Search results

1. A

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

Hello fellow Rotorburn-ers. I may OR MAY NOT (you don't know) be thinking of opening a bike shop. Let's presume money isn't in the millions but the bike range is outstanding. What do you want to see in a shop? Thinking outside the square. Answers even like 'a tv and a couch' i don't mind...
  2. A

Carbon vs Alloy + advice on a new bike (not your normal thread)

Hey rotor burners, I recently bought a 12' Devinci Wilson XP and to be honest i'm sick of the limited adjustment in the forks and shock.. theres also a few other things i hate about spec. I came off a TLD Demo 8 (which is for sale in the for sale section) which is top spec. I don't want my...
  3. A

New DH bike, opinions needed

Okay so as you all know i've had a 2010 giant glory 01 and a 2012 specialized demo 8 but again i'm buying a new bike and i need opinions. I've looked at Lapierre, Devinci, Giant, Specialized, Mondraker, Polygon etc. My problem is my figure, i'm skinny at 180cm tall with only 65kg of weight...
  4. A

Becoming the perfect figure

Hey all, I basically want what the title says. I want a figure that is both appealing and perfect for racing DH, I'm unfit and so tired of getting buggered real easy at races. I am 180cm tall, and a skinny build, really unfit though. I have access to a XC bike and so far that's it. My diet...
  5. A

Sold

Item: 2012 Rockshox Vivid Air - 9.5x3.0 Location: Tassie! Will ship, no dramas. Item Condition: Literally brand new condition. Reason for selling: I have no bike to mount the shock. Price and price conditions: $300 ono if any interest, message me. Extra Info: Bought this shock probably 3...
  6. A

Sold

This really needs to go! Message me if at all interested!!! Item: 2012 Specialized Demo 8 Troy Lee Designs Paintwork - Medium! Location: Tasmania Item Condition: Mint - Showroom Reason for selling: Have gotten pretty sick and can't ride for a year or so, too much value lost in a year...
  7. A

TAS Sold

Item: Renthal Fat Bar Location: Tasmania Item Condition: Its sealed in its packaging bag, never been open Reason for selling: Got sent the wrong bars and cost too much to return them to uk Price and price conditions: $65, will ship and its roughly $15 to anywhere in aus. Extra Info: 20mm...
  8. A

2011+ Demo 8 Shock

Hey guys, I have a 2012 demo 8 frame build up and it came with a Cane Creek. I bought the frame when i had a broken finger and only used the shock a minimal amount of times but i just don't like it. A lot of people argue the cane creek is so much more better than the vivid but I'm sorry, its...
  9. A

DH Mr. Troy Lee.

What can i say. 2 Months. Coupla Grand. Baby was born... FRAME: 2012 Specialized Demo 8 TLD- Medium. REAR SHOCK: Cane Creek Double Barrel FORK: Rockshox Boxxer R2C2 (Team) HEADSET: The one i got with the frame. STEM: Truvativ Hollzfella HANDLEBARS: Renthal Fatbar 20mm Rise GRIPS: Sram lock on...
  10. A

TAS Sold please remove

Item: 2011 Commencal Supreme DH SMALL Location: Tasmania, as usual. Free Shipping! Item Condition: Brand Spanka! still in box, he's getting it out for pics soon Reason for selling: because he has got a new bike Price and price conditions: $1000 Extra Info: I am selling on behalf of a mate...
  11. A

Rockshox Boxxer Team

Hey all, I am wondering if there is any other ways apart from slick honey to make boxxer teams buttery. I have 2010 teams and i get slick honey done 2 times a month for the reason they don't feel buttery at all after a fortnight, i clean the seals after everyride and the forks are well looked...
  12. A

TAS SOLD! Please Remove

Item: 2011 Specialized Demo 8 i Medium Location: Tasmania- Free Shipping Aus Wide! Item Condition: Excellent Condition Reason for selling: I think its a new bike, selling for a mate Price and price conditions: $3000 Extra Info: Its in amazing condition really, mate bought it secondhand off...
  13. A

Saddles and Posts

Hey all, back with one of my little posts on comparing items. But i have nothing really to say apart from, what is the best saddle or your preferred saddle, and what seat post do you run (rail or beam) Cheers
  14. A

Sold! Please Remove

Item: 2010 Giant Glory 01- Small Location: Tassie- Postage available Item Condition: excellent condition Reason for selling: Demo 8 Price and price conditions: $700 neg. Extra Info: Comes with Thompson Elite, Vivid, BB, cranks, seat and chainguide Pictures: Only Shitty ones
  15. A

Wanted: Rockshox Boxxer Lower Crown

Item: 2010+ Boxxer Lower Crown, pref black but see what yous have Location: Where ever Item Condition: Brand new, excellant con or alright. just offer me Price and price conditions: Whatever Extra Info: none Pictures: Would be good
  16. A

SOLD!! Cane Creek Double Barrel, Brand Spanka!

Item: Cane Creek Double Barrel Location: Tasmania, can post Item Condition: Never used, came on a frame Reason for selling: Want a Rockshox Vivid, rather them! Price and price conditions: Offers? But i'm thinking $550 Extra Info: 9.5x3.0, comes with a 400lb i think? Pictures: yeah sure!
  17. A

Please everyone vote!!

Hey all, i'm really stuck with brakes for my DH. I would prefer to stick with avid but I'm fine trying new things! Options: -Avid X0 trail -Avid Code -Avid Code R -maybe 2013 Saints? -maybe Formula 'The One'?? Cheers in advance!
  18. A

Demo 8 BB

Can anyone please shed some light on my demo 8 frame.. They are sooo different to the others! So i'm looking at X0 DH cranks for it and i want it to be pressfit because i have heard really bad things about the adaptors. So far i have gotten through my head that i need a PF30 BB and i looked...
  19. A

I need opinions..

Hey all, Not long ago i had my 2012 Demo 8 frame on here for sale (its the tld one) and i soon realised that i had 1 of 250 frames made in the world and i took it off for sale. On the other hand i have a 2010 giant glory 01 and i wanted a size upgrade but I'm really unsure on whether the...
  20. A

Please Remove

Item: Demo 8 2012 TLD Edition- Medium- Only 250 ever made, very rare!! Location: Tasmania (Don't be scared, shipping isn't a hassle) Item Condition: Never Used- Showroom Standard Reason for selling: New frame, don't like a size medium Price and price conditions: $3500 including shipping...