Search results

1. M

Downhill world championships: Pick the winning time and win a prize

The cameras ability to catch the action was severely limited by the track being so tightly hemmed in by rainforest on both sides. There was virtually no opportunity for creative camera angles, overhead shots or anything else that might be visually interesting. I saw a number of the cameramen...
  2. M

Trance X rear shock options - advice appreciated!

I actually did some playing around during the rebuild while the shock was off the bike and found exactly what you described. I drilled a piece of ply to simulate the 190mm spacing and attempted to fit it as a test, however with the linkage at full extension it was about a mm too short. Took...
  3. M

Schred I'll admit I didn't take a close look at your link until just now - house renovations etc going on, been a bit busy. Clicking around further, PlanetX/On-One have brand new RT3's pretty damn cheap. They give the option of a "Direct Interface Shock Bush" version for around 50 Euro cheaper...
  4. M

The cost of the shock plus the service/tune would work out around $230-250 so not as bad as it would probably sound. That being said, Monarchs (especially when fitted with the Debonair can) have a lot of appeal. Available in the right size, easy to tune and service and lots of good feedback...
  5. M

Thanks for all the advice so far. I was leaning away from this one to be honest, as it doesn't look to be too different to what I have now (in terms of adjustability at least) anyway. Seeing as I have a Trance with plenty of movement around the top of the shock, I think I'll give this a miss...
  6. M

Hi all, I have a 2008 Trance X2 which I have recently rebuilt and plan to keep riding for quite a while yet. It’s still running the original shock (Fox Float R) which I have always wanted to upgrade but the unique size (184x44/7.25"x1.75") has made that difficult. Pretty much anything would...
  7. M

NSW SOLD Giant trance X1 duallie 26'

Wow that's interesting, I figured that the taper 'profile' (for want of a better word) was universal regardless of fork but seems that not necessarily the case. Before going ahead I had read about plenty of instances where people had done what I have done, so wasn't expecting it not to fit...
  8. M

Being ZS44mm head tubes, you can fit a suitable external lower bearing cup to these frames and use a tapered fork. I just did it to mine which is the exact same frame ('08 X2). If Jebbs can't find the top race/bearing, the bottom one could then just be transferred to the top instead. I...
  9. M

If you don't get any takers and are prepared to split, let me know. Would be interested in the shock, hanger and some pivot bolts. I'm in Brisbane, so I don't think postage of the entire frame would be worthwhile. Cheers, Matt
  10. M

Found Shimano brake lever/s

Hey mate, Mine looks like this, except the silver lever is bent upwards. Also doesn't have the brake reservoir cover, so I figured if you had the same model you could just swap those parts over. Otherwise it may not be of much use to you.
  11. M

Found Shimano brake lever/s

Which exact XT model are you after? I have a spare M775 one, has a bent lever but you could swap that with your existing one no dramas.
  12. M

Epic bearing removal fail - HELP!

You mean something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf1jUhjYiIg I just ordered a set for my Trance (6902, 6900 and 6802), they should be here next week. They come from Taiwan, cost is US$13 per tool, plus US$34 postage. So total cost for me was US$73, I think that converted to...
  13. M

Trance shock pivot bolt stuck - advice please

Yeah I'd never heard of it before either, now that I have some I'm sure it will come in handy again some time. F&R is made by Loctite, there's another similar product out there called 'Freeze Your Nuts'. (Probably made by the same company that makes 'Start Ya Bastard' spray.) The guy in...
  14. M

Tek if you are ever in Brissy I owe you a beer mate, the Freeze and Release worked perfectly and the bolt is out. Still needed some good hard whacks but I was a happy chappy when it started to move! Thankfully there were no signs of the expected corrosion and the bolt is still in good usable...
  15. M

Was wondering whether temperature-related techniques would be the next thing to try. Everyone I have spoken to has warned me away from using heat though (although they are probably thinking of heat applied by a torch rather than a heat gun) so I'll probably start with the freeze and release.
  16. M

Hey all, I have been stripping down my '08 Trance for a rebuild and have run into a problem trying to remove the lower shock bolt. (Indicated by the silver pick tool in the picture below.) I have been trying everything I can to get this sucker out but it is stuck fast. Admittedly it...
  17. M

FOUND QLD - 2015 Giant Trance 27.5 2

Damn, I've started parking and entering there a fair bit lately as it's closer to where I live now. Used to park at the duckpond all the time prior to that. Didn't know about any dodgy behaviour but I guess it is fairly isolated, will be wary. I tend to go in there first thing in the morning...
  18. M

FOUND QLD - 2015 Giant Trance 27.5 2

So glad you got you rig back champ, what a great outcome. Guess they call it 'scumtree' for a reason! On another note, was your first photo taken at the entrance to Stonehenge at Daisy?
  19. M

QLD SOLD: Fox F120R 26" fork - 249mm straight steerer!

Item: 2008 Fox F120R 32 fork, 26" Location: Wakerley, Brisbane Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Upgraded Price and price conditions: $220 Extra Info: Originally fitted to 2008 Trance X2. In very good condition, stanchions totally unmarked and a few superficial marks on the...