Search results

1. S

Photos being used to identify MTBers

Following up on this old thread. For those that know where this trail is, has there been any issues? Trail is still in good condition?
  2. S

Photos being used to identify MTBers

Came across some signs along a trail I was riding saying photos were being taken and would be used to identify people. Fines would be issued. This is not a national park. Anyone heard of this stuff happening?
  3. S

All Mountain Tyres

What's the volume like with the purgatory 26 x 2.2 compared to the Hans dampf or the maxxis ignitor 2.3? Also where can I get one in sydney?
  4. S

All Mountain Tyres

So grip wise the ground control is better than the purgatory? How bout the transition from centre to side knobs. Which is better at that out of the two? I run an Ardent on the front and don't like the transition.
  5. S

All Mountain Tyres

Everyone seems to talk about schwalbe or maxxis tyres. Is there anyone that can comment on Specialized range of tyres. Namely the captains or purgatory?
  6. S

Consequence of running fork at lower than recommended pressure

For those that have Rockshox forks and run lower pressure than recommended, I am curious as to how much lower you guys run compared to the recommended?
  7. S

Consequence of running fork at lower than recommended pressure

As the title says is there any consequences of running the fork at lower than recommended pressure. The Rockshox pressures for my weight same too high. If I pump it up to that pressure, the fork feels way too firm. I don't get full travel riding my local trail.
  8. S

Has anyone used/owned a DNM Mountain Bike Dropper?

I've been using one for about 6 months. So far no issues. I only ride once a week though and don't need it too much on my trail. Holding air no play. I haven't weigh it but seeing the KS is the bottom of their range I don't think it would be that different. Plus I wasn't sure how much I would...
  9. S

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Has anyone bought solarstorm lights from aliexpress? This one claims to be selling a genuine light http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1223721394.html Also anyone have experience with lightmalls
  10. S

I want to try these solarstorm x2 mounted on the helmet. This one comes with a headband. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SolarStorm-2X-CREE-U2-5000LM-LED-Bike-Bicycle-Head-Light-Lamp-4-18650-Battery-/181400293928?pt=AU_Bicycle_Accessorries&var&hash=item2a3c4cd228&_uhb=1 Is that plastic piece on the...
  11. S

Which chainring to get?

I need a new middle chainring. The cranks I have are Shimano FC-M442-8, Octalink Spline. Running 3x9. I'm not sure which ones of the following will fit http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-xt-m751-lx-m571-middle-chainring/rp-prod5702...
  12. S

The main reason I'm considering the torch option is that I dont ride with a pack. With a dedicated bike light I would have to strap the battery to the helmet which I don't want. I don't have a jersey pocket either. I have read thru that thread and am looking at a solarstorm x2 for the bars but...
  13. S

Trail riding, mixture of stuff. Some single track, fire trail, couple of rocky downhills. I know the trail fairly well so hoping that helps.
  14. S

Weighs 82g without battery. Will anchor with cable ties. Is 1000 lumen enough for that time of day?
  15. S

1000 lumen torch as helmet light Hello I'm planning on riding around 6-6.30am and in winter time it's still bit dark. Not pitch black though. I am looking at getting a 1000 lumen torch as a helmet light. If that's not enough I'll add a bar light. The torch I'm looking at is this...
  16. S

Can anyone comment on the difference with the beam spread between the ones with 2 or 3 lights flat design? And how do these feel when mounted on helmet?
  17. S

Opinions on Bontrager xr4 tyres

Hello, I'm still considering my options for a new front tyre. Im using a 2.25 ardent at 23psi. Can't say I'm overly impressed. Bit sketchy on loose stuff around corners. Having a look at tread patterns, the Bontrager looks ok. Has good transitional noobs. They got a good wright up by Flow...
  18. S

Maxxis Minions 2.35 vs 2.5

Hey 4dabush, in what way were the minions terrible for trail riding? Rolling resistance? Grip? How would the dual ply affect things?
  19. S

Thanks for the opinions. So going by what jackass said about the DHR being 55mm wide I assume the 2.3 DHF would be the same width? That would be similar to my current 2.25 Ardents. Has anyone gone from an Ardent to a Minion? I'll take a look at the Nevagal but from what I've read they don't have...
  20. S

I'm thinking of trying the Maxxis Minion tyre but undecided on which size to try. I do only general trail riding. At the moment I'm running an 2.25 Ardent front and crossmark rear. Looking for more grip up front. Do the Minions grip well in loose sandy conditions? I've read that the 2.35 Minions...