Search results

1. P

SingleSpeed Chainring - SRAM XX

Hats off to our engineering team duo who basically hasn't slept in the last month. :cool: http://www.sicklines.com/2011/04/16/2012-e-thirteen-by-the-hive-lg1-tr-4-x-120-guidering-and-geared-hubs/ *Edit* Bottom of the page. Oh, and we're doing some other cool bits now too.
  2. P

E-Thirteen LG1+ dimensions

It would be a close fit, but you should be able to rotate the guide a little bit to clear that tab. Cheers, philip @ theHive/e*thirteen P.S., the gold backplate is a sample for OEM, we're not planning to do any special edition stuff for the LG1+ quite yet (I still want glow-in-the-dark)
  3. P

Chainguide's

The Remedy would have ISCG-OLD tabs if it has tabs at all. You will likely need to look at other guide options...as the SS+ is ISCG-05 only right now (ISCG-OLD is looking like it will be out next year). Cheers, philip @ theHive/e*thirteen
  4. P

Commencal supreme VIP - crank spindle issue.

This is correct. You've got the Mini Supreme. An 83mm crankset shouldn't be too hard to find a new home for. Any 68/73mm crankset should work out as far as spacing goes. If you had the full 8" DH Supreme (by chance) you would have been all set. In 2007/2008 that rig used a 73mm BB shell...
  5. P

Commencal supreme VIP - crank spindle issue.

I would take pictures of what you have. Older Commencals used some funky BB setups that don't usually end up working well with external bearing type cranksets. For example... 68/73mm BB shell and 150mm rear hub spacing gives you a very mismatched chainline, and causes issues with the...
  6. P

chain guide and cranks

For most single ring guides, they require the additional spacing offered from a single ring crankset (read: thicker backplate for strength). If you don't have a single ring crankset, you can mill down the tabs. Some cranksets are adaptable between single/double...usually with a spacer and...
  7. P

Chain guide Advice - Giant Reign

Actually, unless you have ISCG tabs on your frame (Reign does not, ReignX does), you will want to bottom bracket mount the guide. All adapters will throw off the spacing required for a dual ring setup...which binds the cranks up. Check out our DRS in ISCG-OLD/BB mount or Heim2 in BB mount...
  8. P

ISCG mounts?

Technically there is ISCG RevA, ISCG RevB (a.k.a. ISCG-OLD, a.k.a. ISCG-03, a.k.a. ISCG) and ISCG-05. ISCG-05 was a larger collab project between various component and frame makers that took a lot more things into account. For instance, the tab rotation is dictated by the location of the...
  9. P

10-Speed Chainring for Single Ring (1x10) Setup

Our GuideRings are also 10 sp compatible. As stated earlier, the internal width of a 10sp chain is the same as a 9sp. Additionally, our XCX.ST (high and low clamp versions) should be in our California office by next week...DirtWorks and Chainreactioncycles.com should be up to speed shortly as...
  10. P

Arrow Racing DHH Rims

I had a set on my DH rig for several years. They are so indestructible that I eventually swapped down to a lighter rim because they were so overkill (and dropped a solid pound off my bike). I've also flatted 5 feet from the edge of a 8' drop and the rim wasn't even dented at all by the time...
  11. P

2011 Giant Reign BB71 questions

Its a typo on the Giant AUS website...you've actually likely got BB92 (MTB). There is also BB86 (Road), BB90 (BB86+4mm of bearing sleeve), so on and so forth. Trek Bicycles even has BB95... http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/bb90-bb86-bb92-etc-bottom-bracket-service Hopefully all the...
  12. P

2011 Reign Single Front Ring Options

So that we're all on the same page...this is the frame in question: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/reign.frameset/7323/44751/ Giant runs a Shimano Direct Mount front derailleur, and a Shimano Press fit BB92 bottom bracket (BB95 is a Trek thing). From here, really your choices...
  13. P

XC chainguides with BB92

We will be releasing a Shimano "E-type" frame mount, and a DirectMount version of the XCX.ST (single bolt, like in the video). I'd expect to see some additional info later this year. The E-type mount (two bolt holes) will be out mid-late Nov, with the regular XCX.ST being available Nov 1st...
  14. P

Quick Question: LS-1 to LG-1

The original 06-08 gen LG1/SRS backplate is becoming pretty scarce...so if you can find the backplate I would scoop it up. :cool:
  15. P

What ISCG tabs are on a Jamis Dakar Bam 1?

I believe that all new Jamis rigs are running ISCG-05...perhaps for a year or two now. You can measure the distance between the bolt hole centers to determine which type you have. Cheers, philip @ e*thirteen/theHive
  16. P

help with choosing chain guide

While "buy cheap, buy twice" does apply to a number of products, we've gone through a significant amount of engineering and riding time to make sure that our LS1+ and SS+ make the grade for "budget" chainguides. http://www.e13components.com/product_ls1plus.html The SS+ is also an option...
  17. P

Problem: E-13 SRS, Chain is slipping off.

Hi Rue! The older 06-08 style SRS (and LG1) are fairly lenient as far as setup goes, but it sounds like you might have either a backplate spacing issue or top slider issue. When spaced correctly, the top slider should be 3mm from the top of the chain, and as close to your bashguard as you feel...
  18. P

Chainring warped - Brand new.

Not to sound too creepy or anything...but yeah. I typically only watch this forum, because searching up anything e13 typically gets me all "for sale" ads :D Best of luck!
  19. P

Chainring warped - Brand new.

I would vote on the cranks being a bit off. I havn't come across any non-straight rings...so if it were bent I might blame the mailman. With a proper chainline, the chain should slightly rub the top slider in both gear extremes. The ring should be dead centered in the top slider and aligned...
  20. P

Can i use any chain guide??

I'm quoting you, because you're right! :D All Giant frames with ISCG tabs to date are ISCG-OLD. With most of the frames, they have a dropped chainstay design, so a WIDE angle guide is ideal. 2008 Glory DH Guide List - I would highly suggest an SRS+ or LG1+ for the bike, as the backplate...