Search results

1. F

Any sparkies/electrical engineers here?

What is the simpliest/safest way to control the temp of these heating elements? It’s in a Behmor coffee roaster and the control panel only allows increments of 25/50/75/100%. I need it to be infinitely variable. I was thinking of setting up a timer to pulse the voltage which is how it...
  2. F

How this forum compares to others I belong to

Last night my 12yr old asked a very random dinner time question , “Do animals have belly buttons?” While there is obviously a technical answer, I thought I’d post it on a couple of forums I frequent. Coffee – 8 replies, 3 were humorous Kitesurfing – 6 replies, 4 humorous, 1 go away and...
  3. F

New rear light design

Just the thought of them bouncing around brings tears to my eyes.
  4. F

Trump's Nazi Acceptance Speech

A graphic designer friend whipped this up yesterday after Trump's Speech. The similarities are frightening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7JlduLdxo
  5. F

Why Toyota kicks Nissan ar$e...

Toyota rescuing submerged Nisan. Yes I'm bored.....
  6. F

Why I hate football....

Argh, it's that time of year again, constant mindless football TV shows dribbling nothing but pre-digested vomit. The game is so boring they need to keep score to make it interesting. Stop scoring and it all becomes totally pointless. That's why I love mtb, or skiing (snow or water) or...
  7. F

Anyone here understand hydrodynamics (dripping tap)

Ok, totally left field problem. Who can explain why my dripper slows down??? In the picture you'll see I have attached a garden retic dripper beneath a container. Initial rate set to 40 drips per minute. A float valve keeps the water level constant +/- 10mm. But for some unknown...
  8. F

It's Back to the Future Day, 21 Oct 2015!!!

Today is the day Marty and Doc went into the future. Pretty cool I'm still around to see it. Things they predicted and got right, VR goggles, fingerprint recognition, hoverboards. Things not right, auto laceup shoes.
  9. F

GST to apply to all imports from July 2017

There goes the $1000 threshold. Better get all your parts soon guys, tax man cometh soon. I wonder if they'll remove import taxes... bahahaha :mad2: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/gst-set-to-apply-to-all-imports-into-australia-from-july-2017-20150821-gj4vg7.html
  10. F

WA Sold

*** SOLD *** Item: B&W Bike Bag Location: Perth Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Not used Price and price conditions: $125. Postage at buyers expense Extra Info: see below Pictures: see below B&W International bike bag. German made. Very good condition. I...
  11. F

OMG, a useful politician - Wants to ban cats!

I love this guy. Australia's first threatened species commissioner, Gregory Andrews, wants all cats to be contained. Woo hoo.... To be clear, I don't have a problem with cats, just irresponsible cat owners who think it's ok to let their cats roam at free will. It's your cat, keep it on...
  12. F

Why I love my Weber BBQ

Their customer support is freaking awesome!!! Yesterday called them about my electronic igniter and thermometer issue on my 2yr old weber. They said no problems and couriered out replacement parts. Got them today, sweeeeeet! I didn't have to show proof of purchase, or take it back to the...
  13. F

Are one way tracks legally enforceable?

We all get pissed off when some looser comes up the wrong way on a clearly sign posted track but I've just had a thought. Aust road rules don't apply in the bush anyway. So using signs to convey road rules, eg one way signs, carry no legal weight. Or is there some other law that governs...
  14. F

OMG! How big are his kahunas. Wingsuit flight.

I've seen quite a few flights but this one is seriously ballsy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_jPcUkVrM
  15. F

Anyone read Japanese???

Hi all Trying to buy some Universal Studio tickets and google translate not doing a good job. English site doesn’t sell ticket or express passes at all. Japanese discrimination at work!!! www.usj.co.jp Thanks Shane
  16. F

First aid kit to the rescue!

Been carrying a first aid kit for years but it’s never been used for anything serious. Last night that changed. Idiot mate went OTB and broke his clavicle in 3 places. He was in a lot of pain. The looser doesn’t carry a first aid kit so we had to use mine. Used a bandage to make a sling and...
  17. F

Are Avid Juicy 3 and XX hoses interchangable?

Hi all Looking to buy a secondhand set of Avid XX brakes to replace my Juicy 3s. However his brake hoses are too short. Does anyone know if compression nut on my juicy 3 hoses will fit the XX brake lever assembly?
  18. F

What have you picked up from Verge Collection?

Local council had bring-out-your-dead bulk rubbish collection so the son and I went hunting. Scored 300 CDs, 60 DVDs, 2 cd/dvd towers, one of which is solid jarrah, a massage chair thingy, car ramps, beyblade toays and smiggles stuff. Spoke to the guy, he said the wife wanted more space. Wife...
  19. F

Media controlling you – Cyclist hit, incident caught on video

Just saw this http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/dashboard-camera-captures-cyclists-crash-20140317-34x4s.html Typical sensationalism. Emotionally charged phrases like “rammed”, "mowed down" and “ploughing” will go unnoticed by the brain dead populous. However it will greatly influence...
  20. F

Why motorists dislike cyclists...

Putting on my philosophical hat on, I think cyclists characterise universally disliked things which causes them to be similarly universally disliked. 1. We believe all are equal, regardless of religion, wealth bla bla. However there is no mechanism to enforce accountability for cyclists, so...