Search results

1. W

Rotorburn strava

this RB group is an excellent idea. fit in perfectly with one of the main reasons for which i use strava, which is to get inspiration for new riding locations and courses! also strava doesnt necessarily have to be really competitive, its just a great source of ride related statistics, for those...
  2. W

Chain Line Issues

OK so the new crankset is actually this one (FC-M431): http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-crankset-fc-m431-octalink-black-175mm-82063 In most cases, shimano seems to specify that this is a square taper bb crankset (well the tech data sheet does), whereas in fact the one i have is...
  3. W

Chain Line Issues

yeah i changed cranksets, and im pretty sure thats the problem - i envisage that i need a shorter BB spindle width. any ideas on how i get this info for this particular crankset? shimano tech data sheet didnt shed any light on the situation....
  4. W

Chain Line Issues

Hey So i am upgrading the drive train on my GF's Giant Yukon from 8sp to a 9sp groupset that i have acquired. both run Octalink BBs The original BB is a 68mm x 126mm (shimano ES25), and i assumed that i would be able to run this BB with the 9sp groupset So after installing and adjusting...
  5. W

New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

extremely disappointing that it has come to this. sydney's war on cycling clearly continues one of the great parts of being a cyclist is the comparative freedom - you can just pick up your bike and ride without having to worry about having to take your wallet along. requiring documentation...
  6. W

Some flowy trails through the national park.

looks fun... where abouts does this start from?
  7. W

New Oaks single track

Hey all Just wanted to express some positive feedback on the new single track at the bottom of the oaks fire trail. Rode the Andersons and Oaks for the first time in about 4 years the other weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see this new section Both myself and my girlfriend had an...
  8. W

Sheared top cap on fork rebound adjust

In tonight's home mechanic session, i have managed in all retardness to shear off the bolt attached to the rebound adjuster (top cap) on my fox van 36 fork. Hence, there remaining part of the bolt is still stuck in the very small diameter hole in the forks damping assembly. I have two ideas for...
  9. W

Council Meeting Outcomes: Bare Creek Bike Park (Northern Beaches)

Fantastic news! Very exciting... sounds like just about the best result you could ask for. Hopefully they are as good as their word
  10. W

trip to nz definately worth it

me and the gf did a 2 wk trip to the south island in feb. wasnt just riding (did some hiking, kayaking and tourist shit as well) but we did two solid days of riding: 1. the croisus track out of greymouth - awesome ride which follows a river up through the typical nz green rainforest, then...
  11. W

Headset advice

Gday everyone Ive got a Niner RIP9 frame and Fox Float 120mm fork (tapered steerer) to couple onto it. Was just wondering what headset would be recommended? Is it worth spending the money on the higher end sets (ie Chris King) Cheers wazzaa
  12. W

NZ trip - suggestions

G'day all Planning a trip to the south island next year. Rough plan is to fly to christchurch, then drive from there to queenstown over a few days, ideally camping along the way. From there do some walking around te-anau and kayaking in the fjords etc. However, looking to get some mtb in as...
  13. W

Shimano octalink BB

Gday farkinburners The BB on my gf's bike is creaking up a storm and i would like to replace it. Its a shimano octalink style on a 2010 vintage giant yukon hardtail. My question is what would be the dimensions? Is there one that would be standard on mtbs? Measuring the unit, it appears...
  14. W

Fox 2010 Van R Damper issues

OK thanks very much that pretty much answers my question. one more though.... i imagine that i will have to replace the oil in the damper. the oil volume specified is 100ml for the damper. would i do this after installing the lowers (add 100ml plus the 25ml specified for the open bath)? or...
  15. W

a fair bit came out before i moved the damper at all, then a little bit more came out as i moved it up and down. ill take it out of the uppers and try opening up the shim. assuming i will have to replace this oil which has come out? by the looks of it, i can use the same 10w oil as for the...
  16. W

OK, but should the fluid be coming out of the damper, without having loosened any of the nuts on the damper assembly? (other than the nut that removes the lower)
  17. W

its the open bath model... pic attached of the fork without lower on...
  18. W

Hi So i have just taken my fork (2010 fox van r) apart to change the oil and seals. Upon removing the lowers, clean red oil started pissing out of the damper side. I am assuming that this is damper fluid, as the fox damper fluid is red, and all the oil in the open bath tends to be very...
  19. W

Convict 100 - Entries Open on Monday (3 Dec)

so... my gf is stepping up for her first 100k enduro at next years convict. shes done the 50km version of the highland fling and also capital punishment without too much difficulty, but is a little nervous about tackling 100km how difficult is this event compared to other enduros around?
  20. W

Triple J and it's changing image

beautiful thanks for that. was clicking on the listen on the main screen and nothing happened.