Search results

1. J

custom wheel builds - feedback

Hi folks. Am looking to build a custom wheelset for my 2019 Pivot Trail 429. Am based in Sydney and am keen to hear from anyone who's had both alloy and/or carbon custom wheel sets built. I am looking at either I-9 or DTSwiss 350 hub due to the SuperBoost rear end on this bike but keen to hear...
  2. J

Carbon 29er wheelset - the eternal question

Hi folks. Well, this is a pretty generalised question (and realise it ain't new) but i am looking to drop a bit of weight while improving ride quality, etc., on my new Rocky Mountain Instinct Alloy 70. It's got the Sunringle 30mm internal-width alloy wheels on it at the moment (plus tubes -...
  3. J

29er trail rigs with a dash of enduro

Hi folks. Am looking at a new rig around September and it will most likely be a 29er. So am after some opinions/long term ride reports on the Yeti SB5.5, the SC Hightower if possible? Also waiting to see what Rocky Mountain does with the next-gen Instinct (loved the old model - rode it in...
  4. J

NSW [SOLD] As New Santa Cruz Bronson Large CC

Item: [SOLD] 2016 Bronson Large CC. (Has AMS frame protector on down tube and seat tube) Item Condition: As New. Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney Reason for sale: Not riding/job redundancy. Price: $5400 negotiable Frame: 2016 Santa Cruz Bronson CC boost rear. Around 60km of...
  5. J

Hill climb/long ride locations in Northern Beaches

hi folks. i put a similar question up a year or so ago as I was looking for training trails/firetrails that were steep, long, etc., for the BC Bike Race. Long story short, i had to postpone it by a year, so am now back on the bike and desperate for some steep, long riding to get my legs in...
  6. J

27.5 wheels on 26 frameset

Hi folks. Guessing this has been asked before but anyone swapped to 27.5 on their 26-inch bike? Specifically hardtails? And have they been happy or swapped back? Contemplating this for a rare 26 frame I found and want to keep so looking to future-proof, although with 26-plus now on the scene...
  7. J

Frame protection: Invisiframe or Frameskin?

Howdy folks. Am just about to get my hands on my first carbon-fibre frame - a Bronson - and am being overly paranoid coming from years of metal bikes but am after advice on which of these two frame protection setups people prefer/rate the best? Any and all opinions welcome! Cheers, JW
  8. J

SOLD [NSW] SRAM RAIL 50 wheel set 27.5

Item: SRAM RAIL 50 27.5 AM alloy wheelset 15mm front, 142 x 12mm rear (XD) Location: Allambie Heights, Sydney Item Condition: Very good/excellent condition Reason for selling: Went to wider rims Price and price conditions: $400 - will not split Extra Info: full specs here...
  9. J

BC Bike Race 2016 - advice needed

hi folks. (have posted this in General MTB as well) I have committed to the 2016 BC Bike Race, which is going to mean a complete overhaul of my fitness/bike riding technique over the next 12 months. I am after any tips/advice from those who have ridden in the event in regards to terrain...
  10. J

BC Bike Race - any Aussie who have ridden it? Advice needed for 2016

hi folks. (have posted this in Fitness as well) I have committed to the 2016 BC Bike Race, which is going to mean a complete overhaul of my fitness/riding, etc.! I am after any tips/advice from those who have ridden in the event in regards to terrain, gearing advice, the climbs and anything...
  11. J

Trals in the Blaxland, Blue Mtns area?

Hi folks am heading to Blaxland for a family shindig Sunday week and keen to get a ride in while i am there. Are there any trails nearby that would keep me busy for a couple of hours - just general trail/XC stuff is all I am after. Any tips/advice would be great! Cheers JW
  12. J

Fork for SIR 9 (2012 model)

Looking for fork suggestions for my Niner SIR 9. It is currently running the Niner carbon fork, but i am keen to swap to squish up and would be looking for something that has/can be remotely locked out (via handlebar remote). Any and all suggestions welcome! Cheers, J
  13. J

Northern Beaches road training route - any suggestions?

Hi folks. Am keen to get some road miles into my legs (ride MTB and roadie) and am wondering if anybody has a road route based in/around the Northern Beaches they could suggest? I would be starting in the Allambie Heights area and probably heading north to make a big route but wondered if...
  14. J

Which MTB for enduro?

Hi folks. I am sure this is an age-old question but i am looking at trading my old 2003 Jekyll 800 and getting a new (or new-ish) bike for enduros. Have entered the Angry Doctor, Half Fling, Appin 400 and probably the new race down at Narooma (Escape from Cobra Mountain i think). Am looking...
  15. J

Cannondale suspension travel changes from 04 to 05?

Hi folks. A quick question: i have a 2003/4 Jekyll 800 which i believe has 4 inches of travel. Is it true that the 2005 models offered 5-inch travel? Cheers, Juz
  16. J

cannondale conundrum

Hi folks. I own a 2003 Jekyll 800 and am super keen to re-fit a Lefty shock (bought it off somebody who had ditched the Lefty). The question is: is it really worth it? Or am i better off searching for a secondhand Jekyll with Lefty already fitted? Funds are tight so cannot stump up for a...