Search results

1. blue_muppet

VIC 2010 Giant Glory 00 with WC Boxxers $2000ono *SOLD*

*SOLD* Item: 2010 Giant Glory 00 (silver/blue) Location: Melbourne, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: Great condition. This bike has never been raced. I only ride it a handful of times a year! It has the usual cosmetic scratches that you can expect on a DH bike...
  2. blue_muppet

VIC 2010 Giant Faith *SOLD*

Hi All, For Sale: Small 2010 Giant Faith. It was bought off this forum a little while ago for my wife to ride on a trip we did to New Zealand. She rode it maybe a handful of times in the last year and half, so seen no hard work in the time we've had it. The bike is basically stock, except for...
  3. blue_muppet

VIC *found* Wanted: lightweight/carbon hard tail MTB

Hi All, My partner is looking for a new commuter / weekend bike. Lower weight is better. Smaller size is better, she's not very tall... Budget is realistic if the bike is right. Thanks.
  4. blue_muppet

NZ downhill trip video

Hi All, I'm one of Scott's buddies (James) from this NZ trip he has posted about. Anyway we got a bunch of handycam and GoPro footage whilst we were over there and my talented partner has put all this into a 20 minute production. Somehow I don't think we will have sponsors knocking on our...
  5. blue_muppet

Avid CR lever bushings worn out

Hi All, On the wife's Giant Faith, the Avid lever bushings seem to have worn out, and the lever has quite a bit of play with a tendency to move away from the handlebars. She doesn't have the longest fingers so I'm a bit worried that she won't be able to grab them in a hurry if she needs to...
  6. blue_muppet

Girls DH 'skills'/group rides around Melbourne?

Hi All, A while ago I saw on the Yarra Valley Cycles website they were going to run 'DH skills workshops' for girls but I sent them an email and nothing ever came of it. Does anyone know of similar days that focus on girls, either workshop format or organised group ride? Thanks
  7. blue_muppet

Queenstown NZ - temporary bike/baggage storage?

Hi All, Got an NZ trip planned for a few weeks of Jan/Feb next year - the first week is the Milford Track hike and the last 1.5 weeks or so will be sampling some gravity fed trails in and around the south island. We're going to have our hiking packs, regular baggage and possibly our downhill...
  8. blue_muppet

Commuting on an electric?

Hi All, I live about 30km out of Melb CBD and currently I drive half way and cycle in. There's a lot of hills my side of town and doing ~60km daily round trip commute by pushy is impractical 5 days a week when you work an office job, mainly from the amount of effort required. I started...
  9. blue_muppet

Goggles with speed display, GPS

check these puppies out http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/01/recon-zeal-transcend-goggles-now-shipping-gps-and-head-mounted/
  10. blue_muppet

good bike stores/servicing near Ringwood?

Hey All, Recently moved to Ringwood East... I need a good local bike store for getting my servicing done - roadie and an XC bike. I went to Bicycle Superstore in Nunawading but they didn't entirely fill me full of confidence when asking a couple of questions so I'm keen to see what else is...
  11. blue_muppet

'04 Norco Aline w/ gear - will suit new rider or ug from hardtail *SOLD*

SOLD Item: 2004 Norco Aline PLUS riding gear Location: Melbourne (inner) (will not post) Item Condition: Fairly good Reason for selling: Dont ride anymore & need the cash Price and price conditions: $1300 ono (the lot) Extra Info: SIZE: Small (im about 5,11 and found it fine) This bike is pretty...
  12. blue_muppet

WTB: Cross Country bike, <$1k

What: Cross Country Rig Price range/Willing to Pay: More than 500, less than 1000 Location: Melbourne Extra Info: After something similar or equivalent to a middle to upper range XTC in terms of components at least. Size: Small Pictures would be good. james.a.garner@gmail.com kthnxbye
  13. blue_muppet

.:SOLD:. FS: [Melb] Single Speed Demon

SOLD Item: Single Speed Commuter Location: Brunswick, Melbourne Item Condition: Very Good Reason for selling: Bought a roadie - dont ride it Price and price conditions: Accepting Offers, I will not post unless its really worth my time, so pickup preferred. Extra Info: Horizontal dropouts...
  14. blue_muppet

WTB: Cheap Roadie, possible swap for SS commuter

What: Cheapish Roadie for commuting Price range/Willing to Pay: <500 Location: Melbourne Extra Info: I currently ride a Single Speed for my commuting needs. Generally pretty happy, but I want a roadie for more speed and stuff. Id be willing to trade given the right circumstances.
  15. blue_muppet

Codecs - information / what to get

Ok, so I dont have a totally sweet vid to post, however I do have some information regarding codecs and what to use. In a lot of threads I see the question "What codec do I use", or someone simply saying "omg, it wont play, it's broken". For codecs, download ffdshow from here...
  16. blue_muppet

Changing front chainring on SS

Hey all, just a quick question from a newbie about single speeds. At the moment my front chainring is a 36, but I want to whack something larger on it (around a 44), as I am spinning it out too easy. However, if i go much bigger on the front, the chainring will come in contact with (or at least...
  17. blue_muppet

delete me

Bike found. Cheers to the great bloke named Skin.
  18. blue_muppet

VIC (RMIT Uni) - GT Avalanche 2.0

SECOND bike stolen from RMIT university in melbourne Bike: GT Avalanche 2.0 with discs Colour: Black / blue / white (like pic) Date it was stolen: 4/8/2005 in the evening Where it was stolen: RMIT Uni - Stolen from next to casey plaza lecture theatre Specs: 27 speed with alivio running...
  19. blue_muppet

maxxis xeniths in the wet

Just a quick Q, they have no tread, and appear super slick. Before i put a set of these on my commuter, has anyone had any trouble with them in the wet (wet road/light rain)?
  20. blue_muppet

SOLD: 04 Norco Manik (M)

Item: 2004 medium Norco Manik hardtail Location: Melbourne, Brunswick, 3056. prefer local sale. Condition: Very Good. Less than 12 months old. Usual shuttle scratches and cable rub. Reason: upgrading to dualie Price: 1000 ono (will not seperate) Extra info: -Forks recently serviced...