Search results

1. macboy

Mt Evelyn trails?

I've been told there's some great trails up around Mt Evelyn that start pretty much from COG cafe on the Warby trail. I'm thinking I'll head up to ask the guys at COG for some info but before I do that does anyone here have any info or maps or Garmin data etc? Cheers, Davo.
  2. macboy

The post worlds 'Where to now?' question.

Just wondering what most guys are planning for their next 'big' event? Having had such along build up with months of training for the worlds I'm struggling to come up with ideas on what next? Not having the conditioning in my legs of more seasoned racers I'm not going to 'race' for the rest of...
  3. macboy

coloured mtb tyres?

I've done a search on here but can't find any info. Anyone know a place to find coloured mtb tyres? Coloured road tyres seem easy enough to find, just not mtb tyres? Cheers.
  4. macboy

Kona Mawson MTB Marathon

Hey guys, My mate and I are going to tackle the Kona Mawson Mtb Marathon in June. It looks pretty epic, especially if you add the Three Peak Challenge. We going to give the non-stop category a shot. http://www.bikesa.asn.au/servlet/Web?s=2060570&action=changePage&pageID=242178473 Any other...
  5. macboy

Endurance Duathlon?

I was telling my oldest brother about my exploits at the Kona with one of my other brothers in the pairs category. He's a keen long distance endurance runner. He mentioned he would like to do a Duathlon with me as a pair. I know of plenty of standard format dualthlons but I was wondering if...
  6. macboy

Bike fitting.

Hey guys, I live in Victoria and I'm looking at getting a bike fitting now that I'm getting more serious on the bike and putting in a lot more km's and I'm starting to get a few body issues. I've know that Total Rush offer bike fitting and also BikeCoach, has anyone used these guys or have any...
  7. macboy

Riding in Perth

Spending Chrissie and New Years in Perth with the in laws. Any Perth riders interested in heading out for a xc/trail ride?
  8. macboy

Scott seat post slipping.

Just wondering if there are other Scott riders out there who have had problems with their seat post slipping? I'm riding an alloy Scale and unless I do it up ridiculously tight with an allen key it slips. It's the same on my wife's Aspect. This is a pain in the arse if I need to lower seat to...
  9. macboy

Lysterfield full loop time?

Just wondering what's considered a reasonable time for a full lap of Lysterfield? I'm doing the full loop fairly regularly at the moment, that's all tracks including Comm Games(with the long hiarpins towards the end and the rock garden switchback) and Lower Blair Witch going anti clockwise(in...
  10. macboy

Most suitable tyre for Forrest?

I'm going to need some new tyres soon and I'm doing the Kona with my bro in November. I'm currently running Michelin XC All Terrain tyres and used them for the Odyssey and the Forrest 6 hour, I'm happy with them but was wondering if there is a tyre that people prefer for that area? Cheers.
  11. macboy

DH rider called Dan.

Hey guys, I was out at the Youies on Monday and had a stupid high speed stack on one of the rocky corners on the Junction track, I busted my collar bone. I walked back up to the Stockyards area where a DH rider called Dan gave me and my bike a lift back to my car at Drysdale road where my mate...
  12. macboy

Buying bike from overseas?

Has anyone tried buying a bike from the likes of Chain Reaction Cycles or Wiggle? They say that if you select the country of delivery in your settings you will only see products available for here. Any idea on possible customs charges? I've bought things off ebay from US, UK, Asia and never...
  13. macboy

24 solo on a hardtail?

Just wanting to find out what the general consensus is on doing a 24 solo on hardtail? I'm wanting to do the Kona this year but the plans on sorting myself an enduro daullie have been skuttled by the Head of the Fun Wrecking Committe (aka, the wife). So, firstly, Is doing it on hardtail a...
  14. macboy

Would you buy this? and how much?

Looking for a cheap 2nd hand duallie. I love my HT, super light etc, but I'm now tackling some enduros and my back gets super tired. Did the Forrest 6 hour and my back is just getting back to 100% now. My lbs has an old GT i-Drive, from looking at bikepedia the frame is a 2004 GT I-Drive 2.0...
  15. macboy

shipping to Melbuorne from Qld?

Has anyone shipped a bike either to or from Qld to Melbourne? If so, how much did it set you back?
  16. macboy

Brake suggestions.

I'm currently running Juicy 3.5's on my Scott Scale. Apparently the 3.5 model are the old Juicy 5 levers with Juicy 3 calipers. Anyway, I'm pretty fed up with them. They fade quick, they catch/rub all the time, especially after hits for some reason, and are basically too soft for what I want...
  17. macboy

Ordering from CRC?

Question? When ordering from CRC, if the product description has at the bottom 'Not available outside the EU' Can we still order them in Aus? I know this sounds silly but some of these policies are very hit and miss, sometimes you can sometimes you can't. A bit like customs inspections.
  18. macboy

Alex TD 24 OEM rims.

Ok, I have read the rim choice thread. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the weight of Alexrims TD 24 that come standard on many bikes (my Scale being one of the many). They don't sell them after market and I can't find specs on them. The reason being is that I'm looking into some lower end...
  19. macboy

Thoughts on riser bars to help back.

I'm 179cm tall but with shorter legs and longer upper body. I ride a medium frame Scott Scale. On long rides I've started to get a tired sore back and neck and my arms are usually at full reach. The Scale has flat bars so I lean quite a way forward. I'm thinking that a set of riser bars may...
  20. macboy

Anyone doing the Surfcoast 6hr tomorrow?

Anyone doing this event? I'll be entering with two mates and having a cruise on the 6. First race for the new bike. A bit scared of the night ride.