Search results

1. R

MTB servicing in SE Melbourne

Apologies if there is already a thread on this.. happy to be pointed to it. Havent ridden for 5 years, pretty much stock 2011 Giant Reign 1 - looking to get a full service before I get back on, looking for recommendation for servicing in the South East
  2. R

Cheap shoes for Flats

I wear a pair of Salomon Hiking shoes as they are super lightweight, and given I end up walking up a few inclines during my rides - they provide really good grip and stability.
  3. R

VIC Mt Baw Baw - Wide Open to Ride!

Sounds awesome! Looking to check this out... in terms of difficulty how would the DH trail(s) be rated? Im only a beginner, and have been able to tackle tracks like Cressy at the Youies...
  4. R

Full face helments - best place to try in Melbourne

Hi guys, Looking at getting a full face helmet and was wondering where in Melbourne has the best range for me to try them on? I've been to a quite a few LBS and most of them only seem to have one or two in stock, if any. Also, in regards to sizing - I'm currently using a 661 Recon in a...
  5. R

mountain bike fishing!

Sounds awesome, sorry cant give you much advice... But after watching this www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZzPkFUZyc I was inspired to do something similar, however I never have.
  6. R

Wombat Track Woodend

Rode this track for the first time on Saturday, and as a bit of newbie, I was extremely thankful for the sign-age, otherwise I would've felt really lost - great job in setting this all up. Such a great place to ride!
  7. R

Too much bike for total noob?

haha.. get a hardtail! but seriously, depends on your skill level as well - if you just getting back into it after a long period, something basic is good to brush up on your skills and really finding out if you want to spend a decent bit of money on something more advanced is well worth it...
  8. R

Bike buying advice...

Ok, I'm finally in the market for a new bike, looking for a mid-range trail/AM bike that will give me some decent use on the trails around Victoria I'm a fairly burley bloke hovering around the 90kg mark,but on the shorter side at 167cm. I have narrowed the choices down to two price points...
  9. R

The Hip Hop thread

Guru has series of Jazz/Hip Hop albums.. Jazzmatazz - I think there are about 3 or 4 albums in the series - and they're quite good. Anyone seen the ATCQ doco - Beats, Rhymes and Life? Really interesting insight into their origins and why they broke up.
  10. R

Choosing a dual-suss bike - rear suspension and body weight

Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading to a full-suss bike, and wondering what would be a good choice for me. I am a fairly burley (but short) fellow pushing 100kgs and 167 cms in height...which limits me to something in the 'small' category in terms of frame size. Was in my LBS and they...
  11. R

Beating the fear

Thanks everyone for all the great advice, can say that I put some into practice over the weekend with some good results...
  12. R

How do I know the bike is a good fit...

Hi guys.. Been reading a few posts regarding bike sizing, one question I have is that how do I know that my bike fits me properly..? I purchased my bike - an Orbea Sate (yes, I know not very popular, but it was cheap, and has so far served me well) I sized it based using an online guide...
  13. R

Heaps of Norcos now on Graysonline

The Range 3 seems like a good deal at $1378 (incl the 15% buyers premium, and providing no one bids... hehehe) can anyone confirm that this in fact a good price as I cant seem to find many purchase items for this bike in Oz? I was thinking of getting a Trance X2 as my next bike, but the Range...
  14. R

Carrying weight - better on rider or on bike?

I think you're less likely to feel the weight of any items your carrying when it's in your pack.. not to mention the fact that its probably safer as it is less likely to come flying off when you hit some air!
  15. R

Beating the fear

Thanks all, sound advice indeed!
  16. R

Beating the fear

Hi all, Just wanting to get some advice on how to get over the fear of crashing when I approach rocky drop off sections. Every time I get near them i feel like "there no way" I can make it without crashing... Any advice on how I can practice these or any where that is good to go around...
  17. R

Werribee River, Rockbank trails...

How do I move it to the correct section?
  18. R

Melbourne trials riders wanted for input on area development

As a beginner rider, it would be great to have something for everybody, ranging from a beginner style section with gradual drop-offs, wide berms, and some flat rocky sections to practice riding more technical section. For intermediate to advanced riders, it would be hard for me to comment (as...
  19. R

Werribee River, Rockbank trails...

Hi all, Was looking at Ted's Cycles website, and they have posted quite a few trails around the western burbs of Melbourne. I went took a drive out to Rockbank as there looked to be an interesting trail there, but I could seem to find it. Just wondering if anyone here currently uses...
  20. R

Where To buy Canyon bikes in Aust?

Thanks guys, no wonder you don't see too many around... Anyone purchased one? wondering sort of shipping costs to expect?