Search results

1. metrics

Kinross Forest, Orange - Tips for a visitor?

Hi all, Heading out to Orange next week for work and going to get a pedal in during some downtime. I've had a look at the Central West clubs site and I've worked out where the Kinross Forest trails are, but any hints for someone who hasn't been before? Are the trails signposted? Any select...
  2. metrics

SOLD - Full Highland Fling Entry For Sale

Hi all, I've got a spare Full Highland Fling entry available for sale due to an injury (not me). Retail price. Reply to the thread for details.
  3. metrics

Totally Over Magpies

So, yesterday I headed out to Mt Annan to ride the XC track at the Botanical Gardens. I caught a train out to Campbelltown and rode over to my parents place who live in Mt Annan and met up with a mate there. On the way, at Kurrajong Cct (for those who know the area)I started getting swooped by a...
  4. metrics

Royal National Park Coverage in Leader Community Paper

Hi all, Just a heads up that there is an article in the St George and Sutherland Shire leader newspaper on the trail work and development future of the Royal National Park trails. Big article on the third page which you can also read here. Some fairly good coverage with only a little bit of...
  5. metrics

Fox F32 F100 2009 Crush Washers

Hi all, It's my first time servicing suspension forks and I'm going to replace the oil in my Fox 32 F100 fork (because I love pulling stuff apart). After reading a few how-to's, they all mention crush washers that are located underneath the nuts on the bottom of the forks. However, the forks...
  6. metrics

Rear Derailleur B-Screw

Hi all, Just got a new '09 Anthem X1 (which rides beautifully) and was adjusting the rear derailleur (XT). I was wondering if anyone has some advice as to setting the B screw. Park tools recommend http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=64 adjusting based on distance to the large cog...
  7. metrics

Getting Started...Trying to Choose (Malvern Star Mockery Within)

Hey all, I'm looking at getting into some XC riding and some basic single trail type stuff. Looking originally to spend about $800 but now I've "adjusted" this to about $1200. I've been trawling these forums for advice and recommendations etc. on bike choice. Here are some of my choices...