Search results

1. S

Which tyre on the front?

Yeah definitely. I can't be bothered changing my tyres to suit the trail I'm gonna ride that day. I used to ride the anthem for the milder trails and the reign when I wanna get a bit looser but just find I have way more fun on the reign regardless of which trail I ride. So the anthem is...
  2. S

Which tyre on the front?

The HR2 and DHF came with the bike. I liked the way they grip. I run ardents on my anthem which gives plenty enough grip, but seem to just use my reign as my go to bike to ride trails from oaks to stromlo and ourimbah now a days.
  3. S

Which tyre on the front?

I currently run a High roller 2 3C front and a DHF 3C rear. I'm keen to try the DHF out front. Will the harder compound DHF out front feel weird if the soft compound DHR2 is on the rear or is tread wear the main issue? A bit pedantic I know...
  4. S

Which tyre on the front?

Hey guys, I've bought a minion DHF in dual compound and a minion DHR2 in 3c max terra compound. I've been reading that both can be used as a front or rear tyre. I'm wondering if the better compound DHR2 should go on the front or stick with the DHF for the front? This is on a 2015 Giant Reign...
  5. S

Appin xc

What happened to the bridge?!? Love that section.
  6. S

Appin xc

Hey guys, has anyone ridden the Appin xc trail lately? I haven't ridden there in a while and last I heard, we weren't too welcome to ride there.
  7. S

Appin xc

Hey guys, has anyone ridden the Appin xc trail lately? I haven't ridden there in a while and last I heard, we weren't too welcome to ride there.
  8. S

Norco Sight/ Giant Trance vs Norco Range/ Giant Reign

So I took the bike on its first ride at kentlyn. I did the rock xc trail. You definitely feel the added weight and suspension through the trail. My anthem is defiantely faster. I then took the reign through the surrounding trails and it was so much more fun and playful then the anthem...
  9. S

Official kentlyn thread

Thanks mate
  10. S

Official kentlyn thread

Thanks mtboer. Will the crank it trail be fine to ride as well?
  11. S

Official kentlyn thread

Has anyone ridden kentlyn in the last few days with the rain on and off? I'm itching for a ride but don't wanna tear up the trai if it's too muddy.
  12. S

So after throwing a leg over both the trance and reign (only parking lot which isnt a great indication), i decided i'd be happy with either. There are no more Giant reign 2's left in australia in small, which is what i wanted, but I was able to get a Reign Advanced 1 for heaps cheaper than...
  13. S

I'm off to check out all these bikes on Monday. The Remedy and stumpy look good. The Trance looks good too, but I kinda wanna try another brand as all I've owned are giants. I do think I'll stick to the 140mm travel bikes.
  14. S

Thanks for the replies. I talked to the LBS this arvo and he told me the 2016 norco's should start coming out juneish. He'll grab me a demo of both Sight and Range and ill see which one I like more. Im in no hurry anyway.
  15. S

The Range seems like a lot of bike for what i'll be using it for at the moment, but I don't want to get the Sight and in 6 months time regret it when i'm hitting the downs a lot harder which is what happened when i got the Anthem. I also don't want to be struggling riding up the causeway at...
  16. S

Hey guys, I currently ride a 2012 Anthem X 29er 0 and am looking at upgrading. I often ride Appin, Kentlyn, The Oaks, Lake Parramatta, Wylde Mountain bike park, Yellowmundee and ride Mt Stromlo once a year when i can make it down there. I often bottom out the travel on my Anthem and...
  17. S

SS commuting in a hilly area?

Pretty much what sedifus said. Im running 32/16 on a 26er and the hills generally dont bother me as long as i keep the speed up rolling into the hill.
  18. S

Boot-mount bike carrier... Thought's?

I have this one: http://www.saris.com/bike-racks/vehicle-racks/trunk-racks/bones-3-bike.html It does the job and the bikes are very stable on the rack as long as you have the straps correctly installed. Dont bother with a boot mount rack if your anal about your paint or have black...
  19. S

which grips for AM/XC

ODI rogues are the ones to get if you like chunkier grips...
  20. S

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

I just put a giant contact dropper on my anthem and did a couple rides with it on (lake parra, appin, manly dam). I didn't notice the weight difference, I was just as capable without one but found that with the dropper on, the rides were a lot more fun.