Search results

1. S

Paterson Kona 24 Hour - May 21/22, 2011.

oops - that bit was obviously meant to be a quote...
  2. S

I have no idea what Ross is going to do with his time now... hopefully you can all get him back on his bike a bit more, because I'm pretty sure there's no way he could have done 24hrs at Pato (actually... so far no one has managed to go a full 24 hours on that course... sounds like a challenge...
  3. S

View from the crew Mrs Pi11wizard here. Thank you so much to everyone who came to the Pato, and made the event what it was. Ross and I are just sitting here mentally unpacking it, and the number one thing that stands out to us that made it a success was just how excellent everyone who attended...
  4. S

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Yo. For anyone interested, I am blogging updates to pi11wizard/the unknown rider's blog every lap. He is still looking really strong, and we are on the home stretch to dawn. Chech it out at pi11wizard.wordpress.com if you want to join me in the pits. The unknown wife
  5. S

Ourimbah / Central Coast Ladies?

heya, would be great to have her along to the chicks rides - and i am sure that through the girl's network she will be able to find some other locals to ride with. it might take a little while for the network to get bedded in, but there are so many girls keen and so much interest that...
  6. S

newcastle women's ride network

first ride out the inaugural newcastle girl's ride is going to take place this coming sunday at 8am, meeting at the gunclub road entrance to glenrock. if you want to come along, just feel free to rock on up. hopefully we will get a few people. and i am thinking of bringing scones and tea or...
  7. S

Girls in the Newcastle area?

girl's ride this sunday hi folks, the inaugural newcastle girl's ride is going to take place this coming sunday at 8am, meeting at the gunclub road entrance to glenrock. if you want to come along, just feel free to rock on up. hopefully we will get a few people. and i am thinking of bringing...
  8. S

sammydog, if you think she might be keen, we would love for her to join us on the trails. the first group ride is looking at happening on 10 january 2010. will send through more details when they are confirmed. :)
  9. S

clipless pedals

update to this thread: am totally glad i went clipless. these days, i barely think about clipping out. i can get out in an emergency almost every time, and it means you are committed to the bike a whole lot more. if in doubt, do it. it might take a bit longer to learn/get used to. but it's good.
  10. S

ok, so we now have a facebook page and a blog, with a tentative first ride date of jan 10 2010.
  11. S

hey newie girls, at pikeycentralcoast's suggestion, i have started a facebook group for the hunter women ride network. hopefully it will prove to be a good way to organise rides etc. cheers.
  12. S

Awaba Pump Track

it's true. i am not asking for him back. you can have him. can you imagine the signs we would have around the house if he didn't have awaba for an outlet? good thing no one ever gave the boy a label maker.
  13. S

Awaba Pump Track

as his wife, i can verify the truth of this statement.
  14. S

Ourimbah / Central Coast Ladies?

hey pikey, i am starting a women's ride network in newcastle, but i am sure we will do some rides down in awaba too. maybe pm me your details, and i will add you to the group. and hopefully we can hook up some social rides in your end of the world, or you can come and join us for some rides...
  15. S

hi folks, i have recently started to realise that there are heaps of chicks that actually ride in newie - we just don't know one another, and so there is no strong network of girls who ride. and because girls ride differently to guys, it would be great to get a girl's ride network going...
  16. S

newcastle women's ride network hey everyone, today i took out one of my mates into glenrock today, and it was great fun. girls really do ride differently! and it really stood out to me that we need to start a girl's ride network in newcastle. there are actually heaps of us girls who ride -...
  17. S

hi katt! sorry - haven't been on here in a little while. does anyone want to organise a chick's ride in newie sometime, maybe around glenrock?
  18. S

Who's entered the Mont?

i have never raced before either. ay carumba.
  19. S

women only events?

heya bell, the ladies' events that i mentioned at the start of this thread - the triathlons run for women only - are designed with the absolute emphasis that it's for newbies to get into the sport - so there are all sorts of people who have the same sorts of fears you do. experienced triathletes...
  20. S

women only events?

megs, i think they are happening in certain areas, but i am not sure whether they are across the board. i am not aware of any in my local area. that doesn't mean they are not happening, but if they are, i haven't heard of them. and i suppose that is part of the problem.