible hard drive for my staff and I for a few months now. We have a lot of files that are constantly being updated and it's such a hassle to always be emailing the most current...
  14. S

Domain Name/Douche Web Host Information

Hmm. I might just have to go and burn down their houses.
  15. S

Domain Name/Douche Web Host Information

Hey guys, One of my companies websites has been hosted with the same company for 6 years. I recently had a new one built and the designer is hosting it elsewhere. I emailed my old host to get them to cancel my hosting and transfer the domain...they are refusing without the payment of some...
  16. S

Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

G'day guys, We've had a '96 ATK 605 in the family for about 10 years...I bought it in 2005, rode it for about 12 months and then parked it because of a snapped clutch cable of all things. For those who don't know what an ATK is, it's an American built, Rotax motored "boutique" with all the...
  17. S

After 9 rad years, I'm out.

Sense, this makes none.
  18. S

Why do some people remove their shoes when going inside?

I can't believe the paranoia about germs...I bet half of the germ freaks in here have one of those motion detecting touchless soap dispenser things! Build up an immune system you bunch of sickly wimps.
  19. S

Where can I sell my ktm dirtbike?

Redbook don't buy motorcycles, so what they say is useless. The market dictates the price, and when you can buy a brand new one for a few hundred more, it says that yours is ridiculously overpriced. The problem is not where you're advertising your bike, it's how you're advertising it. It's a...
  20. S

Women, etc.

Just ask her. Tactfully. This has worked several times for me. Make it light hearted but not so much that she thinks it's just a joke. You'll be surprised...