Search results

1. T

2012 Mont 24hr

Pleeeeeease None of my team mates wish to ride this time around :( Anyone looking for a team member (male over 40) beg… beg… :pray2: PM me!
  2. T

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Teams 40+ Any answer to the query re Teams 40+? Has the average age of the team been ditched? :(
  3. T

2011 MONT 24hr gpx course file

Latest version of .gpx file Last update of the loop out there: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/277815 As others have said this will not necessarily be the exact loop for the 24 hour event, but I am guessing a fair bit of it will be. The loop is pretty well marked out now - follow blue...
  4. T

Are you nuts? Well, you could ride on a uni-cycle I guess, but it boils down to how comfortable you do not wish to be…. The track is not smooth due to not being ‘run in’ enough. Yes, not technical, or that hilly, but enough bumps to keep your a$$ and arms pumped… :eek: I assume you have...
  5. T

For those with a GPS and wish to find the MONT 24hr course: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/271214 Note that the route was ridden on Australia Day as a CORC social ride. The course is not quite finished yet and some of the last sections were ridden in reverse to finish. I will do my best to...
  6. T

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Tooooooooooo small Yup, my order of nicks and jersey, both size M are too small. Anyone want to swap for a large? I knew this would happen.... I must be a fat bastard after all... :(
  7. T

Stromlo Closed Too

Forget it Anyone riding in any of the ACT MTB parks should be caught and shot on sight. :eek: It's a bog fest out there, riding on it will only make things worse. It is the most rain that has fallen out of the heavens for more than 10 years. I cannot imagine Stromlo open for business before mid...
  8. T

garmin edge 500

Edge 800 Garmin Edge 800. End of story. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/08/garmin-edge-800-in-depth-first-look.html
  9. T

1 x 9 setups

Stalled I currently run a 1 x 9 setup on my s-works Stump Jumper using a Widget up front. There is a bit of chain rub on the guides but not too bad. Chain keeps on just fine. I am using a chopped down set of XTR cranks - looks a little ugly... (hack-sawed off the non standard chain ring bolt...
  10. T

Have I shrunk? A question re the kit sizing: I usually take a size Large (male) for nearly all my jerseys and knicks. For the first time I put a tape measure over my chest/gut/hips and the chart seems to tell me size M or even nudging a S! Was I a fat bastard and lost weight during the...
  11. T

Single Chainring & Guide all in one unit....

1 x 10 dilemma OK. I am interested in the above setup (1 x 10 though) but not sure exactly how it works. Where does the inner guide bolt onto? The guides are both 104mm BCD? What cranks and chainring are being used? Could this setup deliver an adequate chainline for a 10 speed cassette...
  12. T

Online Results Try this for the soloists http://www.castech.com.au/Results/Comp/World_Solo_2010?View=List And this for teams: http://www.castech.com.au/Results/Comp/World_Solo_2010?View=List
  13. T

22.5 hours Hmmm, with that reasoning I can only ride for 22.5 hours... :)
  14. T

24, 23.75 & 23.5 hours I paid $400 for a 24 hour race, not 23.75 hours. Surely the timing system can handle 3 different finishing times? I am sure modern chip timing systems would be capable of this? It may sound like nitpicking but time is everything. No comparisons will able to be made...
  15. T

Pit row set up? Sorry, I've tried to find on the website but my eyes are now square with fatigue... :) When can Solo riders setup their pit areas? Thursday?
  16. T

Only 23 hours and 45 minutes riding? Not sure if I have got this correct: Solo Elite start 1145am, and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day (ie 24 hours minus 1 second...), but: Solo Age categories start 1200noon and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day? Why do Age...
  17. T

Jet Black 12 hours

Mr Endo Yup, that fool was me. I was totally tangled up in the bike whilst it was on top of me and I had some music in my ears so that probably made me look a bit rude since I could not hear... sorry... Still licking my wounds at home.... :o
  18. T

1x9 options

Poor Mans 1 x 9 I have the widgit dot com dot au setup: (30T attached to granny ring position) Note that my old XTR cranks had to be chopped down a bit (ie shortened the spider arms, the middle and large rings do not share the same attachment...) Looks a little bit untidy, but seems to...
  19. T

NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Fish & Chips It was a damn cold start all right! But yes after the first hill after finishing the first lap I am sure we all warmed up just fine (I did). This is only the second time I have ridden at Yellowmundee and find it a little tricky (my poor skill...) in a couple of spots forcing me...
  20. T

2010 Angry Doctor

Full FULL as at 2.50pm today. Incredible. "Angry Doctor 100K FULL AUD 140.00 Irate Intern 50K FULL AUD 105.00 Nasty Nurse Prologue AUD 20.00"