Search results

1. F

Transporting 8 bikes in Rotorua

Did roto with 8 one year, we did the following - flew into roto, shuttle from airport, hired an older van from Rent a dent for our trips to Taupo (with trailer), maxi taxi to go out to dinners, etc... split 8 ways was cheapest option..
  2. F

Parking @ Syd airport

doing similar trip in October, staying at ibis budget at domestic terminal(8 min walk) - $120 and $25 a day extra parking.. cheapest option for us as 3hrs south of Sydney.
  3. F

Intense Carbine 29er

re carbine I purchased said bike in XL from Stu @ DEFCON in july. I have a stevens hardtail and a jet 9rdo and needed a bike to make the nz trip and Thredbo trips more enjoyable. well, the carbine is great for what I want it to do. procrastinated for ages over the stumpjumper, hightower, sb5.5...
  4. F

Rotorua Shuttles

shuttles Hi, yes been before and fully aware of the shuttle service, but we are doing a private shuttle for 4 hrs to do the runs we want to, just looking for a few more guys to get the cost down, have a 29 seat bus with 8 guys..
  5. F

Rotorua Shuttles

shuttles Ok, looks like we are doing Friday 13th March, if you are in rotorua and want to join us, drop a line.
  6. F

Rotorua Shuttles

Hi all, A group of 7 (maybe 8) going to Rotorua on 10th March 2015 through to 17th March and looking at doing a couple of days of shuttles(private). If anyone is going to be there at the same time and interested in sharing in the cost, the more the cheaper.... drop me a line and we will look at...
  7. F

XC wheels - recomemndations/suggestions?

TWE all the way I have a race set of TWE xc wheels that greg built up for my daughter(50kg girl) , the wheels are super light and have not mised a beat... I highly recommend him, all though he is at times hard to get hold of.
  8. F

NSW State XC Championships

Rode the track (as per map on website) yesterday, a fair bit of fire road... Single track was good but a bit wet down in the creek area and on the flat off Tallowwood... came across a big slithery fella at where the event centre will be, hope not to see him again!! Where will car parking...
  9. F

JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2011

Hi guys, first time at this event...can you tell me if there is food, coffee, etc on the Friday night? or is there somewhere near by where you can grab a feed?? just curious.. any assistance is appreciated
  10. F

World Marathon Championship start list

"MTBA need to realise that it is their job to give the sport structure and help its development. This won't happen unless they build a structure that asists riders to develop from fast juniors into elite seniors" Here, here brother!!!!
  11. F

World Marathon Championship start list

Maybe the powers that be decided that no Aussie Champ would be upto the standard and decided not to send them(sparing them the humiliation of defeat)? Seems to be the case with a certain xco division for Worlds!! My 2bobs worth.
  12. F

Round One 2010/2011 National Series Illinbah CANCELLED

+1, + accom booked through wotif (non-refundable) and hire car..... very costly exercise,!
  13. F

2010 Angry Doctor

Hi All, I didnt do my doe at the Doctor(but i did at the CP), and I rode most of the course 2 weeks ago at MOGO- but i feel for everyone....BUT, I live at Ulladulla and our mtb tracks are all gone as well..BUT more so our town got smashed....and now it is pissing down with rain so all those...
  14. F

Shack Attack 6hour at Coondoo

I totally agree.. a well organised race that was very casual in atmosphere and friendly and courteous folk out on the track. All the little folk were great out there and the hotshots were more friendly than usual, no sheep stations at stake for this event!! I was very impressed at the amount of...
  15. F

Nationals 2011 dates?

Five Nat series races + Champs... Big year of travel by the look of things!! Can I ask where this info came from?
  16. F

Western Sydney Regional Park

I did the M7 on mtb recenty from Prestons end. I found some single track off to the east (which only lasted about a klm then came to a suburb, then about another k up m7 another.. both fun to ride. then i went to the west on one of the bike/walk overpasses and found a track that slogged up to...
  17. F

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

I must have been out at the same time as this young guy flew past me and another guy in a very dangerous manner, with no communications.....dipshit!!
  18. F

Would you buy a Malvern Star?

Azzuri I just purchased an AZZURI Imperia, full Ultegra SL groupset with Mavic Aksium wheels, Alu frame with carbon rear end and forks. Price $2k.. Works just fine for me.. Pretty sure you can't get an Ultegra spec bike for this price. Have a shop around on Bike exchange, some great deals...
  19. F

Wheels wheels wheels!

wheels I'm with craigl, TWE wheels are great.. Greg has more knowledge regarding wheels than anyone around! He built a set up for my daughter (1440g) (she is 52kg) and they are the ducks guts. When i put them on her race bike she is overwhelmed at the difference in weight from her xt wheels...
  20. F

The Most Underrated Bike Companys

Fuji Just purchased my daughter a Fuji mtb... Full XT spec with Ritchey bit and Sid race forks, with race wheels come down to just on 8kg. She liikes it, and didnt break the bank, about minimum of $1500 less than any other xt spec hardtail race bike.