Search results

1. curlysurfer

PF30 BB facing and reaming tool

Thanks RB, but I've gotten a bit of distortion from the welding, 0.35mm out of round, and they come undersize purely for reaming after welding.
  2. curlysurfer

PF30 BB facing and reaming tool

Hi folks, Does anyone have or know of a shop that has the tool listed above? I'm building 2 frames from scratch, and that's the only ream I don't have access too, albeit without forking out 1 kidney from my firstborn. Last resort will be to have them set up in a mill and bore them out. I'm...
  3. curlysurfer

VIC Garage sale - Close enough to all SOLD

Wheel arrived safe n sound, cheer Planko hopefully one day I'll post up the building of the Howler!
  4. curlysurfer

fox 32 lowers plus 15mm axle - 29er

my forks lost the brake post mounts and the axle when it fell of the ute. what have you got, appearance no probs, condition of 'good' would be nice though. the forks are a 2013 fox float 29er Cheers Rob
  5. curlysurfer

Riding Around Avoca Beach

Ourimbah, has a pretty good technical XC loop, with a few options, about 25mins drive from Avoca. Check CCOMTB.com.au for location maps etc There's a bit at Kincumber, Macmasters, Bensville too, but don't know exact ride starts/loops
  6. curlysurfer

Snowies MTB Festival

I should note that ecocrackenback have pointed out the 15% discount applies from 1/1/2015 through to 2/4/2015. It's a pretty cool place 5k's from the Snowie MTB event, 10k's from Jindy, and a short stroll (300m) to Wild Brumby Distillery
  7. curlysurfer

Snowies MTB Festival

http://www.tre-x.com.au/Event-Info-Snowies-MTB.php OK guys and girls, for anyone that is heading down to this event, and would like a discount on accommodation, when you check into ecocrackenback, using the voucher >>>>> ECOMTB <<<<< will get you 15% off. Apologies to the Mods...
  8. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

^^^^^^ correct me if I'm wrong, some of my mates were thinking the same thing for our trip, but I think hire rates are around $1/k Just found a buy back scheme from one of the tour companies, my pockets aren't that deep
  9. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

fucked if I'd let my young punk nephew ride one of my bikes 4000k's XR400/DRZ400 with a second set of motard wheels. the best all round bike for your four points above. the bloke with the irrational wife has a point on gear. $3k Faaaarrrk did you shop with Klim gear helmet boots all...
  10. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

How much money do we have to spend? That'll narrow the field.
  11. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

i'm adding to this thread as I came off a KTM 250 exc 2 banger, 1st dirt bike. pretty damn steep learning curve to riding. offloaded that after 18months riding and a tibia plateau break, and got the little white pig. XR400. More of a tractor, better torque curve (not peaky) That advrider...
  12. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

I reckon riding an Erzberg/Romaniacs bike would be like shagging a Bat Shit Crazy chick. Fun for a while...... + the bikes winning those races would need a couple team mechanics to follow them along the Canning Stock route. Highly strung race bikes, not forgiving, need an ass made of Titanium...
  13. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

I take it that was for the DRZ400S ad... Looks to me like a touring rider not a weekend throttle twister. and less of a shot in the dark than buying from ebay. I would think those 24,000 k were pretty gentle. as in I don't think he's had it over a set of doubles. Plus, the price is same as a...
  14. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

DRZ400 ready to go anywhere Hey Urban, you may be interested in this. nothing more to spend. http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20368911&postcount=41 cheers Rob
  15. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

Sorry for your dislike of Toyota's. If you listened to every opinion of everything, nothing would be worth buying. Many things have their weakpoints. I could go on with a barrage of hatred, but. will. manage. to. rise. above. Back on topic.........there was an XR400 in this years Dakar...
  16. curlysurfer

Moto L's and bike choice

DRZ400E choice of bike for most of the tour companies. XR400, the toyota hilux of bikes Bit of light reading about XR400's, and a great site to help research the cape/simpson/adventure riding upgrade the seat via seatconcepts.com sold in australia through adventuremoto.com.au best...
  17. curlysurfer

Fire rakes at Bunnings ------ $70

I got my load of junk mail the other day and the Bunnings cattledog has them stocked. Tried to find an online link, but didn't have an adult look. anyways they're $70 ea
  18. curlysurfer

A 2.7kg road bike?!

too many spokes, and they have J bends. spoke nipples too long. headset topcap, get rid of that. gears, gone. shave tread off tyres. remove all logos. :roll: I've dropped things in the toilet heavier than that. Much respect to the builder and time put into building such a weapon!
  19. curlysurfer

Ourimbah XC maintenance - pre Round #1

maintenance on Sunday Hi Folks, we're on again for Sunday, see trail maintenance thread for more info. ccomtb website is down temporarily. cheers Rob
  20. curlysurfer

Ourimbah XC maintenance - pre Round #1

Trail Maintenance Sunday - 11-3. Hi there you farking farkers. XC round #2 is on the 18th, and for this to be fun the trail needs some work. So on Sunday, same as downhill round #2 we would like for everyone to give a hand on the worst sections. The sections to be worked on are the entry...