Search results

1. S

Mt buninyong trails

Are there any mtb trails around mt buninyong near Ballarat? Anyone got any maps or clues as to where to find them? Cheers
  2. S

Yarra Trails regulars

So did I pass any of you guys today on the southern trails.... A group of 3 at the tear drop, then said hello when stopped above studley park boathouse descent. (One beardy tattoed gent and two others?)
  3. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Just back from a big overseas trip recently and found the loop up by the rehab centre above the yarra blvd is closed off.... When did this happen? Any areas opened up in compensation?
  4. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Yep, agreed, always avoided this section, or walked over the top. A certain fear of death/swimming in the yarra with my feet clipped onto a bike have made me a little concerned... What changes were you thinking of?
  5. S

Yarra Trails regulars

I've been riding for the last couple of yrs on the YTs, and I've never seen anything! I must ride with blinkers on...
  6. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Anymore news of the kangaroo with a narrow in its head from westerfolds? Been seen/picked up yet?
  7. S

Yarra Trails regulars

The monument climb is my current nemesis. I can get about 2/3rds up then legs fail me.down is fun but yes watch the ruts at the bottom!
  8. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Yikes to both snakes and nude blokes! That's my local area from abbotsford. Formal apology for the eye sore I am currently riding. I am on a fluoro yellow FS superfly. It is not mine, it is a demo, and I will pay for anyone who needs sunglasses going past. Also thanks to the bloke who checked...
  9. S

Yarra Trails regulars

on riding with my wife: Positives- she loves it and has a beautiful Scott scale pro carbon hardtail. We started riding on fire trails a long time ago and slowly progressed to singletrack. Negatives - we have a year and a half old child who put a stop to her riding when pregnant (probably a...
  10. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Pity, 10am Tuesday won't work for me, maybe next time.... Have a good one!
  11. S

Yarra Trails regulars

If I am thinking of the same rock, I saw a cyclocross rider who had caught his peddle the other day. Buried in the grass by a short climb?
  12. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Out at crack of dawn this morning and came across the elusive kangaroo! Seemed to be a happy soul as he skipped his way past me. Otherwise only came across one rider at about 7.30am by the pipe bridge and many runners. Any news of a meet?
  13. S

Yarra Trails regulars

Plus one for a social ride if its going ahead. I ride from abbotsford a few times a week albeit slowly.... (When it is finally sorted out at the shop, I will also be on a trek superfly! I love it)
  14. S

Yarra Trails regulars

I think some rotorburn helmet badges would be handy as I was out in the area at about 1ish for a quick whizz out. Very good conditions and nice quiet roads.
  15. S

Yarra Trails regulars

On the theme of group rides, dies anyone now of a group ride on Mondays 5.30ish onwards? Or Thursdays any time? Really keen to start riding with others, as I ride 90% on my lonesome....
  16. S

Yarra Trails regulars

I saw the changes to the trail around the royal talbot. I rode them this morning and someone has been busy rearranging the logs to close off the 'new' trail. I do think however it maybe worth putting something across the top of the new rail, where it leaves the main loop by the bench. Maybe some...
  17. S

Lower back discomfort and exercises

So I get regular lower back discomfort when riding longer than an hour or so. Pain stops as soon as I stopp and stretch on the bike, then returns another 30-40 mins of riding later. Stiffness settles by the following morning (once i have stretched using a roller). I have had my bike setup...
  18. S

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Hi George, Already emailed about a week ago, so it'll be waiting in your inbox when you get back to work! Looking to get the 4x4 carrier for 2 bikes, then increase it to the 4x4x4 once the little one gets a bike of her own. Look forward to getting the invoice... Well the carrier more than the...
  19. S

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Interesting, I have been leaning towards the isi, it's just the extra cost. The Yakima I haven't really considered, but looks good on their website and is cheaper by far. Decisions decisions...
  20. S

Isi 4x4 vs gripsport 2+2 vs Thule 3 bike carrier So has anyone got any preferences of one over another of these 3 top end hitch mounted platform style carriers? Gripsport: $658aud for 2+2 bikes extension http://gripsport.com.au/product/hi-ride-carrier-22-4-bike Isi: approx $1200aud for a...