Search results

1. ---Matt---

Gisborne (Hobbs Rd) Planned Burn

I just had a chat with our friendly local park ranger and he told me that FFMV are planning to commence the second planned burn tomorrow. It will affect the south end of Hobbs Rd and is expected to take a few days to cool, followed by tree safety assessments. I'd suggest steering clear of the...
  2. ---Matt---

CCDB Changes over the years

Can anyone point me in the direction of changes/improvements made to the Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock, especially over the last few years? I can't find anything post 2010 apart from some labeling changes. I'm contemplating buying one 2nd hand to replace an old Fox DHX5 but would like to...
  3. ---Matt---

DH Home Made - DH4 - Now with Gearbox!

Now with Alfine 8spd hub HERE So, here's the latest addition to the family! This is DH MK4 (frame number 9) and it has been a long time coming. While it's not the prettiest bike out there, everything is done for a reason! The bike was designed around what I like in a bike as well...
  4. ---Matt---

STOLEN VIC - 2007 Scott Scale 40

This bike was my mates. The bike should be pretty obvious to those who know anything about bikes. The frame has previously been repaired by Grip sport with a big unpainted gusset on the drive side chainstay/dropout. Bike: 2007 Scott Scale 40 Colour: Red Date it was stolen: 4/4/12...
  5. ---Matt---

Google Maps 8-bit for NES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rznYifPHxDg I want it! Who's still got their old NES? And for those who want to try before they buy... CLICK HERE
  6. ---Matt---

More Canberra World Champs Pics

Hey guys, These are my best pics from the weekend. There are more in my album here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/photo/showgallery.php/ppuser/4758/cat/500
  7. ---Matt---

Home Made - HT Mk4

This is Mk4 of our hardtails and it's by far the best one we've made yet. I've been riding it for about a month now and it seems to be exactly the right size and geometry. It's the first time I've run any of my bikes single speed and so far I'm loving it. The bike weighs in at 13kg on the dot...
  8. ---Matt---

Photo Gallery Upload Troubles

Hey guys, I'm having trouble uploading photos to the photo gallery. It seems to upload but doesn't go to the 2nd screen to name the pics. I've tried it on a couple different PC's with both Firefox and IE (6 and 8) but still have the same trouble. It looks like the last photo was uploaded...
  9. ---Matt---

FOUND 2007 Specialized P.3

Hey guys, Not sure if this is actually stolen but there's an '07 Specialized P.3 for sale in Cash Converters, Moonee Ponds. There weren't many defining features other than the tyres... Front: Maxxis Larsen Rear: Tioga Yellow Kirin Here's what it looks like... Hope this helps...
  10. ---Matt---

Riders in Moonee Valley, VIC

Hey everyone! In the last week or so you would have received a newsletter from the Moonee Valley council and attached to it would have been an "Open Space Strategy" survey. PLEASE FILL THIS IN AND SEND IT BACK. This is our chance to be heard and maybe, just maybe, if enough of us put in...
  11. ---Matt---

Kowa-Bunga!

Sorry about the title, I had to :D and normally I wouldn't put up another post of the same bike but with this new suspension it really feels like a new one! Firstly a pic of the new Kowa 160Ss: I've only had the forks for a short time and haven't really had much of a chance to give...
  12. ---Matt---

Home Made - 4.5" Playbike - NOW 5.5in with DHX-Air!!!

Click here for the most recent update ------------------------------------------------------- Action shots are at the bottom! Well we finally managed to do it successfully! We've been working on this bike for around 12 months now and most of it was on the design but it's finished and I...
  13. ---Matt---

Post OUR Rides

It's too hot to ride so I'll post this up for anyone interested. It's from the Mt Buller opening couple days which happened to be awesome fun and I can't wait to get back out there. It's 3 of the bikes Benj and I have made that are currently in service and being ridden by Myself, Wkkie and...
  14. ---Matt---

National Ride to Work Day

Anyone doing it? I am... I reckon it's a good incentive to get me (and others for that matter) off my ass and get out there. Here's a link to the official website: http://ride2work.bv.com.au/
  15. ---Matt---

Threesome anybody?

Here's my latest collection. I just got my hardtail back from being powder coated (thanks Grip!) and also picked up a trials bike recently so I wanted to show them off. So here they are from smallest to largest: Echo Pure Frame: Echo Pure Forks: Zhi Cranks: Echo Forged ISIS 170mm Bash...
  16. ---Matt---

Anyone in Whistler at the moment?

Hey guys, I'll be riding Whistler for 3 days as of the 20th of June and was just wondering if anyone is there at the moment who could show me around? I'll be up there on my own so if anyone can help out, it'd be greatly appreciated! Cheers, ---Matt---
  17. ---Matt---

White Industries and Profile Hubs Info?

Hi guys, I'm after a new rear hub that I'll be using it for street and DJ. Just wondering what information people have about the White Industries M16 and the Profile Racing hubs. I'm after something reasonably light weight with strong engagements and preferably lots of them! The White...
  18. ---Matt---

Frame Building 101

UPDATE: Just finished another frame - See post #107 Hey everyone, It seems that every time we (Benj and myself) post up a new frame we get the same questions regarding the design/construction process so, now that I'm about to build another frame I thought I'd post this up. Firstly I'd like to...
  19. ---Matt---

Newest addition - Home Made Mk2

Hey guys, Following on from this bike this is the 2nd bike I've put together (with the help of Benj) and I'm really happy with how it's come out. It's going to be WKKIE's bike and hopefully he'll race it at the nationals in DH and 4X!!! :eek: It does look like a cross breed between a DMR...
  20. ---Matt---

Differences in damping between DHX Air and Float RP23

Hi Guys, I'm in the process of designing a 4" - 5" dually and I'm currently looking at shock ratios. I've noticed that DH bikes tend to have a 3:1, and up to a 4:1 ratio whereas XC bikes tend to have a 2:1. Basically, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows if the damping is set differently...